Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 12:47   #14731
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I drove to Bangalore from Goa yesterday. Where exactly did the accident mentioned by drivingme.crazy occur? If it was in the ghat section between Hubli and Karwar, I could guess why.
I saw that news in local Kannada news channels. They didnt show the car but told that it happened near Ankola. I guess the ghat section near Ankola was the place where this must have taken place. Many people from Bangalore with no experience whatsoever in ghats find this stretch too difficult to drive. A couple of years back, a newly wed couple's car fell into a ditch in the same ghat section between Ankola and Hubli. The wife who was driving the car was apparently a very good driver on plain roads.
Old 6th January 2014, 12:50   #14732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Got a what's up update with a video on 25 car pile up on Yamuna Expressway. Looks to be bad. Can anyone confirm the new's??

Not sure how to upload the video...
I have received the video on WhatsApp. But even I am unable to upload it. A terrible scene indeed.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:37   #14733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
I have received the video on WhatsApp. But even I am unable to upload it. A terrible scene indeed.
Quote:
Got a what's up update with a video on 25 car pile up on Yamuna Expressway. Looks to be bad. Can anyone confirm the new's??
Hi mates, My driver told me about this accident today morning as one of his neighbour's car i.e a Wagon R was also involved in it and there were 5 people in the car out of which 3 have been admitted in a local Noida hospital. I am checking youtube for the video of the same.

thanks

AD

Last edited by ad3952n : 6th January 2014 at 14:06. Reason: spelling
Old 6th January 2014, 14:01   #14734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Now many would ask me as to what i was doing in the first lane and why i did not let the verna go. I really don't know what was wrong with him. I gave side ti him twice the last time signaled him with my hand but he was not going ahead. As soon as i started overtaking a truck he would tailgate me. Totally weird. I did not have the guts to stop the car after hitting the dog as the place was deserted with just one wine shop where the incident took place. I had my mom, brother and grandparents with me. I hope the dog is fine.
The car was taken for repairs to a friends workshop and costed us Rs.1800/-
I deal with Tailgaters in these ways:
1. If its a single lane road, I try my best to move with the traffic(neither slow or dangerously close). If a tailgater honks I don't care a damn and he can overtake me from left, right or above/under.
2. If its a multi-lane road, I do move over to the side and let them go at the earliest opportunity.
3. If its a multi lane road, and tailgater does what happened in your case, I reduce my speed to half and deliberately make them go ahead (such tailgaters are up to no good and you should either be far ahead of them or behind them)
4. On the lighter side, get an SUV!
Used to get bullied in my Figo most of the times. Now with the Safari, I dont have a tailgating problem nor the impatient-signal-turning-green-honking issue.

Last edited by racer_m : 6th January 2014 at 14:05.
racer_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:18   #14735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes. I saw a video sent by a friend. I have uploaded the video on Youtube.

Really sad to see so many cars in such state.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 14:49   #14736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
I saw that news in local Kannada news channels. They didnt show the car but told that it happened near Ankola. I guess the ghat section near Ankola was the place where this must have taken place. Many people from Bangalore with no experience whatsoever in ghats find this stretch too difficult to drive. A couple of years back, a newly wed couple's car fell into a ditch in the same ghat section between Ankola and Hubli. The wife who was driving the car was apparently a very good driver on plain roads.
I drove this route on Dec 29 and on my return on Jan 1. I understand that the ghat section starts a little after Yellapur (most of the times people become conscious on ghat section, avoids accidents naturally, unless someone is stupid beyond usual), towards Ankola the roads become more of straight stretches where one tends to push the accelerator hard, I remember a couple instances where the slope wont let you see oncoming vehicles till you reach very close (during nights this would have been easier with headlights flashing). I'm guessing the mishap could have happened on one such point. I wish his family gets enough strength to recover from the loss.
We saw some accidents on our way back on Jan 1, most of them were car/truck jumped into the side of the road, not so serious or fatal I wish, some of them were around Goa. One needs to be very careful around such festival times, high probabilities of mistakes and even if others do it, you may have to pay for it.

Last edited by Ketan : 6th January 2014 at 14:51.
Old 6th January 2014, 15:08   #14737
BHPian

Quote:

I was returning from Bharatpur yesterday evening and took the YEW. It took me almost three hours from Mathura to Pari chowk. Visibility was very, very bad. I don't remember seeing anything except the blinkers of car ahead of me. On the way I witnessed at least 5 accidents, the worst of which was a Fiesta under a UPSRTC bus. It definitely was the scariest drive of my life...
Old 6th January 2014, 16:45   #14738
Senior - BHPian

Just heard that NH47 is closed near Angamaly (Kerala) and area evacuated due to LPG leaking from tanker. Didn't catch the details. Is it another accident?
Old 6th January 2014, 17:01   #14739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
So, here it is, unfortunately my ride makes its way to this thread. I had to go over a divider to avoid a two wheeler.By God's grace I am unhurt. Two wheeler guy fled the spot. Locals and police were very helpful. I was alone and this happened on thirunelveli byepass on the way to nagercoil(Kanyakumari Dist).

Seatbelt is there for a reason. please don't take it lightly. Not sure, whether I be alive to write this post if I hadn't worn the seatbelt.

Till yesterday, I was not able to convince my dad to wear seat belt. But after seeing his son coming out of this accident unscratched, he buckles the belt dutifully for every trip.
Sorry to hear about the accident. When did this happen? Thankfully you are safe and the car can always be repaired. How much of hassle was it with the locals and cops? Hopefully all settled.

Yes, I keep showing my dad these posts where people talk about seatbelts. He just won't accept the fact that seat-belts are there as a safety device. I mean, this is for a man who had driven cars outside India. But I force him nonetheless and he complies but not without grumbling.
Old 6th January 2014, 17:28   #14740
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

One more accident in Yamuna Expressway leave 5 people critically injured. Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c.../28448528.cms?

5 colleagues of a company had gone for a long drive on Yamuna Expressway yesterday (Sunday) afternoon towards Agra. While the car was driven at high speeds, the car ahead of them suddenly slowed down. To avoid a head on collusion the driver of the car took a sharp turn, lost control of the vehicle & hit the divider.

All the five occupants of the car (all in their 20's) are currently admitted at a ICU in hospital in Noida & are in critical condition.

Thanks,
Old 6th January 2014, 17:30   #14741
BHPian

Spotted an accident on Bannergatta road just a couple of hours ago. Looked like a truck had T boned a luggage auto. No serious injuries I guess , but a huge traffic jam all the way till Kalyani motors showroom.
Old 6th January 2014, 18:06   #14742
Senior - BHPian

This 3 wheeler tempo was tailgating me for close to 1 km when the driver in front of me braked to avoid a cat !!!

Looking at the way the tempo was behind me , I knew there was no way that this overloaded vehicle could stop. I swerved left to try and avoid him , but this is what happens.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image3702191503.jpg

When I get down to check the damage, I realise this driver is so drunk that he could barely stand. Asked him to show his licence , he says he doesn't have one !
speedsatya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 20:21   #14743
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
This 3 wheeler tempo was tailgating me for close to 1 km when the driver in front of me braked to avoid a cat !!!

Looking at the way the tempo was behind me , I knew there was no way that this overloaded vehicle could stop. I swerved left to try and avoid him , but this is what happens.

When I get down to check the damage, I realise this driver is so drunk that he could barely stand. Asked him to show his licence , he says he doesn't have one !
Thats sad.

However the damage seems minimal. The car seems to have stood well against the impact, considering the thin sheet metal used in the Amaze.

Tail lamp replacement and a good detailing session at 3m or any such good outlets should see it return back to top form.

PS: I'm viewing in mobile. Sorry if I have underestimated the damage.
Old 6th January 2014, 20:30   #14744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats sad.

However the damage seems minimal. The car seems to have stood well against the impact, considering the thin sheet metal used in the Amaze.

Tail lamp replacement and a good detailing session at 3m or any such good outlets should see it return back to top form.

PS: I'm viewing in mobile. Sorry if I have underestimated the damage.
LHS tail lamp ( 1900 INR) needs replacement , while the bumper has a few scratches .

In case of any rearending , the Amaze tail lights will take a hit first .

About detailing , I can now do a better job that the 3M store i had visited in the past
Old 6th January 2014, 20:37   #14745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
In case of any rearending , the Amaze tail lights will take a hit first .
I guess that's the price we pay when they have to restrict the length under 4m and still need a respectable boot. I assume it would be the same or even worse for Dzire too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks