Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 21:38   #14746
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
LHS tail lamp ( 1900 INR) needs replacement , while the bumper has a few scratches .
Also seeing the bumper is misaligned. Hope only dislodged with broken clips and the clip mounts haven't torn off.
Old 6th January 2014, 22:03   #14747
BHPian

I have started a # on twitter. #idiotontheroad. The idea is to tweet registration number of the car which is driving recklessly or violating any traffic norm. Most of these drivers think they can get away with any stupidity. Atleast twitting their car number will make them think that the rest of us do see them as idiots even if they consider themselves as machos.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 23:15   #14748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
I have started a # on twitter. #idiotontheroad. The idea is to tweet registration number of the car which is driving recklessly or violating any traffic norm. Most of these drivers think they can get away with any stupidity. Atleast twitting their car number will make them think that the rest of us do see them as idiots even if they consider themselves as machos.
I hope the real idiot who sticks to the right most lane and drives at 60km/h on an expressway with a mobile in his hand wouldn't start tweeting the numbers of all the cars overtaking him through his left!
zenren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 23:20   #14749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

I hope the real idiot who sticks to the right most lane and drives at 60km/h on an expressway with a mobile in his hand wouldn't start tweeting the numbers of all the cars overtaking him through his left!
Hahahhaa. Thats a good one buddy :-). Well if some one tweets about 20 odd numbers in a minute we know we got a king of idiots then ;-)
Old 7th January 2014, 00:24   #14750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
This 3 wheeler tempo was tailgating me for close to 1 km when the driver in front of me braked to avoid a cat !!!

Looking at the way the tempo was behind me , I knew there was no way that this overloaded vehicle could stop. ...
WHen being tailgated, slow down (gently, of course!) and create even more space between yourself and the car in front of you, because you now need stopping distance for two!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 00:38   #14751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
WHen being tailgated, slow down (gently, of course!) and create even more space between yourself and the car in front of you, because you now need stopping distance for two!
That's what I was doing and that's the reason my front is intact.
Old 7th January 2014, 09:14   #14752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Got a whats up update with a video on 25 car pile up on Yamuna Expressway. Looks to be bad. Can anyone confirm the news??
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
I have received the video on WhatsApp. But even I am unable to upload it. A terrible scene indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi mates, My driver told me about this accident today morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Yes. I saw a video sent by a friend. I have uploaded the video on Youtube
Looks horrific! With a pile up this big, it was sure to have been picked up by the news channels. Still no coverage!Are we sure this is current?
Old 7th January 2014, 09:26   #14753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Good luck with that.

Hope no one is motivated to doing this on the roads especially while driving!
TMRT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 00:51   #14754
Distinguished - BHPian

Created the below thread with the complete details of my Dzire accident
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-saved-me.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Sad to hear this Arun and thank almighty you made it safe. Awaiting more details but I feel this is another incidence where dezire has saved a disciplined owner.

Biker must have been unhurt as he sped away? Good that you did right thing but he sure didn't!

Not sure if you have opted in for overnighter but even if your ride isn't ready by then, happy to pick you along.

Happy driving (I know you drive safe so didn't need to mention!)
Yes the biker was unhurt.
Thanks for your offer to drop. I drove back in my dads car and using it here for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Oh My! God's grace you came out okay. Are you back in Bangalore?
Yes, I am back in bangalore now. Car is at a MASS in Thirunelveli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sorry to hear that Arun! Glad that you escaped unhurt. Do fill us in on the details. I am curious to know how the two-wheeler was heading.

Were you able to swerve into the divider because it did not have the railing? I am wondering if the railing was present, what could have been the outcome! Brake hard perhaps?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-saved-me.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Hi Arun, sad to hear this. Thankfully you are OK. The car will be fixed within a month (max). I want to thank all those kind souls too who helped you in your ordeal. I had an accident one year ago when a 2 wheeler suddenly veered in front of my car. Now when I drive through the highways, I am really weary of villagers in 2 wheelers popping out suddenly through medians. Once again, the importance of wearing seatbelts was proved. Seatbelts save lives. Please belt up friends,always.
I agree the seatbelts saves life and I have experienced it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There must have been a combination of luck and good handling on your part that this did not turn out far worse, eg flipping the car.

Anyway, it's bad enough, and not a nice way to start the new year.

At least something good came of it!
Starting the year with a bang :-) Just looking at the positives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@Arun. Sorry to hear about the accident. Its good that you are out safe which matters more than anything else.

Where are getting the car repaired?
It in a MASS in Thirunelveli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hey Arun, just saw this post today !! What happened man ? I never imagined in my wildest dream that your car would turn up here, and that too such a major one.
Really saddenning to see the ride. Your's was one of the most well maintained cars that I know of in the close circles.

The damage looks monstorous from the list you have made. Lot of money and time would be wasted around. Hope there is no significant damage to the chassis and underbody.

I am happy that you were unscathed. Good things happen to good people. God bless man. Hope you and your car recovers soon from the trauma. Keep us posted on the final outcome of the repair.
Thank you, Soumyajit for the commiserations. I too feel bad that my ride ended up in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Why / How did your navigator side get damaged?
As per the SA this the way the impact travels to minimize cabin damages.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 23:03   #14755
BHPian

Overspeeding.. Please dont do it.

Mods: I know its OT, but i think its more suitable for this one than the ads thread. Please move it if not.

Last edited by noopster : 9th January 2014 at 12:38. Reason: Edited the link. Please post the youtube link directly in the post rather than embedding it
RIC.BURNS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 23:17   #14756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m
I deal with Tailgaters in these ways:
4.On the lighter side, get an SUV!
Used to get bullied in my Figo most of the times. Now with the Safari, I dont have a tailgating problem nor the impatient-signal-turning-green-honking issue.
I don't know about other parts of India. But in Chennai, if an a/c Volvo city bus is behind you, it does not matter whether you are driving a Nano or a Safari, you will be bullied. Even if there is no way for you to give. A Safari can bully a car, but compared to a bus, it is just small change. Today evening while on the way back from work on the OMR, there is a non-a/c bus in front of me and incessant honking from behind. Takes some time to place the vehicle behind as a Volvo (I first thought it is one of those office/college buses). There is nowhere for me to go, but he keeps honking. In the RVM I can see him coming dangerously close to my car's rear. Finally in a cattle-free and drum-barrier free stretch, I let him pass and he goes on to bully a Tempo Traveller. So, a Safari would not even make him blink.
Old 9th January 2014, 00:00   #14757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
Overspeeding.. Please dont do it.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bvLaTupw-hk

Mods: I know its OT, but i think its more suitable for this one than the ads thread. Please move it if not.
Wow.
That's, just wow. Way to drive home the point.
Old 9th January 2014, 10:59   #14758
BHPian

I saw this accident today on the service lane that runs parallel on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway. This occurred at 9:15am near Sector-105. Not sure what might have happened but a passer by told us that the guy was over speeding and lost control of the Duster.

The car jumped the road divider and toppled towards the other side. Thankfully no one was hurt.

This picture shows the direction that he was coming from near Sector-105.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-1.jpg

This is the picture of the other side when the car jumped from the road divider.Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-2.jpg

These are the pictures of the damaged car with inflated air bags.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-3.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-4.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-5.jpg

The guy who was driving escaped with minor injuries. There was no one behind him and nor was any body coming on from the other side. Otherwise, the damage to life and property could have been beyond our imaginations.
mints21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 12:04   #14759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post

This is the picture of the other side when the car jumped from the road divider.Attachment 1188614

These are the pictures of the damaged car with inflated air bags.
[The guy who was driving escaped with minor injuries. There was no one behind him and nor was any body coming on from the other side. Otherwise, the damage to life and property could have been beyond our imaginations.
So, Duster makes it to the accidents thread.

I am worried to see the roof & rear quarters caving in.

Seems to be total loss.

Glad to note that no one was hurt.

Last edited by F150 : 9th January 2014 at 12:05.
Old 9th January 2014, 12:26   #14760
BHPian

there was one earlier reported as well.. .somewhere on the Gurgaon E-Way. ouch !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks