Old 15th November 2006, 00:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

A rolled over Accent KP?
Old 15th November 2006, 00:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
A rolled over Accent KP?
It rolled over 5 times thats what i was told....
Not a single external part is ok even the dash is broken n the inside is scary with all the blood
PS: Ishan san i'll call u tomorrow..

More pics

Old 15th November 2006, 10:15   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
WHat's that Yellow thing lying on the road?? I know it's from the truck. But what??
Looks like Sulphur...eh?
Old 15th November 2006, 23:47   #79
BHPian

my friends baleno..hes unhurt
if u want more pics..let me knowi got loads.. il post them

Last edited by v.tec : 15th November 2006 at 23:52.
Old 16th November 2006, 00:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

they sure do look funny...i mean i never knew a car could be bent in such odd ways...neways here are my 2bits....

i wonder...did the engine fall off or what..
Old 16th November 2006, 00:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

n_aditya,

I dont know what is that yellow powder.

And Accent's accident is terrible.
Old 27th November 2006, 01:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster View Post
Ok, i dunno how many know the true story about the crash, but addy has put 2/3rds of the story.

After jumping the divider (where i guess the front suspensions must have gone for a toss if one notices rim damage also), the car went on to have its a-pillar crash into a pole. Then the passenger capsule went on to ram a wall.

Ok, if you think a pole is like a matchstick, think again. Its one heavy mass of steel, so to ensure it stays stuck in the ground, its put deep down and iinto layers of concrete right round it. Now something in concrete isn't exactly chocolate mousse and you know that. The impact therefore with such a structure in a car which barely has any mass (1-ton is nothing for a pole, it needs much more to even shake it off its foundation). The pole therefore acted like a razor-sharp knife with the car at that momentum and cut the engine bay out. Ramming into a wall again at that momentum is gonna be pretty hard.

Remember its not the car that killed the passengers, its the momentum of that vehicle. 120 kmph is no slow speed. Why, Lady Diana died in an S-class, regarded then as the safest vehicle in the world at 100 kmph. And that too a car costing 10-15 times more. Don't blame Ford. You can't fight the laws of Physics always.

Revv
I would like to bring it your notice that lady diana died because she wasnt wearing a seatbelt, infact all the occupants of the car who died were not wearing a seatbelt. (Fayed's bodygaurd was closest to the point of impact and yet the only survivor of the crash. He was the only occupant of the car who was wearing a seatbelt.)
more information:
Diana, Princess of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 27th November 2006, 01:47   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Best Safety feature in anycar is the driver... (and this device malfunctions quite often).

There are actually very rare cases.. where the driver .. could not have avoided the incident. (doesn't matter if its his mistake or not.... he could have avoided)
i agree with that to some extent.
but seatbelts are the most important safety feature.
Old 27th November 2006, 02:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
they sure do look funny...i mean i never knew a car could be bent in such odd ways...neways here are my 2bits....

i wonder...did the engine fall off or what..
Dingaling-aling any details about this accident???????? What happened to the God-damn engine???
Old 27th November 2006, 14:32   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
One of our friends met a fatal accident last night while he was returning home. He was a very good friend of mine and was a real asset to our Group / company.
I dont have much of the information yet; however it looks like he kept driving in the wrong side of the road (yelahanka - devanhalli highway) and missed the diversion due to no road sign and muddy road leading to the correct side of the road. He head-on with a truck; as per what I heard, the entire engine (Tata-Indica) pushed to the passenger compartment and was almost stuck with the seats.

I hope, we soon will have these road conditions improved in and around Bangalore to prevent such unfortunate accidents. He left his wife and a 1.5 years daughter behiend him. His loss will deeply felt by us and praying god to provide enough strength to his family in this distressed time.
Old 13th December 2006, 18:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Saw this last friday when I was driving to Chennai at about 7 in the morning. No idea what happened here, but looked like a real mess.
This happened near the BMIC flyover construction site on hosur road.Pretty close to the BMW showroom.

Old 13th December 2006, 19:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

I think I can see the causes here:

1. Fog.
2. Standing Container truck or a suddenly braking one.
3. Indica travelling too close or not seeing the truck standing there due to the fog.

Last edited by iraghava : 13th December 2006 at 19:11.
Old 13th December 2006, 19:44   #88
Team-BHP Support

Due to construction work of the flyover the vehicles on the right lane have to move a little left. also the left lane cars have to swerve right cos of the work. In the morning it's inevitable on Hosur rd especially since the indica is cab so you know how they are.
Old 13th December 2006, 20:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I think I can see the causes here:

1. Fog.
2. Standing Container truck or a suddenly braking one.
3. Indica travelling too close or not seeing the truck standing there due to the fog.
i am sure it is not fog because i saw this when i was riding to work at 3:30 am ..it was not foggy ...from what it looked like the truck did not have taillights...i also could not spot this mess till i was pretty close to the accident spot..and these cabs are always speeding ...this happened just before the entrance to e-city.
Old 13th December 2006, 21:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
i am sure it is not fog because i saw this when i was riding to work at 3:30 am ..it was not foggy ...from what it looked like the truck did not have taillights...i also could not spot this mess till i was pretty close to the accident spot..and these cabs are always speeding ...this happened just before the entrance to e-city.
Well if you look closely in the picture background you can see the crane & the bridge appear to be hazy due to the fog. Also, note that the TATA 407/709 next to rj's cars has its headlights on (you can see the reflection on the Siemens bus infront) and in the day they only have them on when there's fog. Because of these two reasons I deduced that Fog could be a major factor.

Most Viewed