Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 16:33   #14881
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Yet another Volvo catches fire. This time its at Dankuni (6kms from my home). The bus was going to Asansol from Kolkata. Just after crossing the Dankuni toll booth at Nh 2 the drive noticed some smoke and he immediately ordered to evacuate the bus. With in minutes of evacuation the bus was in flames and was charred. The timely intervention of the driver saved the life of all the passengers and none where hurt too. The bus belonged to Shyamoli paribahan. As far as i know they have one of the best bus services in Kolkata. So may be the driver was trained enough for safety which came handy in this crunch situation.
Hats off to the driver who noticed the flames and evacuated the bus at the correct time else 45 passengers would have been no more.

Such people should be honoured by the media and published to encourage other drivers also to be alert.

Coming to the Volvo, now I feel they must look into bus construction with materials that lesser prone to fire catching and giving more number of extinguishers in the bus.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 21:32   #14882
BHPian

Old News - Volvo Bus Toppled on January 21 on Bangalore Nelore Highway. Better Images

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-volvo_1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-volvo_2.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-volvo_3.jpg
Old 26th January 2014, 21:43   #14883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Street race gone wrong , speeding Baleno rear-ended a truck on bye pass Ernakulam at 3.30 am today. The baleno driver walked out with minor injuries (hail seat belt) and the co driver was trapped inside the car. When the co driver was taken out he had only broken legs(seat belt saved). The accident was an outcome of a street race between 2 cars.
Thats one scary looking crash. I don't think any version of Baleno came with airbags. Is Baleno that safe? Heard stories about flimsy build quality (read lighter sheet metal etc). And this is supposed to be at least a 5 year old car.
Old 26th January 2014, 22:35   #14884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Thats one scary looking crash. I don't think any version of Baleno came with airbags. Is Baleno that safe? Heard stories about flimsy build quality (read lighter sheet metal etc). And this is supposed to be at least a 5 year old car.
Baleno build is reasonably strong. Lighter sheet metal for body parts is not true. Try lifting a Baleno hood and you will its not that bad. Infact, IMO, the sheet metal body panels are thicker than Etios and Amaze. Baleno is capable of very serious speeds, which in current traffic scenario, is not recommended without ABS. Yesterday night, while coming back from Surat, I realized that even on CNG, keeping up with fast moving traffic was rather effortless. But brakes with ABS are an absolute necessity on Indian highways once you cross 80 kmph on any highway (atlest in my state where I have driven Baleno quite a bit ).

My daily drive happens to be Baleno. Today, considering my sister's wedding in coming days, a lot of guests were at home. I was ordered by parents to get some snacks from a very famous place in Vadodara.

On my way, near Zoo, I encounted very heavy bumper to bumper traffic. An Eeco trying to move fast in very little gap rear ended me a bit hard. That Eeco had bulbars installed. My bumper did not come off, just became loose. Yesterday, at 9 in night, I applied M-seal for sticking my left rear bumper corner for it to stick to body. It was barely doing OK and this happened.

I am not sure if my driving style is right or wrong, but I do get rear ended repeated in any car I drive now-a-days. All the happiness and cheered up mood for my sister's wedding has vanished. The traffic was just too thick for me to mess with Eeco guy, and considering marriage at my home, it was not proper to react hard. My parents also get a lot concerned for my reactions out of anger.

The eeco no. is GJ-23M-XXXX. I am not sure if putting up the correct no.is allowed or not. I did manage to snap a couple of images of Eeco.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 26th January 2014 at 22:42.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2014, 22:50   #14885
Senior - BHPian

Happened last week, a person crossing 4 lane lost his life and this car toppled 3 times. The occupants came out with major injuries.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1423148852.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image4113601687.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1859680858.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1541174290.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image375609253.jpg  

Old 26th January 2014, 23:08   #14886
BHPian

Saw this BMW with a wrecked front end near MG Road last week. Surprise surprise - this was being driven in this condition as if everything was normal. Apparently the airbags had not inflated despite the front end collision. I have no further information about this car though I could see it was registered to someplace near Hubli.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tbhp.jpg  

Old 26th January 2014, 23:29   #14887
BHPian

This happened on Saturday early morning on Bangalore-Mangalore highway. The 3 people who died were going towards Mangalore from Bangalore. A lorry rear ended them and the rest is self explanatory. The road in the ghat section is too bad and i guess the car braked hard suddenly while the lorry didnt.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-shiradiaccidentjan25th.jpg  

Old 26th January 2014, 23:46   #14888
BHPian

Quote:
Street race gone wrong
Quote:
The accident was an outcome of a street race between 2 cars.
This is a case where I wonder, how much effort does it take to inculcate a values system in our children. Is it too tough a task? Can the parents not ensure that they are made to understand the value of being on road? Why do parents leave their kids at the hands of destiny and then repent later on?

Street racing is something that is not allowed on Indian roads, but I am of the opinion that the racer who has met with an accident should be punished severally so that he/she learns a lesson of lifetime and should spread a word that this is what it takes to race on roads and further should be seen advising others not to do the mistake that he/she has done.

No mercy on such people who not only endanger their lives but also put the life of others at risk.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 00:12   #14889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
This happened on Saturday early morning on Bangalore-Mangalore highway. The 3 people who died were going towards Mangalore from Bangalore. A lorry rear ended them and the rest is self explanatory. The road in the ghat section is too bad and i guess the car braked hard suddenly while the lorry didnt.
OMG! This is horrific. This mangle doesnt even look like a car. Any idea what make it was?
Old 27th January 2014, 02:30   #14890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post

OMG! This is horrific. This mangle doesnt even look like a car. Any idea what make it was?
Took me a while to figure out from the morning paper ,looks like a Ritz . Supposedly the truck hit it and smashed it against a retaining wall.

Something like what happened to a Swift few years ago in the ghats between Coimbatore and Palakkad .
Old 27th January 2014, 18:11   #14891
BHPian

Saw this nano on(off?) the winding roads from manali to rohtang yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1390826279014.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1390826307300.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1390826340621.jpg  

Old 27th January 2014, 20:04   #14892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was this the Ritz that was rammed from behind near Sakleshpur?
Old 27th January 2014, 20:31   #14893
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this link about a tragic accident near Panvel. It was a hit and run case and the youth who was on a black Yamaha lost his life being hit by an unknown car. The car driver sped away leaving behind only a hubcap. The car as per the interpretations was a Suzuki.

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/slide...r/20140127.htm

The friends of the victim are leaving no stone unturned to trace the murderer.
Old 27th January 2014, 20:37   #14894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a very different explanation here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3354801
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 21:05   #14895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The friends of the victim are leaving no stone unturned to trace the murderer.
You have passed on the judgement without even hearing the other side of the story, which is purely based on the general assumption that "bigger vehicle is always at fault."

With regards to running away, you know what happens at street justice in case of such instances.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks