Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2013, 00:00   #13456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Or a Fiesta Classic? It has both HMSL and the boot lip.

EDIT: it may be a Chevy Sail sedan as well.
Yes, it could be a Fiesta too; it has the HMSL and the boot lip. I was behind a silver one just a while back and noticed that the tail lamps are not close to the C-pillar as in the Manza. Or it could be because of the fuzzy video that the tail lamps look closer to the C-pillar. Confusing the identification is

Definitely not an SX4, which doesn't have the HMSL.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2364749941.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 24th June 2013 at 00:01.
Old 24th June 2013, 00:52   #13457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Yes, it could be a Fiesta too;
It is the Fiesta Classic!
Look at the shape of the rear bumper! If you see the 2nd pic clearly, you will find a buldge in the bumper where it meets the tail lamps, no other car in this segment has such a big buldge! Also, the info given on that page says that it's BLUE in color! Only the fiesta 1.6S came in electric blue! But, i cant find the spoiler!
The car looks like a silver one to me. So, this has to be a fiesta!

Here's a pic to prove that it's a Fiesta!

Name:  ForumRunner_20130624_005145.png
Views: 4112
Size:  253.1 KB
Notice the Buldge , pronounced lip and HMSL on this Classic?

Last edited by saadat1992 : 24th June 2013 at 01:04.
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 01:02   #13458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post

Look at the shape of the rear bumper! If you see the 2nd pic clearly, you will find a buldge in the bumper where it meets the tail lamps, no other car in this segment has such a big buldge! Also, the info given on that page says that it's BLUE in color! Only the fiesta 1.6S came in electric blue!
So, this has to be a fiesta 1.6S!

Here's a pic to prove that it's a Fiesta!

Notice the Buldge , pronounced lip and HMSL on this Classic?
Agreed that's a Fiesta, but the car in the video isn't by a long shot blue in colour
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 01:04   #13459
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
The car could be Fiesta Classic. But I don't think its Blue in color. Probably people mistook it for Blue headlamps?
Old 24th June 2013, 01:14   #13460
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the purpose of this camera? I think we are supposed to look for the number of the car but instead we have to do lot of analysis to find the model of the car.

Even some time back there was a hit an run case on this stretch and I don't think they were able to trace that car. BTP should look to upgrade these cameras and make use of it in these kind if scenarios.

Last edited by arun_josie : 24th June 2013 at 01:16.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 01:19   #13461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

The car could be Fiesta Classic. But I don't think its Blue in color. Probably people mistook it for Blue headlamps?
Good observation. I think those are HIDs. Rules out the possibility that it could be a yellow board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
What is the purpose of this camera? I think we are supposed to look for the number of the car but instead we have to do lot of analysis to find the model of the car.

Even some time back there was a hit an run case on this stretch and I don't think they were able to track that car. BTP should look to upgrade these cameras and make use of it in these kind if scenarios.
Arun - it is indeed frustrating that the car can't be traced since the footage is not clear. BTP isn't even sure what type of car it is, hence the attempt to identify the car. Might help the cops narrow down the search
Old 24th June 2013, 01:56   #13462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Yes, the car does look like Manza.
Is it HMSL? It looks more like some sort of reflection. In below pic, it is not in the center.
Attached Images

Old 24th June 2013, 02:00   #13463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Is it HMSL? It looks more like some sort of reflection. In below pic, it is not in the center.
In the your pic, it is certainly reflection. Here, he has not applied brakes.

Look at the image I posted where the brakes are applied.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3157697
Old 24th June 2013, 10:14   #13464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my feeling :(

I was always under impression that videos posted on FB page by BTP are low resolution made for educational purpose to create awareness. But the message under this video post is clearly a request to people to come forward and identify. That means, they are unable to find make/ model or license plate details form this video.

OT but - i think in real time when a human being is watching the cameras, he/ she can pan/ zoom and can recognize the details. But when at such wee hours when probably there aren't many officers in Ashok Nagar control room watching this camera, it has been set to definite angle and zoom. So in my opinion, its sheer bad luck of the victim that neither the onlookers nor the police are able to find people involved in this accident. Obviously, BTP needs more effort to install more sophisticated cameras that detect such scenarios intelligently but then thats theory, practically it would be challenging even for a software to do this in split seconds. Alternate solution - more cameras for more angles.
Old 24th June 2013, 12:22   #13465
BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Found this on the net, seems to have happened last night :-

Grusome accident in Hydrabad - Link - http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ap-man-bu...06-62-127.html

"HYDERABAD: A 25-year-old businessman from Chennai was burnt alive and two of his friends were injured when a BMW car that they were travelling in fell off the Outer Ring Road ramp at Pedda Amberpet in Hyderabad and caught fire on Sunday afternoon.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw_burn_2013_hydbd.jpg

The victim was identified as Manoj, 25, from Chennai, while his friends Vasu and Ravi are from Hyderabad. The car that they were travelling in (TN 02 AL 2628) fell off the ramp at 1.30pm, when they were heading to Vijayawada.

Manoj went to Hyderabad a week ago to invest in a hotel and he had temporarily moved into a flat in the city.

Vasu, a software engineer in Madhapur, was driving the car from Gachibowli to Pedda Amberpet and lost control while negotiating a curve on the ORR ramp right before the tollgate at Pedda Amberpet. The vehicle toppled on the roadside after crashing through a safety railing.

Due to the high-speed collision, the rear portion of the car caught fire and the occupants cried out for help. Tollgate staff and locals rushed to the spot and managed to pull out Ravi and Vasu from the vehicle. "Manoj was stuck between the car and a portion of the railing which pierced through the car. By the time people could reach Manoj, flames had engulfed him and he was dead," police said.

The injured were rushed to a hospital and police said they were out of danger.

"We are yet to ascertain if Vasu was driving under the influence of alcohol. A blood sample has been collected to check the blood alcohol level and a case was registered under section 304-A (causing death by rash or negligent act) and 337 (causing hurt by an act which endangers human life) of the IPC against him," police said."

Last edited by funkydevil : 24th June 2013 at 12:34.
Old 24th June 2013, 12:45   #13466
BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Is that a 5 series or a 3 series? Terrible news. Condolences.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:33   #13467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Even some time back there was a hit an run case on this stretch and I don't think they were able to trace that car. BTP should look to upgrade these cameras and make use of it in these kind if scenarios.
I completely agree with you. Doing something , for the sake of doing it, in this case, installing cameras which don't have decent night vision reading abilities! Its completely useless to even turn on these cameras at night knowing very well that they cant capture the picture in a legible way! I am sure those who brought these cameras under B-Trac scheme would not even have bothered about night vision recording capacity and all.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:36   #13468
Senior - BHPian

I think its a Fiesta. Reasons

1) The car does not look like its boot has a lot of ground clearance as the SX4. So SX4 can be ruled out.

2) The car does not have the length of the Manza. Look at the profile from the side.

It positively looks like a Fiesta, could be the Amaze even.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:55   #13469
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Considering the high mounted brake light on the rear windshield, I doubt it's the Fiesta as Fiesta have brake light on the top of the windshield and SX4 has the light on the bottom!

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 24th June 2013 at 13:58.
Old 24th June 2013, 13:59   #13470
BHPian

OT:
We BHPians should probably help the cops in hit and run cases by identifying the vehicles by using even the smallest clues!

Most Viewed