Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 22:38   #13441
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Drunk man on a pulsar crossed the four lane main road I was driving my Santro on from a small 'galli' almost invisible from the main road.
I was doing 50-60kmph but he was menacingly fast.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120813_210632.jpg

He was unconscious after the accident and me along with some pedestrians rushed him to nearby hospital in my damaged Santro.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20120812_222926.jpg
The santro in front of the hospital

The accident occurred at 11pm. He sustained head injuries but is out of danger.
sharc_biker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 00:00   #13442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
Drunk man on a pulsar crossed the four lane main road I was driving my Santro on from a small 'galli' almost invisible from the main road.I was doing 50-60kmph but he was menacingly fast.
He was unconscious after the accident and me along with some pedestrians rushed him to nearby hospital in my damaged Santro.
The santro in front of the hospital
That looks like a nasty damage to the car. The bumper, windshield and Headlights have to be replaced.
Hope you get them fixed with the help of insurance.

Getting that fool admitted to the hospital is commendable. Shows the character of a true road user. Good job mate.

I won't waste my time on commenting about a drunk man on a bike in the middle of the night.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:37   #13443
Senior - BHPian

Sharc,

Be happy he's not dead - its all for your presence of mind. He clearly tried hard enough but you wouldn't let him.

Stuff like this is fine - shit happens. Could've been MUCH worse.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:38   #13444
BHPian

Quote:
Drunk man on a pulsar ...
He was unconscious after the accident and me along with some pedestrians rushed him to nearby hospital in my damaged ....

Sharc,hope you get time to read this.
1.Did you inform the traffic police?
2.Has the biker been tested for blood alcohol level? (very imp,incase the biker turns the tables and tries to make it your fault)
3.Any witness to the incident?
4.pls inform insurance ppl over mail about incident,just time and place is enough.
5.Do you have reg no of the bike and pics of its condition after the incident?
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:13   #13445
BHPian

The most shocking part was when the biker's father who turned out to be an RPF constable did a police salute and plainly told the Inspector in-charge of the station that i was driving rash and hit his son injuring him badly and asked him to help claim compensation from me!

The seemingly honest Inspector then took note that the biker was drunk and scolded his father saying that it was his duty to not let him drive when drunk and he cannot claim anything from me as drinking and driving was a big offence and root cause for the accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Sharc,hope you get time to read this.
1.Did you inform the traffic police?
2.Has the biker been tested for blood alcohol level? (very imp,incase the biker turns the tables and tries to make it your fault)
3.Any witness to the incident?
4.pls inform insurance ppl over mail about incident,just time and place is enough.
5.Do you have reg no of the bike and pics of its condition after the incident?
The accident happened 3days back.
I summoned the police to the hospital immediately and he got the test report and had to bribe him 500rupees just to take the report and file it!

Two or three other friends of the biker witnessed the accident. They were drunk too. Its evident that those men had a 'booze party' and were going home.
The bike was taken away to the police station along with my car so could not get the pics.

Got my car released from the police station the very next day and is now being repaired. My car even had a slight chassis damage

I heard that his bike's chassis was changed due to damage.
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:21   #13446
BHPian

Quote:
The most shocking part was when the biker's father who turned out to be an RPF constable did a police salute and plainly told the Inspector in-charge of the station that i was driving rash and hit his son injuring him badly and asked him to help claim compensation from me!

The seemingly honest Inspector then took note that the biker was drunk and scolded his father saying that it was his duty to not let him drive when drunk and he cannot claim anything from me as drinking and driving was a big offence and root cause for the accident.

The accident happened 3days back.
I summoned the police to the hospital immediately and he got the test report and had to bribe him 500rupees just to take the report and file it!

Two or three other friends of the biker witnessed the accident. They were drunk too. Its evident that those men had a 'booze party' and were going home.
The bike was taken away to the police station along with my car so could not get the pics.

Got my car released from the police station the very next day and is now being repaired. My car even had a slight chassis damage

I heard that his bike's chassis was changed due to damage.
Now the bold part makes your case a little more of a close shave.
It is just your good fortune that the other cop happened to be a honest one.
Usually they tend to look out for each other.
Nonetheless the cuplrit's dad still has access to the case papers et al.
I would advise you to acquire / keep a copy all the related documents and follow up on the regular basis at station.
There are chances of mysterious disappearances of test reports or a modified document.

Hope your car gets back into shape soon.
All the best.
dzrebellz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 16:23   #13447
BHPian

Another Hit n Run case. Can't really make out the model of the car. RIP the poor soul.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=466097503474366
Old 23rd June 2013, 16:33   #13448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Another Hit n Run case. Can't really make out the model of the car. RIP the poor soul.

Yes, saw this just a while ago, while browsing FB. I had a doubt. The accident victim isn't the same person who was trying to cross the junction on his bike ? This victim seems to have been on the fast lane.

From the video, I can infer two things:
- The victim was in the right most lane to take a turn at the junction. Or he might have cut through from the left lane towards the junction to take a turn. Quite common with Bangalore 2 wheelers. That Bommanahalli junction is utter chaos during day, so it doesn't surprise me that some smart soul was trying to act smart at 4:30 am, expecting less traffic. But the car driver was at a much more fault, for not slowing down at a signal, irrespective of the time of the day. He should have atleast removed his foot off the gas, if not braked. I never saw a brake light glow.

- That car to my eyes looks like either a New gen Dzire or a Manza. The boot looks small. I think it would be very difficult to trace the vehicle. Hope police get through some clues.

In any case, the car driver if caught, would face severe consequences, irrespective of the fact whether he or the victim was at fault. Reason being - he fled from the scene. But again, did he have a choice, in India ?

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 23rd June 2013 at 16:36.
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:16   #13449
BHPian

Quote:

Ghastly accident.

What is the use of these low resolution traffic cameras if they can't even make out the model of the car? Let alone the registration number and the facial recognition.

And yes, it seems that the man involved in the accident is not the motorist who crossed the road.

I'd say it would be impossible to trace down the car. The man who was hit was probably a pedestrian crossing the road as the car doesn't seem to have much frontal damage as you can see that even the headlights are functioning after hitting him.

The car can be an NHC judging by the tail light shape or the fiesta classic, manza or dzire.
Did the victim survive?
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:20   #13450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

At 0:16 in to the video you'll notice the HMSL (High Mounted Stop Light) come on. Honda City, Chevy Sail, Indigo CS etc don't fit this description coz they don't have HMSL. The vehicle that matches the description is Tata Manza.

If you notice, the tail lamp cluster is close to the C-pillar which makes the rear side look compact. Check the rear pictures of a Tata Manza and you'll notice that the tail lamp cluster is close to the C-pillar; similar to the car in the video. Also, this is most probably a white or silver Manza.
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:48   #13451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
At 0:16 in to the video you'll notice the HMSL (High Mounted Stop Light) come on. Honda City, Chevy Sail, Indigo CS etc don't fit this description coz they don't have HMSL. The vehicle that matches the description is Tata Manza.

If you notice, the tail lamp cluster is close to the C-pillar which makes the rear side look compact. Check the rear pictures of a Tata Manza and you'll notice that the tail lamp cluster is close to the C-pillar; similar to the car in the video. Also, this is most probably a white or silver Manza.
Good observation regarding the stop light. But its not a Manza. Take a look at the rear bumper, at 17secs. You can see a very pronouced lip to it. Also look at the way the bumper and tail lights meet. It's not a Manza. I think it may be a Chevrolet Aveo.
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:56   #13452
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
At 0:16 in to the video you'll notice the HMSL (High Mounted Stop Light). The vehicle that matches the description is Tata Manza.

Yes, the car does look like Manza.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acccident.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2013, 22:35   #13453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post

Good observation regarding the stop light. But its not a Manza. Take a look at the rear bumper, at 17secs. You can see a very pronouced lip to it. Also look at the way the bumper and tail lights meet. It's not a Manza. I think it may be a Chevrolet Aveo.
IIRC, Chevy AVEO does not have a HMSL; the U-VA does, but this is clearly not a U-VA. Also, the AVEO does not have such a big rear windshield
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:00   #13454
BHPian

It seems an sx4 to me looking at the high boot.
Old 23rd June 2013, 23:31   #13455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, Chevy AVEO does not have a HMSL; the U-VA does, but this is clearly not a U-VA. Also, the AVEO does not have such a big rear windshield
Or a Fiesta Classic? It has both HMSL and the boot lip.

EDIT: it may be a Chevy Sail sedan as well.

Last edited by ramzsys : 23rd June 2013 at 23:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks