Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 12:16   #12946
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Hello Friends,

It could not be worst than this one:

A nine-month pregnant woman was killed when the driver of a school bus lost control of the vehicle and crashed outside her homes in Bhayander west. The accident happened just two days before her scheduled delivery.

Mrs. Manisha Patwardan was due for delivery on Thursday, i.e. today & was carrying a healthy child of 3.5 kgs, both of whom are no more. The bus driver was giving driving lesson to another person, who lost control of the bus & killed Manisha & injured couple of others.

Full story here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19249027.cms

Thanks,

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th March 2013 at 13:05. Reason: spelling
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 12:24   #12947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Friends,
It could not be worst than this one:
I read it this morning. Its so ghastly that I am still not able to recover from the shock.
My wife is expecting too, and I am almost into tears ever since I saw this news this morning. :(

It kills my belief in HIM.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th March 2013 at 13:06. Reason: Spelling in quote
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 21:25   #12948
BHPian

An alto toppled over off kanakpura on the the way to makadatu. 4 guys , around 19 in age were in the car but were surprising unhurt except for a few bruises. They approached a blind curve at insane speeds , lost controlled and toppled.
Accidents seem to be a common thing on this road as as I saw another qualis which also hit 2 bikes and the toppled onto a tree . (was unable to get a pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1600683385.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2047994762.jpg  

Akhilash95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 00:02   #12949
Senior - BHPian

Was on my way to the airport just a while back and I see this truck at a distance gone straight where it should have take a diversion to the left. Looked like half the truck had stormed into the elevated highway construction barrier. When I was passing it I noticed people standing near the front of the truck and arguing; the cops seem to be there too. That's when I noticed a dark BMW X1 standing perpendicular to the truck! The back right side of the X1 had been scraped!

My theory: as the road was converging (due to road work) the X1 moved into the trucks path; a bit too quick and scraped its side. The truck, trying to avoid the X1, ended up going through the construction barrier.
Old 30th March 2013, 12:15   #12950
BHPian

Saw this in FB. Accident in Alleppey- Changanassery route . 4 from same family are dead.

http://www.asianetnews.tv/latest-new...s-in-alappuzha
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-7582_10151799900288368_1535737699_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-522436_10151799901998368_301322558_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-582528_10151799901723368_2076887212_n.jpg  

mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 12:42   #12951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The guy hit the road and died. How can anybody know exactly what he did with the brakes?

Sadly, many bikers never get the chance to learn their mistakes, as the lesson itself is fatal.
Hi,

I can shed some light on this from my experience I think. He must've panic braked and the vehicle would've slipped out from under him and he fell to the side. His head would've borne the impact of his whole body weight on the road. A somewhat similar thing happened to me . Please read more about this in the link given below . I hope it helps more people .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ml#post2873811

Thanks,
Balaji
Old 30th March 2013, 12:55   #12952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Saw this in FB. Accident in Alleppey- Changanassery route . 4 from same family are dead.

Scary images these. Looks like it was a three way accident between the Etios, the Tata Ace and the lorry. The TATA ace does not seem to be badly damaged. Long skid marks appear to originate from the right side of the road towards the extreme right, indicating that it was the Etios drivier who was trying to overtake and probably panicked on seeing a vehicle in his path, hit his brakes hard, locked up his tyres, lost control and probablly crashed into that parked lorry?? The skid marks leads upto the lorry.

Don't know if the right A pillar was cut open post accident. The sheet metal looks like tin can material. I hope Toyota haven't compromised on the structural rigidity of the car in trying to keep its kerb weight down.
Old 30th March 2013, 12:57   #12953
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

Seems like another case of outlawry by morons in tipper lorries on kerala roads.The over-speeding lorry rammed into the car as I read somewhere.
Old 31st March 2013, 21:28   #12954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

Don't know if the right A pillar was cut open post accident. The sheet metal looks like tin can material. I hope Toyota haven't compromised on the structural rigidity of the car in trying to keep its kerb weight down.
Please refer post number 12849 in this thread. Another Toyota Etios met with an accident. Another shocking etios....

I also have a serious doubt whether Toyota has compromised on structural rigidity and safety aspects of the car to keep the costs low.
Old 31st March 2013, 23:31   #12955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Don't know if the right A pillar was cut open post accident.
The report in the local newspaper mentioned that the car had to be cut open to get the occupants out of the car.
Old 1st April 2013, 18:52   #12956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat
Scary images these. Looks like it was a three way accident between the Etios, the Tata Ace and the lorry. The TATA ace does not seem to be badly damaged. Long skid marks appear to originate from the right side of the road towards the extreme right, indicating that it was the Etios drivier who was trying to overtake and probably panicked on seeing a vehicle in his path, hit his brakes hard, locked up his tyres, lost control and probablly crashed into that parked lorry?? The skid marks leads upto the lorry.
The lorry hit the Etios and then the Ace. The Etios was at slow speeds and it was the speeding/overtaking lorry that caused the accident, killing the parents and 2 kids.

It is heart-rending to read the newspapers in Kerala - everyday there is one such accident or the other. On 24th, a Swift from near my wife's place in Kollam went under a tanker carrying LPG cylinders, killing 3 and seriously injuring the 4th occupant. They were going to Cochin to visit an ailing relative (the husband of one of the occupants who died).

A day or so before the Swift accident, a Bolero crashed into a private bus around noon at Kavanad (Kollam, just in front of the police-station), killing both the occupants - an Asst. Collector and his driver. They had left Trissur at 4AM to attend some official meeting at Trivandrum - driver dozed off apparently. The driver of the private-bus noticed the Bolero coming towards him and would have veered away, if not for a lorry parked in front of the police station. The lorry had the previous night run over a pillion rider (bike rider escaped) and was thus parked in front of the police station.

I have been driving on the NH47 stretch between Alappuzha - Kollam for more than 20 years now and you know what, the road width has not increased even by an inch. In the mid-eighties, private cars were rare and the road was more than enough. But today, the road is teeming with private vehicles and there is no space, so everyone wants to overtake the other and it is a recipe for disaster since there are only 2 lanes and the guys coming from other direction are also overtaking impatiently. And the bikers here are anyway asking for trouble. They ride on the centre of the road risking their life/limbs alongside the bigger vehicles.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 1st April 2013 at 18:54.
Old 1st April 2013, 19:28   #12957
Senior - BHPian

Seen this accident today afternoon in front of the Mega more store, ORR, Bangalore.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130401_133003.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130401_143010.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130401_143015.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130401_143020.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130401_143023.jpg

I am wondering what would be the speed of this truck to hit the median, and cross it too.
Old 1st April 2013, 20:54   #12958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Seen this accident today afternoon in front of the Mega more store, ORR, Bangalore.

I am wondering what would be the speed of this truck to hit the median, and cross it too.
Also wondering about the plight of the cars it is carrying inside the container. From the looks of it this is a Gurgaon registered Maruti car carrier. Expect at least 6-10 dented and bruised Maruti cars landing up at some showroom in Bangalore.
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:21   #12959
Senior - BHPian

There was a huge traffic pile up on both sides of the ORR in the morning due to the above accident. On my way back at 1300 hrs a crane had come to pull this container truck out. Probably the heavy rains on Sunday night had a part to play.
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:33   #12960
BHPian

News flash on Aajtak about an accident in Dadar. A bike and a car crashed causing the death of 2 people on the bike. The driver of the car fled the scene.

More info?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks