Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2013, 12:57   #14656
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
... Police suspect dense fog could be the reason for the accident.
Driving too fast in dense fog could be the reason for the accident.

How can we ever expect things to improve when even the police do not understand this stuff?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 13:55   #14657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Hyderabad: Five persons died and four suffered injuries when their Tata Aria rammed into a sand lorry parked near exit gate 14 of the Outer Ring Road (ORR) at Tukkuguda early on Friday as they were on their way to Tirupati. The condition of one of the injured passengers is reportedly serious. Police suspect dense fog could be the reason for the accident.
Damage to the aria isn't much. Looks like another case of driving without belts on
Old 28th December 2013, 14:35   #14658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Damage to the aria isn't much. Looks like another case of driving without belts on
True, the middle and back row looks intact. Casualty should have been limited to front seats, if at all. Wish people understand the importance of seatbelts.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 11:36   #14659
BHPian

My brother's Toyota Innova met with an accident a couple of days back on the Amritsar-Pathankot Highway. The culprit happened to be an I10. Both the cars and the extent of the damage can be seen from the pictures. The i10 was at fault and took a right turn on the highway without noticing the Innova. The elderly guy driving an i10 was extremely apologetic and offered to pay for all the damages. We decided against taking any help from the person. Best part was no body was injured.

We decided not to pursue the matter and claim damages from an Insurance company as the car had a zero depreciation cover from the insurance company.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-innova.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-i10.jpg

By the way, we sincerely believe accidents are accidents they are never done with an intention to hurt someone, and tend to avoid any kind of argument/situation that may result in any kind of road rage. A small step forward to be more respectful toward human beings.

Last edited by mints21 : 30th December 2013 at 11:37.
mints21 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 11:44   #14660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
My brother's Toyota Innova met with an accident a couple of days back on the Amritsar-Pathankot Highway.

By the way, we sincerely believe accidents are accidents they are never done with an intention to hurt someone, and tend to avoid any kind of argument/situation that may result in any kind of road rage. A small step forward to be more respectful toward human beings.
Good to know that no one was injured.

Really appreciate your and your family's attitude towards accidents and road rage. How I wish that everyone starts thinking like you, the world will be a better place.
the_skyliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 13:18   #14661
BHPian

Low visibility due to fog and high speed resulted in death of 5 persons, all in their 30s. One person is seriously injured. All 6 were on-board a maruti ertiga when they crashed into a parked road roller. The road was undergoing minor repairs during daytime and at night the roller was parked on the left lane. The accident took place around midnight near Tamluk in West Bengal. The crash was so severe that a section of the vehicle was cut open to extract body of front passengers.

News & image source : link (in Bengali)

My request to fellow Team BHPian friends, please be very careful while driving through fog in these winter months. This might mean driving a little bit slower, but its better to be safe now than to be sorry later.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-30sironam2.jpg  

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 30th December 2013 at 13:20.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 13:34   #14662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My brother's Toyota Innova met with an accident a couple of days back on the Amritsar-Pathankot Highway. The elderly guy driving an i10 was extremely apologetic and offered to pay for all the damages. We decided against taking any help from the person. Best part was no body was injured.

We decided not to pursue the matter and claim damages from an Insurance company as the car had a zero depreciation cover from the insurance company.

By the way, we sincerely believe accidents are accidents they are never done with an intention to hurt someone, A small step forward to be more respectful toward human beings.
Exceptionally well managed situation. Innova's damage seems controlled as compared to I10 but by god's grace all is well. I too opine the same about accidents because creating a scene in the middle of the road is of no use since in 99% cases the culprit tries to prove itself correct and offends the other one.

thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 13:58   #14663
BHPian

Quote:
My brother's Toyota Innova met with an accident a couple of days back on the Amritsar-Pathankot Highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Good to know that no one was injured.

Really appreciate your and your family's attitude towards accidents and road rage. How I wish that everyone starts thinking like you, the world will be a better place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Exceptionally well managed situation. Innova's damage seems controlled as compared to I10 but by god's grace all is well. I too opine the same about accidents because creating a scene in the middle of the road is of no use since in 99% cases the culprit tries to prove itself correct and offends the other one.

thanks

AD
@mints21 : Very well done ! God bless you and your family.
I completely agree to what the_skyliner and ad3952n said above.
I learnt something new today.

Please keep us updated about the repair process of Innova and also the insurance claim process. How to handle the insurance - Do we need to tell them it is error from both parties ?
Ravindra M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 11:40   #14664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
My request to fellow Team BHPian friends, please be very careful while driving through fog in these winter months. This might mean driving a little bit slower, but its better to be safe now than to be sorry later.
Do see this excellent article as well.

LINK

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 22:16   #14665
BHPian

New Year Ka Side Effects. Alcohol plus wheeling. One dead and few injured.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-year.jpg
Sarvodaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 22:45   #14666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is a nice belief, but, just taking myself, I can say that all the accidents in which I have been at fault were caused by not looking where I should have been looking, driving unsafely (although I only knew that after the event), or just plain bad driving.

Most accidents are not accidents: they have very avoidable causes.

However, I completely agree that exacerbating the situation with a fight or argument is of no help to anybody. Yes: whether it's our fault or theirs, let's keep cool. And let's be fair about whose fault it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
This should mean driving a lot slower.

Which comes with the risk that the idiot behind you isn't.

Fog is very, very dangerous.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 1st January 2014 at 22:48.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:14   #14667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Alcohol plus wheeling...
If the life lost was the one wheeling, I can't help but say;he deserved it!!

If it was the pillion rider; well, it was his choice to take the risk and hence, he too deserved it in some way or the other.

If it was an innocent person, its pretty unfortunate...R.I.P.
Safety is Param is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 01:15   #14668

witnessed an accident today on VIP road, lucknow. A tractor pulling a load of dirt was traveling on the wrong side of the road in the right most lane without its lights on. it was hit by an Dezire which was traveling in speeds excess of 80Kmph. None of the passengers were wearing the sear belts and both from passengers of dezire had their heads bashed on the wind screen. A gear-less scooter driver who was traveling in the left most lane became a victim of the accident when he was hit by the out of control Dezire. In all a ghastly sight. I dialed 108 but their ambulance was in the opposite part of the town. Instead another kind samaritan called ambulance from Avadh hospital which is located about 1 km from the accident site. Front wheels of the tractor came out and its enhine compartment was fully bashed in. Dezire's right side was also fully bashed in and i believe it will be declared a total loss. Could not take pictures as i was busy with helping the injured and felt it would be inappropriate if i do so.

One disturbing thing i observed was that no cars stopped to help the victims, only motorcyclists and people traveling in manual rickshaws stopped to help. Quite insensitive for people of Lucknow who boasts of being full of tazheeb :(
rishabh.asthana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:17   #14669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh.asthana View Post
Could not take pictures as i was busy with helping the injured and felt it would be inappropriate if i do so.
Kudos to you for doing what was required most.
Hope the Dzire and two wheeler riders injuries are not that serious.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 13:40   #14670
BHPian

A massive accident took place today morning 09.30 AM in Malshej ghat on NH222. An MSRTC bus was traveling from Thane to Ahmednagar. The bus reportedly collided with a tempo on a difficult turn in Malshej ghat and fell down in 250 feet deep valley. Reportedly, there were 57 passengers on board and 30 are feared dead. Received following images from a friend on whatsapp. Images are sourced from http://zeenews.india.com/marathi/

The place from where ST bus fell down and mangled remains of the bus
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20140102wa0010.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20140102wa0011.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20140102wa0012.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20140102wa0014.jpg  

mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks