Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2013, 12:08   #12706
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
I was the first person to reach the spot. I Called the police and help to sent the lady to hospital in police van. I was really shocked at that time.

The lady was out of danger now(confirmed from a police man)
Good job Kalinga & glad to nknow that the lady is out of danger

Quote:
The police had note down my address and phone number as witness. I am really afraid, assuming police may call me frequently to police station and court. yesterday night they kept me waiting at the spot till 11.30 PM.

Any suggestion regarding this?
No reason for worrying as the lady is out of danger. You did the right thing by calling the police & helping the police shift the lady to the hospital. Appraise your close friends/relatives about this incident & make sure some of them can accompany you to the police station/courts if at all you are summoned (I doubt you would ever be).

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
As far as I know, you will not be bothered much if the cops were able to determine that the driver was drunk. Perhaps a couple of testimonies will be required, depending on how the victim and the cops decide to pursue the case.
with selfdrive over here.

Would like to share my experience (dates 15 years back). One man was fatally hit by a PCMC bus on the Indira Gandhi flyover in Pimpri. My friend & I immediately got down from our bike & with the help of a good samaritan, drove the victim to YCM hospital. Unfortunately he was declared dead on arrival. The police took our statements & informed us that we may be summoned for further enquiries. That week was my sisters marriage & I informed police that this should not be known to my family. They kept their word & I was never called back.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 12:49   #12707
Senior - BHPian

Very good job kalinga. I think we have this fear for not interacting with the police. I have helped a few victims to hospital and notified the police and have never faced problems.

This is the least that we can do and hope everyone does it because who knows it might help someone near and dear or ourselves.
Old 8th February 2013, 18:57   #12708
BHPian

A Tempo Traveler had climbed the median on the road leading to Command Hospital immediately after the signal after the Koramangala-Indranagar flyover. Looks like the driver tried to swerve to avoid something and managed to snag the vehicle on the ornamental iron rods on the median.
Old 8th February 2013, 21:01   #12709
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Saw the mangled remains of a new white swift below the flyover on the turn towards Gandhi Nagar on the Eastern Express Highway. Was ehading towards Worli, so couldnt click a pic, any news on this one, the roof seemed to be torn apart, like it went under a dumper.
Saw the same Swift during my morning commute.
Couple of pics:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00241201302080951.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00242201302080952.jpg

While I saw the scene in the morning, I noticed some twisted metal at the rear and assumed that it was the rear-hatch door. When I was looking at the photo during lunch time, to my horror realized that the hatch door is where it should be and that huge piece of twisted metal is either from the roof or from the left side of the car!

While driving back home, had a quick glance at the swift and the left side was indeed torn. Bad accident. Hope people survived.

Last edited by SDP : 8th February 2013 at 21:03.
Old 11th February 2013, 21:18   #12710
Distinguished - BHPian

There seems to be a major accident on NH-4 near Mulbagal, Kolar. Anyone passed by this stretch or passing? TV channels say it was a tanker burst. Not sure what gas it was. The bodies seem to have disintegrated into bits. Sad scene.
Old 12th February 2013, 09:09   #12711
BHPian

Presenting to you Bangalore's first ever Mono Rail system!

PS: Nobody was apparently injured in this accident that happened in Kammanahalli, Bangalore.

Source: Photo added by a friend in Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc.jpg  

Added_flavor is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 09:45   #12712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Presenting to you Bangalore's first ever Mono Rail system!

PS: Nobody was apparently injured in this accident that happened in Kammanahalli, Bangalore.

Source: Photo added by a friend in Facebook.
This is at exactly the same spot where couple of months ago a flatbed trailer carrying rail wheels crashed into, killing the driver of the truck and causing total mayhem with all the train wheels breaking loose and rolling around on the road! That truck had also misjudged the starting of the flyover and ploughed straight into the divider.

To be fair to drivers, the spot is confusing especially at night with no markings and signing whatsoever, when the divider starts and exits branch off to both sides. In addition to that, the place is completely obscured in darkness at night. And of course, truck drivers who always drive in the extreme right (fast) lane get confused and this happens.

I know how Bangalore cops will fix this solution. They will install a speedbreaker of course!
Old 12th February 2013, 11:12   #12713
BHPian

Witnesssed some crazy driving and resulting accident thereof. This was on a freeway - basement parking of an office complex. I had come down to my parking to collect some stuff so didn't have phone on me then to get the crash shot. But have shown below a representation of what transpired. Both Dzire & i-10 were heading towards the exit at greater than safe speeds. Although the exitways are loaded with small rubber bumps most cars seems to find thrill in taking them on without slowing down. Anyway, this happened around 5pm yesterday, not yet the time for rush hour. Since I was a few seconds late to enter into the basement I'm not sure who honked or who didnt. But the aftermath of the site clearly indicated both were speeding.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-untitled.jpg

The Dzire frantically breaked into the turn but the car spun of control (tyre marks were very obvious) and the rear collided with the pillar (top pillar in the pic) . The i-10 haplessly tried to break but in vain. i-10 struck 3/4th of the LHS and boot of the Dzire. The boot and rear bumper of the Dzire were in shambles. Thankfully neither of the occupants of both cars were hurt. Shaken perhaps. The i-10 was damaged but not to the extent the Dzire suffered. Saw the i-10 parked today morning and snapped it.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo.jpg
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 11:40   #12714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Witnesssed some crazy driving and resulting accident thereof. This was on a freeway - basement parking of an office complex.
It is a real pity to see such freak accidents happening in building basements. And looking by the damage on the car it is obvious either of the two cars (or both) would be speeding well above the permissible limits. (Even F1 drivers have to follow the pit-lane speed when they dive into their garages & have to face severe penalties if they don't follow it). Why people drive so recklessly in an area where there could be pedestrians? I think people have lost civic sense & both the Dezire & i-10 drivers have learn t their lesson the hard way. Hope they never repeat such a mistake ever in their whole life.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 09:02   #12715
BHPian

In every accident involving a dzire, looks like its always the dzire which comes out worse damaged. I've always said its a tin foil car, especially the boot. All these just helps to validate my statement.
Old 13th February 2013, 10:15   #12716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
The Dzire frantically breaked into the turn but the car spun of control (tyre marks were very obvious) and the rear collided with the pillar (top pillar in the pic) . The i-10 haplessly tried to break but in vain. i-10 struck 3/4th of the LHS and boot of the Dzire. The boot and rear bumper of the Dzire were in shambles. The i-10 was damaged but not to the extent the Dzire suffered.
Not able to understand the significance of the Civic marked in the representation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
In every accident involving a dzire, looks like its always the dzire which comes out worse damaged. I've always said its a tin foil car, especially the boot. All these just helps to validate my statement.
In this case, Dzire seems to have hit the pillar as well as taken a hit from the i10 on the rear. i10 on the other hand seems to have hit only the Dzire.

Though it looks small, the repair bill on that i10 is not going to be small for sure. There could be a lot of 'shaken' parts under that hood.

No denying that Dzire is tin foil but so are most other fuel efficient cars in India. That is the trade-off that a customer has to pay and the Indian auto industry has no shortage for customers willing to do that trade-off. The so-called solidly built gas guzzlers would just end up lying in the garage of the common man while he uses his 2-wheeler for his daily commute due to fuel costs. A fuel efficient tin-foil car that can be used everyday is safer than a 2-wheeler.

Last edited by zenren : 13th February 2013 at 10:20.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 11:47   #12717
Distinguished - BHPian

A Major Accident indeed, more details below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
There seems to be a major accident on NH-4 near Mulbagal, Kolar. Anyone passed by this stretch or passing? TV channels say it was a tanker burst. Not sure what gas it was. The bodies seem to have disintegrated into bits. Sad scene.
Courtesy: Times of India
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18458153.cms
Old 13th February 2013, 11:53   #12718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
A Major Accident indeed, more details be
Isn't it a little ironic that a truck carrying CO2 could explode into such a big fire? Isn't CO2 used in fire extinguishers?
Old 13th February 2013, 11:56   #12719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Passed that stretch just 4 hours before this incident. Read about this incident in next day newspaper.
Old 13th February 2013, 12:18   #12720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Isn't it a little ironic that a truck carrying CO2 could explode into such a big fire? Isn't CO2 used in fire extinguishers?
Comments are at the end of the page. Am copy pasting it below.

bilvanth (banglore) replies to iyer56
12 Feb, 2013 09:41 AM
The above information was over hyped story.. but still the whole episode was too cinematic. A tree hit the top of a gas tanker coming in the opposite direction causing the tanker to hit a truck just before us. The impact created a lot of gas pressure throwing away an empty school van parked just beside. We were lucky enough it didn’t affect our car. But we inhaled lot of gas ....
bilvanth (banglore) replies to iyer56
12 Feb, 2013 09:39 AM
Ya All these is over hyped story ..I was on the spot The whole episode was too cinematic. A tree hit the top of a gas tanker coming in the opposite direction causing the tanker to hit a truck just before us. The impact created a lot of gas pressure throwing away an empty school van parked just beside. We were lucky enough it didn’t affect our car. But we inhaled lot of gas ..i hope that CO2 will not have any side effects

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks