Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2013, 23:04   #13336
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

This happened this evening in Mangalore. Unfortunately the guy riding didn't survive. :( RIP bugger! You will be missed!!
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-king.jpg

EDIT: Heres a news article on the same!
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176268

Last edited by james : 9th June 2013 at 23:05.
Old 10th June 2013, 00:14   #13337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This happened this evening in Mangalore. Unfortunately the guy riding didn't survive.]
Was he wearing a helmet? From what I read in the comments, the rider flew and landed on the pavement. I think he could have been saved if a proper protective helmet was used. Given the achivement of the person, its really sad to hear such a thing happened to him. RIP.
Old 10th June 2013, 00:34   #13338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Was he wearing a helmet? From what I read in the comments, the rider flew and landed on the pavement. I think he could have been saved if a proper protective helmet was used. Given the achivement of the person, its really sad to hear such a thing happened to him. RIP.
I can see ls2 in the pic, so probably he was wearing.
Old 10th June 2013, 01:56   #13339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
I can see ls2 in the pic, so probably he was wearing.
Yes the helmet's behind the front wheel but it is very unlikely for it to land there if the rider was wearing it when the accident occurred.
I suspect it must have been resting on the handle bar or must have been held through the rider's fore-arm.

Always sad to hear anyone's demise caused by a road accident.

-Bhargav
Old 10th June 2013, 09:54   #13340
BHPian

From witness accounts, he was riding fast and got spooked by a car that came onto the road from a bylane and suddenly stopped. He tried braking, lost the front end and fell off. He flew across the road and got lodged in the front of the indica while the bike went straight into the divider and broke.

I believe he was wearing that helmet. The bike was moved closer to the divider and the helmet was chucked there as well.

EDIT: Witness= my friend and her husband who were in the car right behind the bike when this happened.
james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 11:19   #13341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
ii) if the truck itself was moving on the wrong side to get to the nearest U turn so that it can join the opposite lane. Whatever it is, the bus driver and a passenger lost their lives for no fault of theirs (most probably).
The section is 4 laned till Bellur cross. Further to that all the way till Hassan 4 lane work is in progress but most of the places its completely done.

Now, there are a few sections where there is no signage to divert traffic to the opposite lane and it so happens that you will spot traffic flowing in both directions on both the corridors (specially after Haveri till Channarayapatna). This is perhaps the biggest reason as for now for head-on collisions on this stretch.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:57   #13342
BHPian

Quote:
This happened this evening in Mangalore. Unfortunately the guy riding didn't survive. :( RIP bugger! You will be missed!!
Attachment 1094545
Not able to make out which bike is it. Any clues ??

RIP the soul.

EDIT : Just got to know that its a Suzuki B-King. As reported in the link.

Last edited by PapaBravo : 10th June 2013 at 11:59. Reason: Mentioned
Old 10th June 2013, 12:00   #13343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Yes the helmet's behind the front wheel but it is very unlikely for it to land there if the rider was wearing it when the accident occurred.
I suspect it must have been resting on the handle bar or must have been held through the rider's fore-arm.

Always sad to hear anyone's demise caused by a road accident.

-Bhargav
More likely it has been placed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Not able to make out which bike is it. Any clues ??

RIP the soul.

EDIT : Just got to know that its a Suzuki B-King. As reported in the link.
B-king, wasnt it?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:10   #13344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Same here. If the person was wearing the helmet, it would have been damaged as well. But the helmet looks clean. Moreover, how good are these cap kinda helmets when it comes to protecting the user? Full face helmets are far better I feel. At least the rider could be void of head injuries of any sort and he could have lived.
Old 10th June 2013, 15:12   #13345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1094545

EDIT: Heres a news article on the same!
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176268
As per today's Udayavani, he had already sold this bike, but he wanted one last ride on it. Unfortunately for him, this turned out to be his last ride. RIP.

One youngster behind the wheel of an Etios Liva lost his life:
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176240

Last edited by skanchan95 : 10th June 2013 at 15:14.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:19   #13346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If the person was wearing the helmet, it would have been damaged as well. But the helmet looks clean.
Look closely! the jaw portion of the helmet has cracked along with the visor. Again, i repeat, he WAS wearing the helmet when he went down!

The cap helmets are utter rubbish when it comes to protection. That helmet landed there and we do not know whose it is!

Cheers!
Old 10th June 2013, 16:39   #13347
Distinguished - BHPian

I didn't notice the LS2 hidden behind the forks. Hence I thought he was using the cap type helmet. Still a bad thing to happen to a 28 year old.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:53   #13348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
As per today's Udayavani, he had already sold this bike, but he wanted one last ride on it. Unfortunately for him, this turned out to be his last ride. RIP.

One youngster behind the wheel of an Etios Liva lost his life:
http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=176240
In both the cases it looks like the speeds were crazy. Look at the damage to the car front in the first case. I bet the speeds were in excess of atleast 100kmph. When would people learn to respect their life and other lives on the road?

It not that I have not had an accident, but what it taught you was to always no matter what the state of the road, the traffic, the policing - always drive safe. It not only your life at stake, their are innocent people on the raod and no one has even an iota of the right to take their lives in his hand.

You want to drive like crazy, go find yourself a race track.

May their souls rest in peace. Such promising lives lost.
Old 11th June 2013, 08:32   #13349
NIP
Senior - BHPian

I was driving back from Coorg last evening and there was a terrible accident on Mysore road between Ramnagara and Bidadi. A bus was halfway in the fields and half on the road and it had hit another vehicle which was mangled beyond recognition. Maybe a TT. I have a feeling the bus jumped the divider and hit the vehicle on the other side. The place was packed with cops and bystanders. Any news on this one?
Old 11th June 2013, 08:38   #13350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
In both the cases it looks like the speeds were crazy. Look at the damage to the car front in the first case. I bet the speeds were in excess of atleast 100kmph. When would people learn to respect their life and other lives on the road?

It not that I have not had an accident, but what it taught you was to always no matter what the state of the road, the traffic, the policing - always drive safe. It not only your life at stake, their are innocent people on the raod and no one has even an iota of the right to take their lives in his hand.

You want to drive like crazy, go find yourself a race track.

May their souls rest in peace. Such promising lives lost.
Are you a psychic or did you just make all of that up?

The indica was also at fault as per an eyewitness accounted posted above yours. Please don't speculate over the internet.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed