Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2014, 23:33   #15076
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Head on collision between two bikes. A Honda CBR 250 and a Pulsar.
Both the riders were injured severely (Head & Face).
Bleeding from mouth/nose/ear. With broken legs. No helmets.

I wonder how parents allow their kids to ride bikes without a helmet.

Even cops here in Pune can allow you without a helmet.
Dear Mate, Today's generation is rebellious in nature which makes the parents helpless on many occasions. The kids today do not think twice before engaging into a wrong habit which includes unsafe driving as well. No amount of safety drills or speeches can be useful until children are taught the right methods of being safe on roads at their home itself.

After seeing this incident I think they got the right lesson but poor parents have to be by their side. Instead of taking care of such fools the parents should give them a tight slap in front of people and make them swear not to commit this type of mistake ever again.

In my view parents at large in metro cities should pay attention to the their child's habits and inculcate the culture of following traffic norms and safe driving in them before handing over the steering to them.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 00:12   #15077
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear Mate, Today's generation is rebellious in nature which makes the parents helpless on many occasions.......

.......In my view parents at large in metro cities should pay attention to the their child's habits and inculcate the culture of following traffic norms and safe driving in them before handing over the steering to them.

AD
Kids have always been rebellious. My grandparents, parents and me, we all have stories to narrate about how we stood up for ourselves against overbearing parents (that's how kids look at it). Slapping sense into kids rarely works (especially with today's hyper-active, always online but socially disconnected kids), and often makes things worse.

That being said, parents need to set firm boundaries and lead by example (I personally know a few such couples, and I make it a point to commend their effort in balancing responsible parenting with hectic lives). On the other hand, I see so many parents on the roads everyday indulging in irresponsible behavior while driving, riding or simply walking on public roads. What can we expect such parents to teach their kids?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 00:19   #15078
Distinguished - BHPian

Kid or not, you're stupid if you think you can travel without a helmet safely. 10 mts, or 10 kms. I wouldn't be around if not for always gearing up. This is what happens when you get a license without tests, but by "approach". You don't have common sense to ride.
Here's something that is eerily reminiscent of times past -
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1394045295158.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 03:13   #15079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am not defining overspeeding. All I am saying is that the cause of accident is clearly crossing the highway without looking.
Oh, sure. I made a mistake.

Even walking speed is too fast if one crosses without looking

You are absolutely right.
Old 6th March 2014, 08:00   #15080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
ps: are you sure it was a gray i20? i thought it was a gray Punto.
Confirmed i20 and I think it was coz of the wet roads that he lost control and rammed the median. It was raining pretty heavy that morning. Quite evident he couldn't complete the curve and exit safely. I was driving by to office at around 4:45am and it was there.
Old 6th March 2014, 09:24   #15081
Senior - BHPian

Super crash up on Indiranagar main street at 620am this morning.

This was at the intersection of 100ft road and CMH Road. A junkdica rammed in to what looked like a Tata 407. 407 was on its side.

3 days ago, a tipper Leyland carrying ballast stones crashed in to the central median on old madras road expressway. The spot is at the section where you have the Yele Mallappa Shetty lake. The impact was so bad it ripped apart a good bit of the crash barriers on the central median. 3 days later and the barriers are fixed. Prompt by NHAI standards.
Old 6th March 2014, 10:47   #15082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear Mate, Today's generation is rebellious in nature which makes the parents helpless on many occasions. The kids today do not think twice before engaging into a wrong habit which includes unsafe driving as well. No amount of safety drills or speeches can be useful until children are taught the right methods of being safe on roads at their home itself.

After seeing this incident I think they got the right lesson but poor parents have to be by their side. Instead of taking care of such fools the parents should give them a tight slap in front of people and make them swear not to commit this type of mistake ever again.

In my view parents at large in metro cities should pay attention to the their child's habits and inculcate the culture of following traffic norms and safe driving in them before handing over the steering to them.

Thanks

AD
+1

The current generation kids are very keen observers. Many a times while going in the car with my wife and kid, he observes a lot of things on the road like
1. People speaking on the mobiles while driving
2. If i see someone crossing the road, i slow down or stop the vehicle allowing them to pass. He then asks as to why i stopped the vehicle.
3. If the road were to be slightly free of traffic, he would again ask me why i am not speeding. I reply by saying that in city one should not go fast.

One can add many more such points. If we as parents follow basic driving ethics, i am pretty sure our own blood too will follow the same.
suresh_gs is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 11:31   #15083
BHPian

Here is another tragic incident. Students without helmet on non-registered vehicle driving high-speed in winding roads.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=221400

Isn't parent should be held responsible for homicide?
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 21:02   #15084
Team-BHP Support

Just passed by an accident site on ORR (up-ramp on flyover approaching Ecospace from Marathahalli side).

An IT company minibus apparently clipped the rear right of a white Alto K10. Busted headlamp on the minibus, looked like significant damage on the Alto. No injuries apparently, heated argument in progress when I passed.
Old 6th March 2014, 21:28   #15085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
As usual, no helmets.
In that case, the riders deserve more than just a bleeding face.

Quote:
I wonder how parents allow their kids to ride bikes without a helmet.
Being of a similar age group, I have seen many of my acquaintances who are brought up in this manner - Pampered to the core. The extent of pampering goes to such heights, the parents the safety of their own kids, forget rules. My parents gave me whatever I needed, but keeping my safety as well as others' safety in mind. For example, my dad knew I was interested in taking the wheel, and he let me do so in our farms. I guess he was worried I would sneak out elsewhere in the town to satisfy my urge and hence he taught me driving whenever I was in my native. At the same time, I made up my mind never to take the car onto the streets until I got a valid licence. In this way, both of us were satisfied

School going kids in my street drive Activa and even bikes. I am waiting for any of them to crash into my vehicles to teach them lessons their parents did not teach. Their parents let them ride happily, and the kids are nowhere near sedate drivers. They just rip the vehicle to its limits

Last week, my neighbor crashed into a pedestrian who was crossing the road. The rider is 22yrs old and drives very rashly. To her benefit, the pedestrian was crossing the road with her earphones on and did not give an ear to this girl's honks. If you ask me, she should have stopped and let the pedestrian cross the road, letting go of what the pedestrian was doing. She ran into the pedestrian, and both of them were hurt badly. Since this great lady wasn't wearing helmet, she suffered a fracture in some bone around the eye and her eyeball was just spared. The icing on the cake was she just missed getting run over a bus coming from behind. When a two wheeler goes out of control and skids all over the road, what can a bus driver coming from behind do after all? He cannot obviously dodge gaps like a bike.

After all this fiasco, I was speaking to her dad over some building related issue and inquired about the incident. Her dad calmly said, "Cant help. She is a rash driver, drives very fast and keeps crashing often. She honked loudly but the person crossing the road didn't hear". I was like WTH. If I had crashed like that, I bet I wouldn't be allowed to ride again for sometime.

Another stupid trend is girls don't prefer wearing helmet since it spoils their hair. God bless them all.
audioholic is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 18:10   #15086
BHPian

O.T : Sorry but for a moment i felt like i am at a mens beauty saloon

Any guys from Hyd have any info on a car accident on the ORR Flyover two days back ? Heard about this on FM from a bystander who reported that the driver was literally thrown off from his door and he fell all the way down the flyover No further details on the incident. There were reportedly 2 more passengers in the car . By his description looked like a cab was involved. Couldnt get any details from the web though.
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 08:34   #15087
Senior - BHPian

Crashed cabbie on Agara flyover, Agara-HSR side, Bangalore.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140308613.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140308614.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 08:56   #15088
Senior - BHPian

Its more like sliced horizontally :-/ must have rear ended a high body truck without rear impact beam, at high speed...
Old 8th March 2014, 22:49   #15089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Even walking speed is too fast if one crosses without looking
Couldn't help but comment. A girl walking in the left most lane, busy waving out to her friend who was in a bus on the opposite side, bumped into my parked car head on and almost hit her face onto my bonnet. All this when I was sitting in my car waiting for the signal to turn green. After her crash, she looked at me- embarrassed, she smiled and gestured an apology before walking away, leaving me amused at the entire incident.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:38   #15090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Crashed]

The weirdest accidents can be seen done by a yellow board. I wonder how they manage such awkward crashes. Few pages back there is a picture of a tavera standing nose down resting its belly on a pole!!
This ones looks like it did tight rope balancing act with its roof on the flyover wall before it landed back on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks