Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2013, 21:25   #13261
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's two bus drivers driving too close to the vehicle in front. Sadly, the usual situation.

Its always a good idea never to drive inbetween two heavy vehicles. Just let them pass. If you do, you would be the 'crumple zone' in a situation like this.
Old 27th May 2013, 20:09   #13262
BHPian

XUV W8 Rear end.

This is a brand new XUV W8 6 months old, who was returning home from a long trip from a holiday, rear ended an container who applied the brakes reasons not known as per locals report.

I don't know how the driver managed to do this feet but the car has declared total loss all the occupants are safe with minor bruises.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-suv-2.jpg  

SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 20:15   #13263
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend I spotted a brand new black Ford Fiesta (new version, not Classic) that had frontal accident damage, parked by the side of the NH47 at Kavanad (Kollam, KL) - just near the police station. It did not even have number plates - was sporting a For Regn sticker. Anyone has any info on the accident ? Not sure if it was posted here.
Old 27th May 2013, 20:33   #13264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
XUV W8 Rear end.

rear ended an container who applied the brakes reasons not known as per locals report.

I don't know how the driver managed to do this feet
Isn't RUPD & FUPD (rear and front underun protection device)mandatory for trucks now? If it had that,methinks the family could have gotten away with a broken grill,headlights and a radiator,with body crumples.Anyway good that they're all ok.
Old 27th May 2013, 23:48   #13265
BHPian

There was a pile up involving atleast 4 cars and a bus at EE highway after kanjur flyover towards Thane. Atleast one of the cars (santro) was total damage.
The whole traffic was going at a snail's pace as everyone wanted to check out the scene closely and draw inferences.
Old 28th May 2013, 07:44   #13266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Isn't RUPD & FUPD (rear and front underun protection device)mandatory for trucks now? If it had that,methinks the family could have gotten away with a broken grill,headlights and a radiator,with body crumples.Anyway good that they're all ok.
Dear Sir,

Do you live in India? Around gurgaon 90% of trucks dont have RUPD, and 99% dont have FUPD!
Old 28th May 2013, 09:26   #13267
BHPian

Has anyone posted about the accident caused due to drunken driving in Chennai Egmore involving a Shaji Purushotham from EMPEE group ? The Merc that Shaji was driving after a booze party ran over some homeless children sleeping on the streets of Egmore. Please see the link below - there has been some twists in the tale.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...?homepage=true

(Ignore if this has been already posted somewhere else in the Forum)
Old 28th May 2013, 09:28   #13268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
XUV W8 Rear end.

This is a brand new XUV W8 6 months old, who was returning home from a long trip from a holiday, rear ended an container who applied the brakes reasons not known as per locals report.

I don't know how the driver managed to do this feet but the car has declared total loss all the occupants are safe with minor bruises.
Pretty strange why the side and curtain airbags present in the W8 did not deploy in such an accident. The roof is caved in as well as the pillars.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:32   #13269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Dear Sir,

Do you live in India? Around gurgaon 90% of trucks dont have RUPD, and 99% dont have FUPD!
Isn't it sad? But atleast gurgaon truckers know that they have to drive on the slow lane unlike their brothers from maharastra and below.I was noticing (i am in a taxi in an industrial part of chennai), that only the newer tricks have those.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:45   #13270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Eeeeeeee !!! Before anyone jumps to conclusion and beat me black and blue, let me say honestly - I don't support tailgating and everyone should maintain 1 or 2 car gap atleast.

I do maintain a good 2 car gap while I am in 5th or 4th gear. However in bumper to bumper traffic crawling at 1st gear, I practically follow the bumper to bumper quote. This to simply avoid people (bikers) to sqeeze and scratch my car all over and then start ranting on me, worse come in front of the car, lose balance, fall and die.
Having couple of bad scratches due to bikers squeezing in, I have started following this approach Soumyajit and it works wonders . Bikers see the minimal gap and with a pity face just stand or move to other side. My car is saved .
Dodge_Viper is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 12:42   #13271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Pretty strange why the side and curtain airbags present in the W8 did not deploy in such an accident. The roof is caved in as well as the pillars.
Maybe the didn't deploy as the electrical connections to them got damaged when the 'A' pillar took the hit. There are a tons of reasons for them not having deployed.

Last edited by vikram_d : 28th May 2013 at 12:47.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 17:27   #13272
Senior - BHPian

Saw an A-Star on the divider on the ORR near the Nagarbhavi crossing. There is a sharp curve just before the the overbridge where I have seen many people correct their steering. The accident took place just before the overbridge. The car had run over the divider and dashed against an electric pole. The front end including the side panels had caved in by the force of the hit. The passenger cabin was intact with no damage, even the front windshield did not break on the impact. The police were already on the scene and were busy directing the traffic and asking no one to stop/ slow.
Old 29th May 2013, 07:55   #13273
Distinguished - BHPian

Just 5 minutes ago saw this on NICE road between kanakapura road and bhannerughatta road
A white ertiga zdi looked to have hit a truck or something and the driver side has taken a bad hit.
The airbags were deployed. The driver had been taken out so don't know what injuries he has sustained
There we're a lot of debris lying around for 50mtrs or so which looked like bumper pieces and torn tyres

Name:  ForumRunner_20130529_080325.png
Views: 4489
Size:  534.2 KB
Old 29th May 2013, 09:07   #13274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Just 5 minutes ago saw this on NICE road between kanakapura road and bhannerughatta road
Attachment 1089497
With many accidents happening in NICE Road, why are they not deploying speed guns to catch over speeding vehicles? These days I am also seeing cars coming in wrong directions at good speeds, especially people who miss their exits. Also, truck drivers should me fined if they are on the right lane.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:40   #13275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzone799;
Has anyone posted about the accident caused due to drunken driving in Chennai Egmore involving a Shaji Purushotham from EMPEE group ? The Merc that Shaji was driving after a booze party ran over some homeless children sleeping on the streets of Egmore. Please see the link below - there has been some twists in the tale.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...?homepage=true
Strangely it did not make it to the forum. Anyway Shaji is absconding and it seems one of the kids died in the hospital.

BTW, isn't the airbag supposed to deflate after deployment ? In the case of the Merc in above incident, looks like it remained inflated, as mentioned by a witness :
“I tried to pull the driver out of the vehicle, but the inflated air bag made it difficult for me to do so. We had to deflate it before pulling the driver out."

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 29th May 2013 at 09:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks