Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 13:08   #13756
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Well, the damage looks minimal, atleast from the images.
A really bad timing for BHPians. Arun, Me, PapaBravo and now You !!
Add one more to it: ME! You can see that here:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...cident-19.html
Old 6th August 2013, 21:11   #13757
BHPian

Re: Kalgi’s son gets drunk, rams car into metal pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Kalgi’s son gets drunk, rams car into metal pole
Here are the pictures of the same. The crash is very nasty. When will we have tough laws to deal with such morons???

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-verna_1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-verna_2.jpg
Old 6th August 2013, 22:21   #13758
Distinguished - BHPian

However much car bodies are improved, poles and trees seem to be able to do a huge amount of damage, even including killing occupants.
Old 6th August 2013, 22:32   #13759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
poles and trees seem to be able to do a huge amount of damage
@Thad....the poles and trees were stationary all the time all year around. The homo sapien that decided to take matter into its own hand and drive like neanderthal should be blamed here and not the trees or poles for causing the damage.

Intent is that the cars were built to protect to an extend only. when the driver decides to test poles strength through his stupidity please leave the poles alone
VW2010 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 23:56   #13760
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely noting against pole, or trees, and will, I hope, be leaving them alone.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:18   #13761
BHPian

Our Nursing School bus met with a minor accident.
Two drunk morons banged their moped into our bus. Both suffered from broken femur bones. The bikers were so drunk that they couldn't even give their residence address to the cops.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2013080500252.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2013080500249.jpg  

Old 7th August 2013, 17:11   #13762
BHPian

Re: Kalgi’s son gets drunk, rams car into metal pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Kalgi’s son gets drunk, rams car into metal pole

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Ahmedabad: 21-year-old Daksh lost control over his car and hit a power pole and then a signboard near Shivranjani Crossroads early on Sunday morning. Police identified Daksh as the son of Gujarat’s betting kingpin, Dinesh Kalgi. Cops have booked Daksh for drunken driving and damaging public property.

According to police, Daksh Thakkar, a second-year commerce student at a city college and resident of Paldi, was returning home from SG Road at 3 am. While crossing Maruti Complex near Shivranjani Crossroads, he lost control over his vehicle and hit an electricity pole on the footpath. In an attempt to get away from the spot, Daksh tried to take a sharp turn but the car turned turtle. The vehicle dragged on the road for 15 feet, damaging a signboard on the way.

“A team of Home Guard jawans deployed near the crossroads had seen the car coming at great speed and were about to start on a chase when they heard the crash. One of the jawans checked on Daksh who had received a few bruises. He was reeking of alcohol and was apparently sloshed. He was brought out of the upturned car and was taken to a nearby clinic for treatment before being arrested,” said a police official.

Police said Daksh had not been found involved in any other criminal activity so far. Dinesh Thakkar, alias Kalgi, was detained a number of times recently for his stake in Sudama Resorts and in several smaller clubs known to be gambling dens and part of betting networks.

Attachment 1121789

Source : http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML

In Ahmedabad Mirror too

Daksh was driving a black Maruti Verna.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML
He should also be booked for buying alcohol in black. How was he drunked driving in a dry state?
Old 8th August 2013, 04:28   #13763
BHPian

Around 120AM this morning a white MINI Cooper open top rammed into the median at the junction of Greams Road and Greams Lane near Apollo Hospitals Chennai. The MINI was not having registration plates. As seen in the pics the right front side was damaged fully. The Head Light broken, alloy wheel was jutting out of the right front tyre. It seem to me a major repair job. The occupants were fine and escaped unhurt thankfully. A joy ride gone wrong!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1192078041.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2117778180.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2315667028.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image2902142956.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image3967960655.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image3341120760.jpg  

Old 8th August 2013, 10:15   #13764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Around 120AM this morning a white MINI Cooper open top rammed into the median at the junction of Greams Road and Greams Lane near Apollo Hospitals Chennai. The MINI was not having registration plates. As seen in the pics the right front side was damaged fully. The Head Light broken, alloy wheel was jutting out of the right front tyre. It seem to me a major repair job. The occupants were fine and escaped unhurt thankfully. A joy ride gone wrong!

what the Facebook is wrong with people! on one hand, people admire these beautiful cars and hope to own one in the future and on the other we've morons like these who just love to wreck them for no obvious reason!!
Old 8th August 2013, 10:37   #13765
Senior - BHPian

Its like a smart phone. It doesnt matter how smart the phone is if the user is dumb. What a beautiful car and my current crush as well.

Case of either drunken drive or inability to understand basic physics. To every action there is twice the reaction when you are inside a car
Old 8th August 2013, 14:51   #13766
BHPian

Quote:

On the other hand, I haven't got a chance to get my bumper dent removed yet. I tried to push the fiber from inside the bumper, but its too hard. Have spoken to a FNG (200mts from my house). Will take the car to him sometime and get it fixed.

I had a similar bump on a santro rear bumper, was much worse than yours, my mech removed the bumper, poured hot water ( not the painted outer surface but from behind) and then pushed it to place. The was no damage to paint ( mettalic grey). Using a hammer or even a mallet will break the paint into chips. It has worked for me, you can try it as a last resort.
Old 8th August 2013, 14:58   #13767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whilst the discussion of rear-ending continues, I got rear ended today. No points for guessing, by a biker who was tailing me super closely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
I had a similar bump on a santro rear bumper, was much worse than yours, my mech removed the bumper, poured hot water ( not the painted outer surface but from behind) and then pushed it to place. The was no damage to paint ( mettalic grey). Using a hammer or even a mallet will break the paint into chips. It has worked for me, you can try it as a last resort.
So finally I got that dent removed from Trend Automobiles, B'lore.
HERE are the details.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 15:48   #13768
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video.

A real eye opener in terms of g-forces in action under impact.

http://in.screen.yahoo.com/truck-rea...024404637.html
Old 8th August 2013, 19:50   #13769
Senior - BHPian

One of the best messages I've seen!!
Source: Tuner's Edge FB Page.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130808_194857.png
Views: 4710
Size:  313.8 KB
Soumyajit9 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 23:00   #13770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post

I had a nasty dent on the bumper of my NHC removed in a similar way. The mechanic just searched around for a candle, lit it and heated the inside of the bumper. In about 5 mins and 100 bucks i had saved a few thousand bucks that the H.A.S.S had quoted!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks