Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 17:17   #13936
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
If I am NOT wrong HDFC and ICICI do offer insurance which covers natural clamaties.
HDFC ERGO does i think, but cant really say if the owners had got their cars insured from them.

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 17:17   #13937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That is a bigger shock. So even if the owner has taken a comprehensive insurance and paid all his premiums, still he will not get a penny for this damage? By the way, is it a natural calamity? I think not. It is just a wall that collapsed. Natural calamities would be more like earthquakes, Tsunami, etc. What if the wall had not collapsed due to rain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear saket, Indeed its a real shock and harsh irony. See, occurance of rain is a natural phenomena and no insurance provider covers the commodities for it as its unpredictable.

AD
http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...insurance.html

http://www.hdfcergo.com/motor-insura...insurance.html

Does this incident qualify as accident by external means?
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 17:23   #13938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
By the look of it , only this one can be salvaged
I think that the body shell/ monocoque is damaged quite a bit. Surely it can be 'salvaged' (the only one in the lot) but then it be not stable. The drive will be shaky. Also, more detailed analysis on it can only be done after a physical inspection as it might be that the lower chassis (floor) par may have also got disfigured, which gets hidden by the damaged doors in the picture.
Old 6th September 2013, 17:25   #13939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Yes Indeed its the same place, its near marthahalli
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 17:31   #13940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think that the body shell/ monocoque is damaged quite a bit. Surely it can be 'salvaged' (the only one in the lot) but then it be not stable. The drive will be shaky. Also, more detailed analysis on it can only be done after a physical inspection as it might be that the lower chassis (floor) par may have also got disfigured, which gets hidden by the damaged doors in the picture.
Saket, i think the Silver Ritz, the second one with intact rear can be salvaged but what i am not able to understand is that how can 1 wall claim 8 vehicles? As @Rishi Sinha pointed it seems more than just a single compound wall.

AD
Old 6th September 2013, 17:38   #13941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Saket, i think the Silver Ritz, the second one with intact rear can be salvaged but what i am not able to understand is that how can 1 wall claim 8 vehicles? As @Rishi Sinha pointed it seems more than just a single compound wall.

AD
I think its more than just a compound wall. Looks like a structure/ small building kind of thing has collapsed, or a part of structure has fallen off from quite some height.

Edit: I just saw the link posted above by msdivy and now its clear. Puts all speculations to rest.

Last edited by saket77 : 6th September 2013 at 18:01. Reason: Edit part.
Old 6th September 2013, 19:25   #13942
BHPian

A bus accident about 6 km from my place. I went to visit the spot of accident and it was a sad scene. 9 school girls returning from exam were killed. The driver apparently was very young (locals knew him), and was very known to be rash.

Malayalam news channels are now saying the reason he lost control was that one tyre blew/flat, then hit the tree.

The buses are really rash in these area, especially private ones. Day before yesterday I had an argument with a private bus because he came the wrong way blocking everybody. But arguing with them is useless.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle5100854.ece
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130906_180913.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130906_180834.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130906_181000.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20130906_181022.jpg  

iWonder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 19:51   #13943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder View Post
The driver apparently was very young (locals knew him), and was very known to be rash.
The buses are really rash in these area, especially private ones. D
Private buses in Malappuram-Kozhikode-Kannur region just refuse to learn! Its just been a week since 8 innocent souls were 'massacred' by the most notorious bus in Tirur, locals had even set the bus on fire in anger. I feel it would not be too long when the people everywhere take the law in their own hands and teach these killers a lesson. I have already seen a few boards erected by the locals between Kannur and Taliparamba, warning overspeeding drivers !
Old 6th September 2013, 20:09   #13944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
locals had even set the bus on fire in anger. I feel it would not be too long when the people everywhere take the law in their own hands and teach these killers a lesson. I have already seen a few boards erected by the locals between Kannur and Taliparamba, warning overspeeding drivers !
I think the people should provide a strong wake-up call to the transport authorities and the accused driver's/transporters should penalized and all their licenses and permits should be cancelled ASAP. Otherwise when a common man teaches a lesson to the errant driver it surely at times proves very harsh and rough!!

AD
Old 6th September 2013, 22:23   #13945
BHPian

The authorities in Kerala are only interested in fining cars with sun films and those that break the silly 70 kmph speed limit while killer tipper lorries and private buses intimidate everyone else on the road, race each other, honk illegal horns, have no "speed governors" (which incidentally were made mandatory by a court ruling, just like Sun films were outlawed) and move at speeds in excess of 90 kmph (the legal limit is 60). The reason is that most of these are owned by kin of politicians. And the rest pay sumptuous bribes. Heavy vehicles are responsible for over 80% of road deaths in Kerala.
one-77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 22:46   #13946
Senior - BHPian

Nothing will change till the time other road users or passengers start taking their lives seriously. How many of us reprimand a driver of the vehicle we are in for driving rash ? There is no point in blaming the driver or the traffic dept. later on
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 22:54   #13947
Senior - BHPian

@speedsatya, i too think it calls for swift and instant action and not a good to just keep beating around the bush. Afterall it's a stake of life so the sooner people can realise it the better.

AD
Old 7th September 2013, 09:53   #13948
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the Perinthalmanna bus accident which killed 13 people.
Just have a look at the condition of the rear tyres!
Wet roads+tread-less tyre+ steep descent+high speed= Perfect recipe for disaster!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pmna1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pmna2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-pmna3.jpg

Image courtesy: Deccan Chronicle, The Hindu and Mathrubhumi daily
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 10:10   #13949
Distinguished - BHPian

There are hardly any tread left on the tyres of the bus!

Many people dont realize the perils of driving with a bald / worn out tyre. Especially the taxi segment! They push the tyres to the limits before changing them. In bangalore many of the company indica/sumo cabs use tyres in such pathetic states , the lives of the employees who travel in it is at a great risk! The only exception to this rule are the Cisco Innova cabs that are well maintained and have good tyres!
I think the companies who hire the cabs should put some basic safety guidelines for all the vehicles in which they ferry the employees
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 11:12   #13950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
There are hardly any tread left on the tyres of the bus!

Many people dont realize the perils of driving with a bald / worn out tyre. Especially the taxi segment! They push the tyres to the limits before changing them. In bangalore many of the company indica/sumo cabs use tyres in such pathetic states , the lives of the employees who travel in it is at a great risk! The only exception to this rule are the Cisco Innova cabs that are well maintained and have good tyres!
I think the companies who hire the cabs should put some basic safety guidelines for all the vehicles in which they ferry the employees
Forget the bus, in my office, I see many middle segment cars like NHC, Dzire owned by top management guys with absolutely bald tires, some tires look as if they have been shaved off with Gillette razor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks