Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2014, 12:09   #15511
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Meanwhile, Donno how this happened but a water tanker toppled near the outer ring road.
It was not there when I passed Gachibowli at 9AM. When did it pass by?
Old 6th June 2014, 12:17   #15512
Senior - BHPian

There was an accident reported in TOI this morning where a Maruti Eeco turned turtle on LB Road when the driver a 22 year old lad tried taking a turn from Sardar Patel Road onto LB Road at a very high speed. Unfortunately, the passenger sitting in the front succumbed to injuries while the rest of them were treated for minor injuries. The driver was arrested for negligent and rash driving. There was a pic of the vehicle in the newspaper but not to be seen online.

People, in their adrenaline rush overestimate the ability of a vehicle as vulnerable as an Eeco.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/36108813.cms

Last edited by rr_zen : 6th June 2014 at 12:19.
Old 6th June 2014, 14:30   #15513

2 mentally challenged siblings charred to death in car fire in Delhi. From the video below seems like the bonnet got damaged - was an accident the cause for the fire or did the fire burn so furiously it caused the bonnet to bend? Any thoughts?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/2-charred...118-3-244.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th June 2014 at 19:43. Reason: Fixing url
Old 6th June 2014, 18:32   #15514
Senior - BHPian

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/road-acci.../476705-3.html

Road accident map of India and TN is leading them all
Old 7th June 2014, 14:08   #15515
BHPian

Saw this at Mahim this morning. A shopkeeper said the Mercedes jumped the signal. Only the taxi driver was injured. The left side curtain airbag of the Mercedes was deployed too as there was a direct hit on the door.

Based on the damages, my best guesses:
1. Mercedes realizes he's going to get hit on left door, and swerves right
2. He then hits the i10 in the oncoming lane (hence damage to driver side of both the cars)
3. The Santro taxi hits the Mercedes anyways (hence damage on the left door of the Merc, and entire front of the Santro)

All the cars have seem to have taken the crash well.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140607_100527.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140607_100613.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140607_100541.jpg
amolbh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 14:50   #15516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_555 View Post
2 mentally challenged siblings charred to death in car fire in Delhi. From the video below seems like the bonnet got damaged - was an accident the cause for the fire or did the fire burn so furiously it caused the bonnet to bend? Any thoughts?

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/2-charred...118-3-244.html
that's horrible!

after reading so many such instances of people getting stuck burning/drowning cars, i finally decided to get myself the ResQme emergency tool for my car. don't wanna end up as a statistic on a news report.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 14:53   #15517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Hehe yeah. The crash happened last week, located barely a km from our plant on the 4-lane NH-6, Hazira. As usual, WhatsApp images were doing rounds.

Here is one that shows the cabin:

Seems intact.

Must have been at real high speeds for the pole to puncture the engine bay like that.
Old 7th June 2014, 22:53   #15518
Distinguished - BHPian

As I was sitting in my parked car, this evening, a car turned the corner behind me, came slowly a little way past me, and stopped. The car behind it ran into the stopped car.

I have no clue why the driver of the front car stopped! Might have lost his way, or been looking to park --- but there was plenty of space to park, or to just pull out of the traffic to think, but no, he just stopped. In the middle of the road.

I was ready to go, and went on my way, but if I had been Superman, I might have flown in there and reminded the driver of the rear car that, however crazy the guy in front is to stop, if you hit him, it is your fault.

~

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th June 2014 at 22:54.
Old 8th June 2014, 04:23   #15519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was ready to go, and went on my way, but if I had been Superman, I might have flown in there and reminded the driver of the rear car that, however crazy the guy in front is to stop, if you hit him, it is your fault.
~
Or may be you can try being QuickSilver from X-Men: Days of Future Past
Old 8th June 2014, 06:40   #15520
Distinguished - BHPian

10 people out of 13 (yes, sounds pretty insane but its true) traveling in a Maruti WagonR met with their end at an unmanned railway crossing after getting hit by a goods train near here last night. Apparently the driver of the ill fated vehicle was asked by others not to cross as the train was approaching but he said he'll pass. The vehicle is unidentifiable by the photograph in newspaper.
Here's the report- 11 Killed As Train Hits Car in Bihar
Read Story:
http://www.ndtv.com/article/south/11...n-bihar-537812

Name:  ForumRunner_20140608_064529.png
Views: 4975
Size:  1,004.1 KB

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2014 at 17:44. Reason: As requested :)
Old 8th June 2014, 07:51   #15521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
that's horrible!
I have read right here on the forum that in some cars, as a safety feature boot doors open on their own sensing frontal crash and it will help if same feature was enabled for fire also. It may not be impossible to implement this feature.
Old 8th June 2014, 07:51   #15522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
10 people out of 13 (yes, sounds pretty insane but its true) traveling in a Maruti car (no idea about which model) met with...
I wonder if the only cars in the Maruti stable that can pack 13 people are the Omni, Eeco or Ertiga. The picture seems to indicate the presence of an engine bay, so I wonder if this is the Eeco? The windshield is too raked for it to be the Omni.

OT, but someone with the handle 'BoneCollector' posting in this thread slightly creeps me out
Old 8th June 2014, 09:14   #15523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
10 people out of 13 (yes, sounds pretty insane but its true) traveling in a Maruti car (no idea about which model) met with their end at an unmanned railway crossing after getting hit by a goods train near here last night. Apparently the driver of the ill fated vehicle was asked by others not to cross as the train was approaching but he said he'll pass. The vehicle is unidentifiable by the photograph in newspaper.
Seems like a Wagon R to me, considering the height and raked yet large windscreen.
Its not uncommon to put in more people in a car. Last sunday, while I was waiting for my dinner to be packed at a restaurant, I saw that around 6-7 passengers emerged out of i10.
There is a popular drive destination ( actually a bridge on Mahi River ) in outskirts of my city, and there you can find severely overloaded cars, including Innova, Fortuners and other MPVs.

The car, atleast from the image does not seem to be severely mangled, not the right side atleast where the door is open.
We can only hope that awareness improves all over India.
Old 8th June 2014, 13:33   #15524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
10 people out of 13 (yes, sounds pretty insane but its true) traveling in a Maruti car (no idea about which model) met with their end at an unmanned railway crossing after getting hit by a goods train near here last night.
Looks like a Wagon R to me from the driver side door panel. If that is the case, I wonder how he managed to squeeze 13 people in a WagonR, as even the fifth occupant in my freinds's WagonR is a tight fit.
Old 8th June 2014, 13:39   #15525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

I wonder if the only cars in the Maruti stable that can pack 13 people are the Omni, Eeco or Ertiga. The picture seems to indicate the presence of an engine bay, so I wonder if this is the Eeco? The windshield is too raked for it to be the Omni.

OT, but someone with the handle 'BoneCollector' posting in this thread slightly creeps me out
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Seems like a Wagon R to me...

The car, atleast from the image does not seem to be severely mangled, not the right side atleast where the door is open.
We can only hope that awareness improves all over India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post

How he managed to squeeze 13 people in a WagonR, as even the fifth occupant in my freinds's WagonR is a tight fit.
There were 5 children and rest adults in that vehicle. Still not sure about the vehicle nor the exact sequence of events leading to it. They all belonged to a marriage party, this vehicle being that of groom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks