Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2014, 21:50   #15271
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Newspaper Clipping from a local news paper. Twelve members of the same family were traveling in two cars. One Tavera and Swift. The News is not clear. As per the News, The Swift first hit the lorry and then the Tavera also hit the lorry. From the pictures it is assumed that the Tavera hit the lorry first and swift rammed the Tavera. Seven members of the family dead. five are injured and hospitalized.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-seven.jpg
Old 28th April 2014, 09:14   #15272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Newspaper Clipping from a local news paper. Twelve members of the same family were traveling in two cars. One Tavera and Swift. The News is not clear. As per the News, The Swift first hit the lorry and then the Tavera also hit the lorry. From the pictures it is assumed that the Tavera hit the lorry first and swift rammed the Tavera. Seven members of the family dead. five are injured and hospitalized.

Attachment 1235142
But the rear portion of Tavera looks to be fine.
Old 28th April 2014, 09:24   #15273
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this inside Bandipur forest last Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident-bandipur.jpg  

coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 09:56   #15274
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone get caught in the jam on ORR between Banaswadi and Channasandra on the clockwise carriageway of the ORR (and its service road)? There was what looked like an Indica with its doors open in a pool of water under the Ramamurthy Nagar bridge, with a fire tender nearby. Appeared to me as though the car had caught fire. This was between 9:30 and 10:00 PM yesterday.
Old 28th April 2014, 10:12   #15275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Spotted this inside Bandipur forest last Friday.

Pity the state of the people who were stranded in the middle of the forest.
I just hope that a replacement bus arrived on the double.
Old 28th April 2014, 11:39   #15276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post

Attachment 1235142
From the pictures, it looks to me like the Tavera was following the Swift very closely and the rear end of the Swift climbed over the Tavera when it hit the Swift. During all the crash test videos, we see the rear end of the cars getting lifted into the air due to the impact. In this case, if Tavera was close enough, it would have gone underneath the Swift

Here is an English version of the report from TOI.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/34304610.cms

Quote:
The Swift rammed into a parked truck and the Tavera, travelling behind, rammed into the Swift.

"The truck was parked without the parking lights on after a tyre burst. The Swift driver would have thought that the truck was moving. Besides, the lighting on the stretch is bad," the police said.

"The incident took place at around 1.15am, when they were headed to Bangalore for a vacation. The truck, which was loaded with granite slabs, was parked by the roadside, very close to a 'dangerous curve' on the highway. The car was speeding," police said.

Last edited by zenren : 28th April 2014 at 11:52.
Old 29th April 2014, 11:26   #15277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Rightfully you should have slowed down a bit and let the biker make his turn. Moreover you were also putting yourself at risk by moving to the opposite lane on a single lane road.

My two cents!
By instinct, clevermax moved to the right lane (while braking at the same time). Not necessarily a bad decision because what if the biker had swerved back to his lane? Going by the distance covered by clevermax's car before stopping, there would have been an accident if both car and bike had been in the same lane.

However, I think Clevermax's speed seems to be a bit excessive in what looks like a populated area.

Clevermax: Posting near-miss videos in public will result in fine-tooth-comb analysis of the situation from arm-chair experts like us!
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 12:05   #15278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Clevermax: Posting near-miss videos in public will result in fine-tooth-comb analysis of the situation from arm-chair experts like us!
Indeed. For example, a thought I had when the video was originally posted is that trying to overtake vehicle X which is already apparently in an attempt to overtake vehicle Y is in itself something not done. The right thing to do is to wait till vehicle X completes whatever it is attempting to, and then try to overtake them (based on environment at that time).
Old 29th April 2014, 12:25   #15279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
From the pictures, it looks to me like the Tavera was following the Swift very closely and the rear end of the Swift climbed over the Tavera when it hit the Swift. During all the crash test videos, we see the rear end of the cars getting lifted into the air due to the impact. In this case, if Tavera was close enough, it would have gone underneath the Swift

Here is an English version of the report from TOI.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/34304610.cms
The truck was involved in an accident earlier where 2 bikers were killed about 500 metres from the spot . The second accident could have been avoided if traffic cops had moved the truck to the side or atleast put up some warning barricades to warn other drivers .

I would say , penalise the cops manning that section or the ones who were at the spot after the first accident
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 12:32   #15280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
However, I think Clevermax's speed seems to be a bit excessive in what looks like a populated area.

. I thought the speed was excessive as well. Also it didn't look like clevermax slowed down sufficiently when he spotted the two bikes on the centre line.

Max, the clever thing to do would have been to slow down and allow those jokers to complete whatever manouevre they were attempting. By moving into the oncoming lane you exposed yourself and others to more danger. I also note that you stayed in the oncoming lane to debate with the biker, which is just unforgivable. The truck passed you on your left at the end of the video which shows that you were parked badly. If someone had come in the oncoming lane and hit you then, you'd have nobody to blame but yourself!

Please drive safe.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 15:08   #15281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
This accident happened a couple of weeks ago. I presume that he rear ended a truck by the looks of the damage.
The driver must have dozed off as it happened in the wee hours.
Oh this is really, really sad. If only they had been wearing seatbelts, it would have saved their lives. Thanks to Team-BHP, I keep stressing my folks to wear seatbelts.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 08:51   #15282
Senior - BHPian

3 killed as car rams into a bridge. From the looks of it, it is a high end car. Cannot really figure out if it is a BMW.
Goes onto show however top end or well built a car is, it can still kill.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...jured-car.html
Old 1st May 2014, 08:58   #15283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
3 killed as car rams into a bridge. From the looks of it, it is a high end car. Cannot really figure out if it is a BMW.

Looks like a Range Rover Evoque.
Old 1st May 2014, 09:39   #15284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Driver escaped unhurt and even the curtain airbags were deployed. I think the remaining passengers might not have been wearing seat belts and got thrown around inside the car.

It is high time the rules mandate wearing seat belts for all passengers in the car.
Old 1st May 2014, 12:15   #15285
BHPian

Actor Sunil Grover's BMW rammed into an Alto at the Navi Mumbai-Belapur-Panvel highway. While Sunil was not injured, the three people in the Alto car suffered injuries and were rushed to hospital.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sunilgroveraccident3o.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sunilgroveraccidento.jpg  

pavan_jacob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks