Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2013, 14:49   #14371
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

A Linea Tjet Crashed head on with a bus on a traffic infested road,at close to 3 digit speeds.Air bags had popped out,no injuries to the occupants.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20131102_003.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20131102_004.jpg  

akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 15:00   #14372
Senior - BHPian

The Linea has taken the hit very well.

Triple digit speeds in a traffic infested road? Asking for trouble.
Old 4th November 2013, 15:25   #14373
Senior - BHPian

Found it on Facebook , A sudden brake could have ended up in this mishap!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-piped.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th November 2013 at 15:36. Reason: Corrected typo.
foby.sebastian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 15:27   #14374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Phew !! I am seeing the rarest of rare accidents these days !!
What's wrong with planet Earth and its inhabitants ?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th November 2013 at 15:36. Reason: Corrected typo in quoted post.
Old 4th November 2013, 15:59   #14375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A Linea Tjet Crashed head on with a bus on a traffic infested road,at close to 3 digit speeds.Air bags had popped out,no injuries to the occupants.
Happy for the occupants for coming out unhurt. However the car just went under the bus at moderate speeds and got wedged. It is not a "high speed head-on crash and Linea saved the day" situation.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:03   #14376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Happy for the occupants for coming out unhurt. However the car just went under the bus at moderate speeds and got wedged. It is not a "high speed head-on crash and Linea saved the day" situation.
Not sure about exact details,just quoted what the owner told me who was present there,when i clicked the picture.
Old 4th November 2013, 16:15   #14377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Phew !! I am seeing the rarest of rare accidents these days !!
What's wrong with planet Earth and its inhabitants ?
This is not so rare, although the over the car and through the front windscreen combo might be unusual. Improperly secured loads have caused gruesome accidents all over the world. It does not only happen in movies.

Quote:
The sister and friend apparently were not drunk but were taken into police custody for allowing a person under influence of alcohol to drive.
The passengers must share some moral responsibility for such incidents, but legal responsibility might be a moot point.
Old 4th November 2013, 18:41   #14378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A head on with a bus at triple digit speeds would have damaged the rims if not dislodged it. Most of the bumper seems to be intact as well.
Unless the owner meant ramming into the back of a bus, by 'head on'.

Regards
Old 4th November 2013, 18:50   #14379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This is not so rare, although the over the car and through the front windscreen combo might be unusual. Improperly secured loads have caused gruesome accidents all over the world. It does not only happen in movies.
What I mean by Rarest of Rare, is the improperly secure cargo falling on a car "behind". But this is a whole new level. Truck brakes hard and the pipes fly all the way and lands on the car in front !! Unbelievable. !!

A lighter note: This could be taken as a sequence in the movie Race 3. The movie Race 1 had an action scene where Saif is presumably killed by loose cargo falling on this car behind a truck.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 4th November 2013 at 18:52.
Old 4th November 2013, 19:37   #14380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Hopefully no one was injured. Its becoming more frequent - pipes are always dangerous and the driver need to be extra cautious.

This was posted here last year.. Its scary!
http://www.mangalorean.com/specials/...newstype=local
Old 4th November 2013, 20:01   #14381
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
TOI reported that the 21 year old Loyola college student was driving under influence of alcohol. His sister and another friend were there in the car at the time of the accident. They were returning from a party at a hotel on Anna Salai. The sister and friend apparently were not drunk but were taken into police custody for allowing a person under influence of alcohol to drive. The car involved was a VW Vento by the way.

Hope he is sentenced to some ten years rigorous imprisonment without the option of bail.
Old 4th November 2013, 21:55   #14382
Senior - BHPian

@Shankar.Balan,

Honestly if 10 years for killing 3 people is the punishment one will get, i am pretty sure people will happily murder for money knowing its just 10 years. This case does not deserve anylife after jail which means lifetime of rigorous punishment with option to commit suicide.

Its not an accident in the first place. The guy was drunk, high speed within the city and in one of the most active areas even at that time of the night and completely taking it for granted that he can do whatever he wants.

He is old enough, educated well enough(Loyola college) and it was his duty to not drive in the first place.

He doesnt deserve anything less than may be sentence to death. I have no pity for this guy who just ended life of 3 people. They are not even related to me and yet i am furious.
VW2010 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 22:53   #14383
Senior - BHPian

I hardly see this Chennai triple murder making waves in the local news channels, which is really sad.

When a similar accident happened in Egmore (not very long ago) which involved a high profile business man + A merc, the media went gaga over it. It was just one person in that case.

These kinda people should be named and shamed so that fear is instilled in the minds of other people who even wanna think of Drinking and getting behind the wheel.

I simply cannot imagine an accident of such high magnitude within the city limits unless you are awfully drunk. Sad that this culture is fast picking up in Chennai too.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 4th November 2013 at 22:55.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:19   #14384
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Shankar.Balan, Honestly if 10 years for killing 3 people is the punishment one will get, i am pretty sure people will happily murder for money knowing its just 10 years. This case does not deserve anylife after jail which means lifetime of rigorous punishment with option to commit suicide. Its not an accident in the first place. The guy was drunk, high speed within the city and in one of the most active areas even at that time of the night and completely taking it for granted that he can do whatever he wants. He is old enough, educated well enough(Loyola college) and it was his duty to not drive in the first place. He doesnt deserve anything less than may be sentence to death. I have no pity for this guy who just ended life of 3 people. They are not even related to me and yet i am furious.

Capital punishment is probably necessary in lawless country like India. Just go back to the Delhi BMW case and Salman Khan's case too. All those perpetrators are still walking about scot free!
Old 5th November 2013, 09:41   #14385
BHPian

Was driving to Mysore from Bangalore the other day. Was travelling after Mandya with an Eon in front of me. All of a sudden the Eon swerves to the right, and ends up braking and stopping in the embankment between the two roads. This was around 6:30 PM, and he swerved without any indication at all. I hope it was intentional, and he didn't doze off at the wheel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks