Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 15:04   #15136
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I saw this Tata Indica on National Highway-8.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc.jpg
Old 19th March 2014, 01:14   #15137
Team-BHP Support

My dash camera caught this really stupid accident at NH4 & ORR junction in Bangalore. I didn't see accident as it happened, only saw the fallen scooter as I passed by. But the camera had caught the whole thing. Hope the mini-tempo doesn't get blamed for it.

Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 09:27   #15138
BHPian

My office driver told me there was a accident over the KRpuram bridge that goes towards Budhigere... A TATA AC lost control crossed the divider and hit a motorbike... result is spot death.
Old 19th March 2014, 14:43   #15139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hope the mini-tempo doesn't get blamed for it.
Ouch!

The mini-tempo will probably get the majority of the blame there.

Looks like it is both of their faults. The tempo is in the right-most lane and seems to be going straight, whereas the scooter is coming from the third lane and trying to make a right (whilst cutting across carelessly).

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 07:33   #15140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My dash camera caught this really stupid accident at NH4 & ORR junction in Bangalore. I didn't see accident as it happened, only saw the fallen scooter as I passed by. But the camera had caught the whole thing. Hope the mini-tempo doesn't get blamed for it.
Well both could be at fault in varying degrees but more to the scooter chap.

The scooter guy should/must not have cut across the vehicle besides him when visibility was not favorable to judge a turn. Also the mini-tempo guy was not in the lane change mode neither was he speeding/overspeeding I guess.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 20th March 2014, 07:46   #15141
Senior - BHPian

I read in some other forum that ace biker Dr. Arnob Gupta known as "flying doc" met with bad accident few days ago somewhere near Rajkot in Gujarat. His condition as per report is semi critical and few operations being performed on him . He has got multiple injuries like skull fracture, jaw fracture, hand fracture etc.

There is no picture here as such for accident and this report is purely based on information posted in some other forum.
Old 20th March 2014, 08:02   #15142
BHPian

Happend at Trichy-Karur highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1395282410838.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1395282340524.jpg  

AshwinThekkan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 10:37   #15143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Looks like it is both of their faults. The tempo is in the right-most lane and seems to be going straight, whereas the scooter is coming from the third lane and trying to make a right (whilst cutting across carelessly).
I was under impression that, you can stay in right most lane while on such roads if you are going straight provided that it is NOT right only lane. But in case you want to take turns, you should be in relevant lanes without fail. (Like leftmost when taking left or rightmost when taking right.) And so thought, tempo is not at all faulty.

But going by your words, I think I am wrong.
Old 20th March 2014, 10:42   #15144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post
Happend at Trichy-Karur highway.
Always wondered why these V shaped trucks are designed that way. Anybody with the answer?

Last edited by slicvic : 20th March 2014 at 10:44.
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 11:14   #15145
BHPian

Source: http://www.eenadu.net/Homeinner.aspx?item=break43

Speeding Dzire crashed into a tree, two died on the spot, two ladies sitting in the rear died while being taken to hospital.
R.I.P.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20br43a.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20br43d.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20br43g.jpg  

Last edited by BusyBoyKK : 20th March 2014 at 11:16.
Old 20th March 2014, 11:31   #15146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Always wondered why these V shaped trucks are designed that way. Anybody with the answer?
Answered here: Why are bulk cement carrier trailers v-shaped?
(You need to login to read. The answer says the opening is at the bottom & 'V' shape makes it easy to empty.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Saw this video compiling accidents on some highway in India.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

This freaked me out completely. Barring a few cases where visibility of the turn was blocked, everyone else looked like on a suicide mission. If this is how we drive, I am sure India will never leave the pole position in accident deaths.

Part of the blame also lies with the design. Must say, it takes a real dimwit designer to plan an intersection bang in the middle of a curve.
For whatever reason, most of these happened since the vehicles decided to take the junction at top speed. When they realized, it was too late.

Last edited by msdivy : 20th March 2014 at 11:50.
msdivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 13:02   #15147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Source: http://www.eenadu.net/Homeinner.aspx?item=break43

Speeding Dzire crashed into a tree, two died on the spot, two ladies sitting in the rear died while being taken to hospital.
R.I.P.
Graphic images in the link, seems like they were not belted up. Tragic loss of lives by negligence.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 14:04   #15148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Graphic images in the link, seems like they were not belted up. Tragic loss of lives by negligence.
Graphic no doubt - Belts and bags would have increased their chances of saving them by 50%. They would have a 100% chance if the passengers at the rear were belted up. See how the front seats have been pushed forward by the force
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 14:22   #15149
BHPian

Yesterday morning around 09.30 AM at pushpa mangal chowk in Pune. I was on my way to office and the traffic was moving very slowly in spurts. When I reached the chowk (crossroads) signal I could see large crowds standing on both sides of the road. Then I saw what everyone was looking at - a body covered with white cloth was on the road. An ambulance had just arrived and they were getting the stretcher out. The police in khaki were doing panchanama and traffic police were trying to get things moving on road.

This happened right where a major portion of the road has been dug up to construct a subway and also for some BRT related work. The roads around this part have become very weird due to the BRT system. One can never make out when a divider might spring in front of you. Felt sad since this might be someone on his way to work and now his family will get to hear of the sad news.
Old 20th March 2014, 15:12   #15150
BHPian

Last Monday I was crossing Muthanga forest on my way to Bandipur from Thirunelli. Just after a blind turn, I noticed the result of a horrible accident. A fully loaded lorry overturned and landed in a ditch. A swift with its rear and left side badly damaged. And another vehicle lying in the ditch (facing he lorry; not visible in the photo) so badly crushed that its was not possible to identify the model. Looked like it collided head on with the lorry. Managed to click one photo; did not stop as there were cops to take care of the situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-muthanga-accident.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks