Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 10:02   #13126
BHPian

3 students of Younous engg college, Kollam was killed in a car - truck collission on March3rd near Chathanur. Those students were driving back to Kollam from Kovalam, after an extended evening stay at Kovalam. One of my friends told me that they were driving at high speed and one of the guys posted a 170kmph pic of speedometer in facebook just before accident happened. Also the highway patrol at Kallambalam noticed this car and passed on the information to Chathanoor police to stop the car, but just before they reach Chathanoor they collided at the rear of a stationary truck, which was stopped by police for inspection, and passed away. A result of reckless highspeed driving!!!

This accident is proof enough that seatbelts save lives. The famous Malayalam actor Jagathy Sreekumar wouldn't have had to endure all that trauma he was/is going through if only he had worn the seat-belt in the Innova in which he was travelling on the fateful day.[/quote]

Also I think his driver survived the accident without any major damage to his body as he was wearing seatbelt.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another
on the same thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st April 2013 at 10:08.
Old 21st April 2013, 12:21   #13127
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This is not a post about an accident but one which could have turned out really ugly. Yesterday I was driving back from Yelahanka with my family in the car. Just after Manyata Tech Park and somewhere before Hennur Road Crossing a man standing on the median suddenly jumped in front of the car forcing me to stop suddenly. Speeds were around 50 kph. Under normal circumstance it could be someone wanting to cross the road, but this was not. The youngster was looking the other way and almost looked like he wanted to cross the other section of traffic. But suddenly he turned, jumped in front of the car and stood in a Arms out legs spread out posture, like the DaVinci man.

This immediately forced me and around 6 cars behind me to stop immediately. It could easily have been a BMTC bus that wont stop so easily and cause a Pileup. He moved off casually after that.

A general caution for all BHPians to be cautious as this could be some trend because of some latest movie or something, and can turn very very ugly if it goes wrong.
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:56   #13128
BHPian

Saw an accident in the VTV campus ,outer ring road Bangalore between an SX4 and a tanker lorry.

Not sure about the details and whose fault it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130422-14.24.35.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130422-14.24.30.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130422-14.24.05.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20130422-14.23.58.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2013, 20:28   #13129
Senior - BHPian

Spotted two accidents today. The first was at Padamugal junction, Kakkanad where a Swift/Dzire had rear-ended a Polo. Both cars looked relatively unscathed.

The second was near Vytilla junction where a black Innova had rear-ended a bus. There was quite some damage to the Innova's front.
Old 23rd April 2013, 01:47   #13130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Saw an accident in the VTV campus ,outer ring road Bangalore between an SX4 and a tanker lorry.

Not sure about the details and whose fault it is.
From the pictures, it appears to be tanker's fault. Who missed to notice the car while taking reverse.

Since the car has reverse sensors, I believe the driver would have noticed tanker and also the impact would not be so much.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 07:34   #13131
Senior - BHPian

found this on FB http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater
foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 09:33   #13132
Senior - BHPian

A private company bus has crashed in Whitefield, on the stretch from Vydehi Hospital to IGate.

After I passed it, I saw the front. There were deep red scratches on the front of the bus, indicating that it had rear-ended a big vehicle. I thought It had rear-ended a BMTC Volvo (which are red in colour), but there was only a goods lorry parked nearby and it showed no signs of being rear-ended.

Luckily, traffic policemen (3 of them) were already in place. One inspector was clicking photographs and the other two were managing the traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-24042013865.jpg  

Old 24th April 2013, 10:08   #13133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the TTK Road - CP Ramaswamy Road one-way flyover. The curve on top of the flyover is devoid of any banking and is hence extremely dangerous. Plus the report says the driver was not wearing the seatbelt.
I am sorry but this flyover is not extremely dangerous or dangerous. If you stick to your speed limits, this 1-way flyover is extremely safe and there is no way you can land in trouble unless you are the trouble maker.

Stick to the basics..Stick to speed limit. Most of the roads are safe if you drive withing the speed limit. And try driving at 40kmph within the city. You will have great control of what harm you can do to yourself.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 10:33   #13134
Senior - BHPian

An Audi Q7 overturned after being hit by a tanker, on NH3. The car was going towards Nashik, the impact was so great that it got shunted across the divided highway, rolled down the embarkment, Mumbai end and turned turtle. It then caught fire and burned down to ashes before the fire brigade could arrive.
Gathered from locals that there were two kids and a driver, all three were pulled out before the fire and were relatively unhurt. The tanker driver escaped from the accident scene.
Old 24th April 2013, 11:10   #13135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Another under aged driver killer. Politician son, driving an SUV.. All the combos remain the same. Aurangabad this time . Tragic video also. .......................
Very sad, horrible to see a man with two small kids standing in the middle of the road and getting knocked down.
But who put them in the middle of the road? The man with the kids and he is very much responsible too because of his irresponsible action of placing the kid there. He needlessly exposed the three to danger. Once one takes this into consideration and punishes such people too, people will be more careful while walking on the side and crossing roads. The driver is ofcourse responsible too, but he shares the resposibility.

Recently Peity Zinta collected evidence of an ambulance knocking down a guy on WE highway. What was the man doing on the highway? He was crossing the HIGHWAY to go to the loo on the other side. He too is responsible, even more than the ambulance driver. The ambulance driver is guilty of fleeing, a lesser crime in my opinion, if he was scared he should have gone to the police station. And have a new experience.

How many times do you see adults walking on the road with children, and the children walking on the outer side closer to passing vehicles. You will be surprised how many do this.

Basic rules need to be followed and infrastructure in place to support follwing of rules.
This is my take on avoidable accidents where victims played a major role themselves.

harit

Last edited by harit : 24th April 2013 at 11:11.
harit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 12:37   #13136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
A private company bus has crashed in Whitefield, on the stretch from Vydehi Hospital to IGate.

After I passed it, I saw the front. There were deep red scratches on the front of the bus, indicating that it had rear-ended a big vehicle. I thought It had rear-ended a BMTC Volvo (which are red in colour), but there was only a goods lorry parked nearby and it showed no signs of being rear-ended.

Luckily, traffic policemen (3 of them) were already in place. One inspector was clicking photographs and the other two were managing the traffic.
This has probably caused a massive jam on the Borewell road and the exit in front of GE office. I spent a good 20mins from the Borewell Road junction till GE Office gate.
I guess, all vehicles were taking a detour via this route instead of taking a turn at Vydehi towards SAP.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-capture.jpg
Old 24th April 2013, 15:57   #13137
BHPian

Fortuner Kills one at Haji Ali signal

Around 230 pm a damaged fortuner was topped by citizens at lotus signal at worli
It has knocked down the boy who sells books at Haji Ali signal and was fleeing away. Heard the boy was dragged for long and dies on the spot.
A gentleman in blue i20 chased him down and got hold of the fortuner thanks to the massive traffic jam due to LBT protests.
Cops were at the scene at the seemed to do jugaad while the above mentioned gentleman was trying to see that they are not saved because the guy killed was a poor chap probably with no family behind to fight for justice

car damage: cracked windscreen, broken bull bar and bumpers and a huge dent on the bonnet.

It was sad to see how the cops were trying to protect the culprit

It was dark grey MH14 registered fortuner and the nice man had a blue i20
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 21:22   #13138
Senior - BHPian

A milk van from Bangalore Diary hit a median on the Bannerghatta Raod, very near to the exit of the Bangalore Diary early morning today. The impact was such the front axel and the fuel tank was ripped apart from the chassis. The position of the van indicated he was driving on the wrong side and was trying to cross over at the time of accident.
Old 26th April 2013, 01:37   #13139
Senior - BHPian

A verna at high speed rams, Stationary truck on NH1, 3 of family dead. Saw this horrific news on TOI today, Here's the online link: http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-...1-1049881.aspx
Old 26th April 2013, 10:31   #13140
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Another piece of sad new from deadly Mumbai - Goa Highway:

A Maruti Swift collided head on with a chemical tanker somewhere near Mangaon in Raigad district. All 5 occupants of the Car have died which include - Driver, four females (including a mother & her two daughters). This accident happened at approx 1:45 pm in afternoon & there was a small diversion near the accident spot due to on-going road widening work. The driver & cleaner of the tanker have fled the accident scene.

Also last week on friday three men from Wadala, Mumbai were killed on the same highway somewhere near Mahad when their Scorpio was hit by a oncoming bus.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19731896.cms

In an another very unfortunate incident three children (all in studying in class I) died due to suffocating inside an parked unlocked car in Bhiwandi area of Thane.
While playing they entered a godown of cars which was close to their residential apartment & got inside a unlocked parked car. Their dead bodies were found approx 13 hours later. The kids were - Rubi Maji (5), her brother Dilip Maji (7) and Raj Soni (6). My heart goes out for parents of these kids who would have never thought in their wildest dreams to see dead bodies of their angels.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19731651.cms

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks