Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 08:31   #12871
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahnawaz View Post
Well, I am posting from my dad's account,
these are the images of the accident i met with while coming back from mahableshwar on the pune satara highway.
By gods grace we all came out without any serious injury....
thank God that none of you were injured badly!
BTW, how did this happen? The car seems to have fallen on the left and that too on the ditch on the right of the car. Normally, it should have fallen to the right. Or was it a curve that you failed to notice?
How did the body of the WagonR live up? Did you feel it as clumsy or thinny that might have not been able to protect you?

Last edited by carzone : 10th March 2013 at 08:33.
Old 10th March 2013, 09:31   #12872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
these are the images of the accident i met with while coming back from mahableshwar on the pune satara highway.
You are really fortunate to have come out of this accident unscathed & report it over here. You must thank your stars. A couple of years back a friend on mine met with a similar fate in his Waggy, when he was descending the Varandha ghat. For a split second he dozed off at the wheel, went over a boulder & the next moment, his car too was head over heels. Luckily no one was injured that time as well. One must be really very very careful while driving a Waggy on a winding/ghat road due to the high centre of gravity (I can recollect someone posting a similar picture of a Nano, head over heels). These cars are very eager to do this circus at the first opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
BTW, how did this happen? How did the body of the WagonR live up? Did you feel it as clumsy or thinny that might have not been able to protect you?
Same query here. Please give us the complete details how you landed in this situation, must have been very scary especially for the passengers. What speeds you were doing?
Old 10th March 2013, 09:58   #12873
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the first pic of the accident, who has kept a helmet on the car door? Was it one of the rescuers?
The Pune Satara highway is a four laned divided highway, a part of the excellent NH4. How come your car ended up on right hand side (towards Pune), on its left? Did you go across the divider?
Old 10th March 2013, 10:17   #12874
BANNED

@Shahnawaz: HZ is very recent series. This is a pretty new car - must be July/Aug 12 registered.
Old 10th March 2013, 21:59   #12875
BHPian

Quote:
Thank god! You guys had been very lucky to emerge unscathed from a very nasty accident.

I did the same route around 10 days back during a late night drive. I was shocked to find out poorly marked lanes which were under construction. Many times, the lanes were closed without any warning. This a big hazard especially in night.

Please do take some time to pen down the sequence of events which led to this. It could be useful for other users who are likely to be on the same road.

Take care.
Old 12th March 2013, 12:27   #12876
BHPian

Just saw a crumpled Alto near Tambaram Sanatorium signal next to the TB hospital stop on GST road towards Tambaram. The mangled remains were resting on the Kerb of the petrol pump. seems like it was hit from behind on the left side as the right side was identifiable, rest of the vehicle was crushed. Not sure of the vehicle that hit it, i was on a bus and saw this when crossing the scene.

@Shahnawaz: Thank God that you and your family are safe. I too have the same question os other fms, how this happened?
Old 12th March 2013, 18:21   #12877
Distinguished - BHPian

I just now saw an accident after the NICE road entry toll at EC.
A truck had hit a black manza from behind.
The manza's rear has been crushed and bumper fallen apart.
The car had fallen into the drain on the side.
Don't know if the car was parked or it was a case of sudden braking at high speed.
No one seemed to be hurt badly.
Anybody has pictures?
Old 12th March 2013, 19:48   #12878
BHPian

Hi,

This accident had happened in last November near Huskur Village - Electronics City, Bangalore. The victim is one of my colleague and he fell unconscious while driving towards a nearby hotel for dinner. He did not wear seat belt but still escaped with minor injuries. Thank God!

Attaching some pictures here:

As you can see, since this have happened during a night time and it was a pure village area with no residents round the corner, by the time we find the accident spot, 3 wheels and Music system were already stolen.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_10_03_00.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_10_03_26.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_10_03_47.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_12_26_23.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_12_26_39.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_12_28_35.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_12_28_41.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2012_11_10_12_29_00.jpg  

Old 12th March 2013, 21:49   #12879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Lothar View Post
Hi,

He did not wear seat belt but still escaped with minor injuries. Thank God!

Attaching some pictures here:
Looking at the state of the sole surviving tyre ,I feel all other were also in nearly the same state of baldness as to me,it looks as if the treads,esp on outer side are gone.It might have contributed to the cause.And not strapping up,he can thank his lucky stars and fate for saving his life.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th March 2013 at 21:52.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:02   #12880

Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) OR EDIT once the post is approved. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
thank God that none of you were injured badly!
BTW, how did this happen? The car seems to have fallen on the left and that too on the ditch on the right of the car. Normally, it should have fallen to the right. Or was it a curve that you failed to notice?
How did the body of the WagonR live up? Did you feel it as clumsy or thinny that might have not been able to protect you?
It was a curve(not a very steep one), we were doing 100 Kmph. The moment we exited the tunnel the car drfited/skidded towards left from rear I controlled the car but after say travelling 5 m in straight line again skidded but now took a full 180 degree spin, then a somersault and then gone to the nallah....
The towing guys swapped one of the rear tire with the front one while towing the car, I suspect that could be the reason of car going bonkers but I don't remember hearing any kind of tyre bursting noise.

The body took everything, but I would also like to point out that the seatbelts saved the front passengers totally.
But waggy is highly unstable car not at all meant for high speed driving.

Helmet was ours, we also had a biker group with us.
@idea The car is 8 months old.

Last edited by Shahnawaz : 12th March 2013 at 22:23.
Shahnawaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 22:36   #12881
BHPian

Quote:
The towing guys swapped one of the rear tire with the front one while towing the car, I suspect that could be the reason of car going bonkers but I don't remember hearing any kind of tyre bursting noise.
were the tyres lacking thread or did you feel loss of traction before? 8 months old tyres loosing traction does not seem good.
How does swapping of tyres by towing guys after the accident affect the car before the accident? Am I missing something here?

Quote:
The body took everything, but I would also like to point out that the seatbelts saved the front passengers totally.
Glad that you guys are safe and yes, seatbelt pays anyday anytime. Always belt-up.

Quote:
But waggy is highly unstable car not at all meant for high speed driving.
+1 to that. I have been owning a waggy since 2 years now and I am not too comfortable doing high speeds on it. Cruising at around 80-100 is what I practice. On ocassions, where there are straight streches, I speed up a bit.

Drive safe.

Last edited by carzone : 12th March 2013 at 22:49.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:47   #12882

He swapped a tire because it had burst, so it was difficult for the guy to tow it.
I mentioned it because I suspect that the tire might had given up during the time of accident and led to the turn of the events.
The car was new so were the tires, the LXi trim comes with skinny tires so might be one of the reason of loosing grip.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:52   #12883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When was this? I had been there some three weeks ago.The Wagon R is brand new.
Hope all is well by the grace of the Almighty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Lothar View Post
Hi,

This accident had happened in last November near Huskur Village - Electronics City, Bangalore. The victim is one of my colleague and he fell unconscious while driving towards a nearby hotel for dinner. He did not wear seat belt but still escaped with minor injuries. Thank God!
The build quality of the Fiesta is solid. The A pillar is quite intact.
Hope all is well with the victims.
Old 12th March 2013, 23:07   #12884

6th of this month.
And I am very sorry to say this but this incident changes my views totally about our Cops, they are the last persons whom you would think of contacting in such situations.
Old 13th March 2013, 12:41   #12885
BHPian

Quote:
Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) OR EDIT once the post is approved. Thanks

It was a curve(not a very steep one), we were doing 100 Kmph. The moment we exited the tunnel the car drfited/skidded towards left from rear I controlled the car but after say travelling 5 m in straight line again skidded but now took a full 180 degree spin, then a somersault and then gone to the nallah....
This specific spot right after the katraj tunnel on the NH4 is an accident prone spot. Many fatal accidents have occurred here. Fortunately the luck was on your side. Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks