Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-slide1638.jpg

Read the Report Here:

iVento is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 16:07   #14942
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
# Was that from a different accident or was the car too involved in the same accident?
Same accident.Verna was behind the bus.3 passengers were inside,all came out safe.

Last edited by sinharishi : 31st January 2014 at 16:09.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 19:17   #14943
BHPian

Saw this Amaze being towed away on the Gachibowli-Kondapur road in Hyderabad. I have no details on the accident, but possible that this happened on/near the ORR.

It looked brand new, the front was completely smashed while the rear was in mint condition. Hope there were survivors.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-crash.jpg  

smartindboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:38   #14944
BHPian

Crashed Honda City on NICE road, Bangalore

Saw a ANHC in the median near the central drain between Benerghatta Road and Kanakpura road exits. Looks like someone got surprised by a truck or trailer while zigzagging between trucks. Damage is extensive with the roof damaged almost till the rear seats. Anyone has any more news or Pics of this?
Old 2nd February 2014, 22:41   #14945
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Crashed Honda City on NICE road, Bangalore

Here are few accident clips taken from Bangalore-Salem MAIN ROAD,THOPPUR. This is one of the dangerous intersection on this route. If you don't understand tamil then you can directly move to 1:26 mins in this video.

arun_josie is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 22:48   #14946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here are few accident clips taken from Bangalore-Salem MAIN ROAD,THOPPUR. This is one of the dangerous intersection on this route. If you don't understand tamil then you can directly move to 1:26 mins in this video.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=SffWjL5Ori0
I saw that video and every single accident is caused by a truck, a tata ace or a 2 wheeler that has not bothered to slow down or stop before crossing an intersection. Sometimes they come from side roads and want to join the highway without caring for traffic on the main highway. Trucks want to cross the highway and go to the side road without slowing down just turning like maniacs.

It's really sad because all these accidents are avoidable and all one has to do it apply brakes look and proceed.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 23:15   #14947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are few accident clips taken from Bangalore-Salem MAIN ROAD,THOPPUR. This is one of the dangerous intersection on this route. If you don't understand tamil then you can directly move to 1:26 mins in this video
Quite scary actually since i've done this stretch frequently, especially on a bike.
The KSRTC one ramming into the car in the dark was bad.

When I saw the title of the video, I thought it was the infamous Thoppur ghats which sees brake failure/out of control accidents everyday.
Old 3rd February 2014, 07:46   #14948
BHPian

I wonder off all accidents in the the youtube clip, how many are accidents and how many are suicide attempts!
kartikoak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 08:04   #14949
Senior - BHPian

Sad and Scary. I have been imagining this whenever I see a Volvo tailing me, and here it finally happens. But then, questions can be raised whether they had put up warnings that there was a stalled vehicle on a flyover ramp.
Quote:
Seetamma and her cousins Jayamma and Savitramma were sitting in their parked car on the Agara flyover ramp because of a flat tyre.A speeding BMTC Volovo hit the vehicle from behind, crushing the rear of the car. Seetamma, who was sitting in the back seat was seriously injured and died en route to hospital. The three women were here to distribute wedding cards of Savitramma's daughter
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29731366.cms
Old 3rd February 2014, 08:50   #14950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At least 3 crashes are at the same spot if I am not mistaken? Anyone know the co-ordinates of that spot? Or locate it on Google Maps?

I hated the mistakes by people crossing the road the most. I mean, do you only value your life so much? How can you even cross the road without bothering to look or stop?

Last edited by naveenroy : 3rd February 2014 at 08:52.
Old 3rd February 2014, 08:59   #14951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
At least 3 crashes are at the same spot if I am not mistaken? Anyone know the co-ordinates of that spot? Or locate it on Google Maps?

I hated the mistakes by people crossing the road the most. I mean, do you only value your life so much? How can you even cross the road without bothering to look or stop?
Check point B on the below google map link, its the turn towards mettur.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...sz=17&t=m&z=17
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:18   #14952
BHPian

Quote:

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=SffWjL5Ori0
The worst part is, in spite of having this video as a proof to the utter dumbness of the guys who flouted the traffic norms, the bigger vehicle would be penalized for, well, being big. The other thing i don't get is, we have speed breakers at all the unwanted places all over our roads, why not here?
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:41   #14953
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Is there any blind spot or is just plain stupidity that vehicles are just turning towards oncoming traffic in the junction shown at start of video.

Almost all of them are driving directly in to oncoming traffic in full speed.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:52   #14954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Saw a ANHC in the median near the central drain between Benerghatta Road and Kanakpura road exits. Looks like someone got surprised by a truck or trailer while zigzagging between trucks. Damage is extensive with the roof damaged almost till the rear seats. Anyone has any more news or Pics of this?
I too saw this yesterday on the way back from the Teambhp meet. The part with not so much damaged was the rear boot and the tailamps . The car was a mangled piece of metal with the passenger cabin completely damaged. This seems to be a case of rear ending a truck and going beneath it.

I could not click pictures as I was driving alone.
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:51   #14955
BHPian

Today morning I Saw a body of a young chap on the Tirusulam bridge just opposite to the Chennai airport.

Wonder how the accident happened?

No visible injuries on the body, face was covered, helmet would have definitely prevented the loss of life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks