Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2014, 16:04   #15151
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My dash camera
Sharath sir, Could you please let me know the make of the Dash Cam. The clarity is very good. The one I have is pathetic.
Old 20th March 2014, 16:30   #15152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I'm not a fan of speed humps, but the intersections in this video look as if they really need traffic lights and patrolling to me.
Neither am I. No one finds it pleasurable to ride over speed humps but they should be laid when they are ought to be. At least signal lights would do the job but again no one respects a traffic signal unless there's a cop standing nearby!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 20th March 2014 at 16:33.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 16:56   #15153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
no one respects a traffic signal unless there's a cop standing nearby!
Hence the word "patrolling" in my original post. We absolutely need traffic cops patrolling intersections such as these.
Old 20th March 2014, 19:07   #15154
BHPian

Saw this Swift Dzire being towed away in the Bhubaneswar-Cuttack highway. The way the towing vehicle was driven was nothing short of another accident in the making.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0842.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0841.jpg
Old 21st March 2014, 13:11   #15155
BHPian

Another accident yesterday 6:30PM at Infosys Hinjewadi PH-II, (Pune) inersection.
A company bus rammed into a six-Seater (So-called, they seat 10 in them). Bus was coming from DLF Phase-III, when it rammed into the SIx-seater trying to join the fllet of the buses forcefully. The auto literally "Flew" after being hit by the bus. Passengers flew around as well, no one hurt but shocked to the core. Driver of the auto was hurt, was all red & blue when taken out Plus was bleeding from somewhere close to his eyes.

The other Autowallas blamed entirely on to the bus driver, even claiming that he is drunk. The bus driver agreed to to take the injured to hospital, called up his supervisor who took the injured driver to hospital from Mezza9 hotel.

The autos at that junctions are wrongly parked & join the traffic in an incorrect & forcefull manner. Police are missing & mute spectators on other days. Its a daily scene, yesterdays incidence was waiting to to happen with may be many more in line. Something well deserved for the autodriver . May be he will learn to respect the traffic from here on or at least would have realized that bus is stronger than his auto; as these guys simply keep lane-cutting the other cars. When an argument starts they simply gather up to assault the counter party.

I am sure the passenger sitting on the left side of the auto driver, would have done some good deeds to survive the dash of the bus or not to have fallen & come under the bus. Or at least would not be sitting in such autos where passengers hanging half way out of the autos.
DOn't have the photos.
saurabh2711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 23:27   #15156
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Force Traveller on the divider on the Hosur road (towards Vellara junction) on my way back from office yesterday. The divider starts about 40-50ft behind the Traveller; looks like overtaking gone wrong.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140322_232722.png
Views: 6515
Size:  496.1 KB
Old 23rd March 2014, 14:53   #15157
BHPian

This happened in mlore.

Content warning- The pics may be a bit gory for some.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=224608
Old 23rd March 2014, 20:17   #15158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This happened in mlore.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=224608
That does not look like an Accident to me.
Police are probably trying to pass it off as one.
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:14   #15159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
Sharath sir, Could you please let me know the make of the Dash Cam. The clarity is very good. The one I have is pathetic.
See this link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3377682
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:32   #15160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
This happened in mlore.

I have seen people doing crazy speeds at that concrete stretch between the highway and Tanner bhavi beach. The straight road with almost sparse traffic tempts everyone to perform pedal to metal. When I was there last time, two maniacs on a bike had a narrow miss with a tanker. Even after that narrow miss, they continued riding at breakneck speeds .
Old 24th March 2014, 12:39   #15161
Senior - BHPian

Malayala Manorama is reporting a heart-rending accident near Salem at 6 this morning, in which a husband, his wife and their 1.5-year old daughter died leaving their 4-year old son (who is also injured in the accident) orphaned. Apparently they were travelling from Thiruvalla in Kerala to Bangalore.

Link (in Malayalam): http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bi...RIAL&BV_ID=@@@
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 14:51   #15162
Senior - BHPian

Very sad. As per news, a driver too injured. Looks like the driver fell asleep.

Its always better to start early and reach early for such long drives.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 09:13   #15163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Malayala Manorama is reporting a heart-rending accident near Salem at 6 this morning, in which a husband, his wife and their 1.5-year old daughter died leaving their 4-year old son (who is also injured in the accident) orphaned. Apparently they were travelling from Thiruvalla in Kerala to Bangalore.
Really sad to hear that. To be near Salem at 6, they must've started from Tiruvalla at least by 2 o'clock. High chances that the driver dozed off. Driving without adequate sleep on the night before is quite common with taxi drivers. It may not be any different here, and for sure it a caused loss of lives.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:59   #15164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Link (in Malayalam): http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bi...RIAL&BV_ID=@@@
Very tragic one. Can you share the link in English. Was it a head on collision??
Old 25th March 2014, 11:36   #15165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Very tragic one. Can you share the link in English. Was it a head on collision??
Very sad.. Here is the report on The Hindu.. Apparently the car fell 30ft deep, while on the Thoppur bridge. The i10 is a total loss.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle5829327.ece

Quote:
Three persons, including a woman and a two-year-old, died when the car in which they were travelling nosedived 30-feet from the Thoppur Bridge on the ghat section connecting Salem and Dharmapuri on National Highway-7, on Monday. The police have identified the deceased as K. George (35) of Thiruvalla in Kerala, wife Sumi Susan (32), and their son Sebin (2). George is a software engineer in Bangalore.

Their elder son Alwin (5) suffered multiple fractures. George’s friend Anish (32) who drove the vehicle suffered injuries. They were undergoing treatment in a private hospital in Salem, the police said.

They were returning to Bangalore after spending the weekend in their hometown.

Mr. Anish lost control of the vehicle after the car climbed the median on the highway.

The police said that George who was seated next to the driver, and Sebin who was sitting behind with his mother, died on the spot. Sumi died on way to the Dharmapuri GH.

Praveen Kumar (31) and his friends working in the shops near the accident site said that they heard a loud sound around 5am. “We though it could be a usual tyre burst as no vehicle could be seen,” he told The Hindu.

“A villager who went below the bridge saw the vehicle and informed us. Initially four persons were found in the vehicle. Alwyn was spotted alive after the body of George was removed,” he added.

Earlier there was confusion as to who should register a case — as one end of the bridge was in Salem and the other in Dharmapuri. The Salem police, later, registered the case.
bejoy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks