Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 19:56   #12811
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Here is the photo of the BMW Car. The second person who was admitted to Hospital has died. The Car driver has been arrested. He is the son of an Eye Surgeon. Same Old story. Will get bail ... case will drag ... and forgotten

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw.jpg
Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 23:13   #12812
BHPian

This pic was sent by a friend from Kochi, recently. Result of overloading I suppose.
Anyway, looks like the tipper is about to "transform"
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc.jpg  

275BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 23:46   #12813
BHPian

On the way back home, saw a mini truck with a badly damaged front on the flyover adjacent to the Chennai airport. A few other vehicles were also parked nearby, but could not see any damage. Traffic police was at the scene. With the incessant honking from behind hurrying me up, could not take any pictures. Passed the spot around 9 PM. Anybody has more information on this?
Old 1st March 2013, 11:09   #12814
BHPian

Stumbled upon another picture of my old Corolla after it got punched in the face. This happened around a year ago if I remember correctly. The bill came to about 1.5 Lacs and was taken care of by insurance. Car has been fixed and is running smooth as ever now.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img00200201111190712.jpg  

Old 1st March 2013, 11:21   #12815
BHPian

This is a video I found on youtube as I was just grazing. I have to say I thought India was bad at road sense, or traffic sense or road rage. Russia is much worse and mush more dangerous!! The driving quality is similar to India but cars are faster! A receipe for disaster!! Check it out! Its doamn scary!

thumpingheart is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 11:50   #12816
BHPian

You can see plenty of such videos with compilation of various accidents in youtube.

Poor traffic sense, road rage is not just in India its there in every country. According to me, Road rage will be high in countries were road infra structure is poor and with high population.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:06   #12817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
You can see plenty of such videos with compilation of various accidents in Youtube.

Poor traffic sense, road rage is not just in India its there in every country. According to me, Road rage will be high in countries were road infra structure is poor and with high population.
On a different note, I feel that road rage is more in countries where road infra is better. If you see, its actually the overspeeding that is the cause of major accidents !! Most of the vehicles are driving over sane limits. Not their fault, the govt has set those speed limits. So incase of an emergency braking, most of them cannot come to a halt due to the speed.
Adding to that if someone is driving slowly, the bully-vehicles pull up and start shootong for not giving way to them !!

Take certain cases in Indian roads. The moment we see a neat and clean road, we floor the pedal and if someone suddenly comes in front of us, we bang into it. Bright example, the Ahmedabad BMW accident post in the last page. The moment you start crawling in traffic, you have no option but to move slowly, so that fatal damage reduces (might be a minor scratch in case someone squeezes in).
Old 1st March 2013, 13:01   #12818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
On a different note, I feel that road rage is more in countries where road infra is better.
I Agree on this, A stupid moron on a well built highway is more harmful, than when he was on a poor road.

But i'm talking about a normal aam junda, who turns hot-n-cold depends on traffic condition :-).

Let me put my point more precisely, Just think about a single lane road with no divider and a two lane road with divider. The probability of getting into a road rage and accidents are very high in the prior case.

On a well built highway, one can do relax driving when compare to poorly maintained single lane highway. You can leave those morons who do insane speed seeing the open road. They will remain the same irespective of road types. Most of them doesn't know wider roads are for increased comfort and not for insane speed.

On my personnel experience, I feel myself exhausted while en-routing through a poorly maintained highway, and the result, if someone cuts in front me, i feel much irritated.
But if i was in a relaxed state of mood, i'll casually ignore these morons. I think this is applicable for every aam admi. I may be wrong .
Old 1st March 2013, 14:27   #12819
Distinguished - BHPian

My mothers co-worker's son rammed his car into a divider on airport road this morning it seems. Anyone went on airport road today? It was a dzire which rolled over three times. Luckily no injuries.
Old 1st March 2013, 18:52   #12820
BHPian

Quote:
On a different note, I feel that road rage is more in countries where road infra is better. If you see, its actually the overspeeding that is the cause of major accidents !! Most of the vehicles are driving over sane limits. Not their fault, the govt has set those speed limits. So incase of an emergency braking, most of them cannot come to a halt due to the speed.
Adding to that if someone is driving slowly, the bully-vehicles pull up and start shootong for not giving way to them !!

Take certain cases in Indian roads. The moment we see a neat and clean road, we floor the pedal and if someone suddenly comes in front of us, we bang into it. Bright example, the Ahmedabad BMW accident post in the last page. The moment you start crawling in traffic, you have no option but to move slowly, so that fatal damage reduces (might be a minor scratch in case someone squeezes in).

In agreement with you but partially. Its not that speed is the sin, what matter is whether you have got that speed sensibly and responsibly or not ? Germany is the only country where there is officially no speed limit and yet its among bottom most countries for Road rage and road accident fatalities.

I am particularly scared of speed anything above 120, i care for my loved ones so even if i can see 2 kms down, i wont speed anywhere more than 120-130kmph but thats me. Last year the moment I landed in Stuttgart,Germany, the cab wala was drving a Merc and was in excess of speeds of 200kmph and was c'tely confident of it.
First time i felt that you can be safe even at those speeds too but what's necessary is the your road behaviour vis a vis others and ofcourse the infrastructure to support it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 1st March 2013 at 18:53.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 12:53   #12821
BHPian

Place: Chennai Pallavaram radial road bridge.
Date: 25th Feb, 2013
Time: 10 pm

I was driving at 60 after crossing VEL's university police barrigade and a saw a two wheeler coming with high beam and honking like mad. I just moved to left most as much as possible and let me go.
Saw a new Yamaha Fz with two young folks in it riding like maniac at break neck sped (guess it should be 80+) . Yeah of course, no helmets.

Just before the bridge there is a right curve and the two wheeler crossed it and went. When I was taking the curve I saw those folks taking the bridge ramp and heard a big thump.... I didn't realize what was happened until I reached the spot.
Bike hit the center median lamp post and both of the had first hit in the post (I guess) and fell over the median and bike went further 50 ft and landed.

I was the first one to reach the spot and took one guy who was half in road and median and lie down to median. The other guy was bleeding profusely in the head and both lost the consciousness and not repsonding.
Couple of guys joined me to help place the guy safer without taking too much risk of injuring. Called 108 and they responded in flat 7 minutes (Kudos man.. I appreciate this)
Cops came and did initial enquiry and helped to put them in the ambulance.
Rider was not having any visible injury but the pillion rider had the head injury.
Prayed god for well being and left for home.

Read that pillion rider dead on the way to hospital. Young college guys and how many of them we're going to see die before enforcing the helmets.

I'm 100% sure both would have survived max with couple of weeks injury if they were wearing an helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130227e_013101009.jpg  

Last edited by Reisender : 2nd March 2013 at 12:54.
Reisender is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 13:55   #12822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
I was the first one to reach the spot and took one guy who was half in road and median and lie down to median. The other guy was bleeding profusely in the head and both lost the consciousness and not repsonding.
Couple of guys joined me to help place the guy safer without taking too much risk of injuring. Called 108 and they responded in flat 7 minutes (Kudos man.. I appreciate this)
First of all, Kudos for being the perfect human.

Secondly, have no remorse for the incident. Deserving people got back what they reaped. Good Lord that no other innocent road user was injured by this moronic act of the biker.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th March 2013 at 11:59.
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:11   #12823
Distinguished - BHPian

The helmets, properly worn and strapped, may make a change to the outcome, although it must take more than a helmet for a body to survive an 80kph collision.

It is the driving that causes the accident in the first place. Yes, the helmets should be enforced, but, above all, crazy dangerous driving must be stopped.

No, I am not really sorry for those that kill themselves --- but I am sorry for family and friends.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:31   #12824
BANNED

Quote:
First of all, Kudos for being the perfect human.

Secondly, have no remorse for the incident. Deserving people got back what they reaped. Good Lord that no other innocent road user was injured by this moronic act of the biker.
What was the pillion riders fault? It was the rider who deserved punishment not the backseat occupant.

--R
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 15:35   #12825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post

What was the pillion riders fault? It was the rider who deserved punishment not the backseat occupant.

--R
The pillion rider's fault was that he didn't convince his friend enough to drive sensibly. Who knows, he might have been enjoying the adrenaline rush. I have been a pillion on many of my friends' superbikes. I have made sure that either they had reduced speed or I had got down. I love my life, so I am sensible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks