Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 09:00   #12856
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

The Etios seems to be crushed by some Robot! And the cars are parked right in front of a training school, are they planning to scare prospective customers?
Old 7th March 2013, 12:11   #12857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Maybe they just saved some money by not adding this to the road surface. It helps me keep alert while on the long monotonous freeway drives here. It is a life saver when you are sleepy or are just losing concentration.
Well given the work is done on our highways I doubt they will ever find time, energy or the will to make this happen. But the new expressways that are coming up should atleast have these. These are the stretches that enable you to drive on good speeds and are relatively monotonous. Plus the huge amount of toll that they charge should leave them with enough surplus cash to make this happen. The noise these strips produce is quite a lot and would certainly help the driver to hopefully recover before a mishap happens.
Old 7th March 2013, 14:39   #12858
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

One more piece of bad news from Mumbai:

Two friends killed & third injured when a call center Tata Sumo hit thier bike on Dumping Road, Mulund.

Three friends were riding on Pulsar & Sumo hit them at high speed, leaving the passengers of the bike dead & bike rider has escaped with minor injuries.

The dead were just 21 & 23 years old.

In another incident, a Goregoan based businessman hit a bike killing the rider & injuring the passenger. He (Car driver) took the injured rider of bike to a leading hospital & then surrendered to the police. The killed biker was not wearing helmet.

Full article here:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18841205.cms

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 7th March 2013 at 14:45. Reason: Information added
Old 7th March 2013, 16:34   #12859
Senior - BHPian

The Etios looks crazy. I hope its not the Waggie that T-boned it
Old 7th March 2013, 18:59   #12860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

One more piece of bad news from Mumbai:

Two friends killed & third injured when a call center Tata Sumo hit thier bike on Dumping Road, Mulund.

Three friends were riding on Pulsar & Sumo hit them at high speed, leaving the passengers of the bike dead & bike rider has escaped with minor injuries.

The dead were just 21 & 23 years old.

In another incident, a Goregoan based businessman hit a bike killing the rider & injuring the passenger. He (Car driver) took the injured rider of bike to a leading hospital & then surrendered to the police. The killed biker was not wearing helmet.

Full article here:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18841205.cms

Thanks,

I wonder if there is any different treatment given to a person who owns up to what happened and takes the injured to the hospital and then surrenders to the police. its very easy to just drive drive off and pray that nobody saw you. But taking the ownership I think makes all the difference and I feel that there should be some difference in the eyes of the law.
Old 7th March 2013, 21:02   #12861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post

I wonder if there is any different treatment given to a person who owns up to what happened and takes the injured to the hospital and then surrenders to the police. its very easy to just drive drive off and pray that nobody saw you. But taking the ownership I think makes all the difference and I feel that there should be some difference in the eyes of the law.
A very valid suggestion. However the legal obligations of the same might be enormous and impractical. Btw what is the legal implication of killing someone in an accident specially when there is no sure shot accused and it was an accident due to ignorance/mistake of both drivers?
Old 8th March 2013, 11:29   #12862
BHPian

Etios metal thickness is something to blame here. Its very light and waffer thin, You can feel it when you open the door. A feather lite car, T-bonned by a big truck at high speed. The state of the vehicle is inevitable
Old 8th March 2013, 11:48   #12863
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the topic of build quality and sheet metal has been done to death on this thread more than 100 times! There is no way one can access and analyze the impact by merely looking at the pictures alone where lots of other vital factors play significant role.

Let us please not start another brand bashing session and continue with the main purpose of this very thread - Pictures from Accidents.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 11:55   #12864
BHPian

Its not brand bashing in anyways, my views is that its common for any lite-built vehicle. Its not just Etios-Toyota, almost applicable with most of the cars nowadays. Since Etios is in the topic i added my views.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 03:18   #12865
BHPian

Holy cow How on earth did the Etios land up in that state ? I would be surprised if anyone survived that accident.
For the sake of cost cutting, some cars off late have become real flimsy.
Old 9th March 2013, 07:48   #12866
BHPian

I don't think a truck T-boned the Etios and it reached in this state. The whole car is ripped apart and by looking at the state of the car, it seems like it was crossing or got stuck on some railway track and a high speed doing train hit it and dragged it for a significant distance. Another possibility maybe it was been driven on some hilly road and fallen down in hundreds of feet deep valley after collision with another vehicle.

Does anyone have exact info about the Etios accident?

Last edited by tbppjpr : 9th March 2013 at 07:53.
Old 9th March 2013, 11:19   #12867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I don't think a truck T-boned the Etios and it reached in this state. The whole car is ripped apart and by looking at the state of the car, it seems like it was crossing or got stuck on some railway track and a high speed doing train hit it and dragged it for a significant distance. Another possibility maybe it was been driven on some hilly road and fallen down in hundreds of feet deep valley after collision with another vehicle.

Does anyone have exact info about the Etios accident?
If it was a railway incident, the media would have definitely captured it by now.

And it doesn't seem like it rolled down a hill. Definitely a t-bone accident.
Old 9th March 2013, 11:57   #12868
BHPian

Looking at the state of Etios I do not think it was just due to an accident. The car might have been written off and would have ended up with more damages while transporting the Vehicle to the place. It may or may not have been scavenged for critical parts in between. My take is to not pass judgement on what would have caused based on just the current state.

Last edited by DWind : 9th March 2013 at 11:59.
Old 9th March 2013, 14:43   #12869
Distinguished - BHPian

Why the endless guessing game? Just based on a picture of a wreck, and with no idea of even where, let alone how, the car came to be in that state, some people are even prepared to assume that it is the fault of the car!

Let's at least keep our conjecturing to instances in which we have an actual, known, accident to talk about?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 23:52   #12870

Well, I am posting from my dad's account,
these are the images of the accident i met with while coming back from mahableshwar on the pune satara highway.
By gods grace we all came out without any serious injury....
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130306-20.20.38.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130306-20.23.03.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130306-20.24.02.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130306-20.24.38.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130306-20.25.06.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130306-20.43.50.jpg  

Shahnawaz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks