Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 18:08   #15646
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Bad start to the weekend. Got sideswiped by a speeding BMTC bus on outer ring road this evening (6:00pm) while I was on my regular route on my way home. I was joining the ring road from one of the service roads at Banaswadi. I was very slow, attentive and joined the traffic flow carefully. Did not notice the BMTC bus which was speeding towards me. The rear portion of the bus (rear wheel and the rear overhang ) hit the front right fender. Needless to say - the bus sped on as if nothing had happened and I was left cursing myself for not having noticed this bus barrelling into my path.

A couple of questions which Bhpians could help me our with -

1- Is there any recourse at all if a BMTC bus hits your vehicle?

2- Can anybody recommend a good denter , painter in north Bangalore to help me restore the damaged car ?
Attachment 1252266

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Idiot bus drivers have tendency to forget their long rear overhangs. My dad always used to warn me about the buses.. "They can hit us even after their rear wheels have crossed us. Like a crocodile lashing its tail" . Sad that you had to be at the receiving end of this. Hope you get it fixed, was just wondering how you are, rajeev1.. Glad to see nobody was hurt..!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 00:00   #15647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Idiot bus drivers have tendency to forget their long rear overhangs. My dad always used to warn me about the buses.. "They can hit us even after their rear wheels have crossed us. Like a crocodile lashing its tail" . Sad that you had to be at the receiving end of this. Hope you get it fixed, was just wondering how you are, rajeev1.. Glad to see nobody was hurt..!

Hey doc! That's some advice which will stick with me now! A crocodile - that's an apt description...in fact we have the articulated BMTC buses here and the numerous tractor trolleys which fit the description better. I am doing great and all fine. In fact looking back - the hit could have been much worse if I had moved even inches ahead or if the bus had curved in at a more acute angle. We all learn daily :-)

Old 25th June 2014, 10:37   #15648
BHPian

Guys, I had an accident.

Moron Biker……
A biker with 2 pillion (Triple on bike) hit my LUV from rear when I was waiting at signal.
Rear bumper (Left side) took the heat . This cannot be repaired. The new one will cost around 9500.

Those biker were student of local college. They fled with the bike after the accident.
I managed to catch one of them and took him to the nearest police station.

I have zero Depreciation insurance cover. I did not claim any money from the bikers (As those were students with borrowed bike. )
Should I go for the claim or I will pay for the repair ??

phots in my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3462931
Old 25th June 2014, 15:41   #15649
BHPian

I am not sure, why this major Incident went unreported here. A tragedy of a Biker who lost life in an accident while riding on this superbike BMW 1000RR, which happened during wee hours at 2.30am on Monday.

Another bad news is, his friends who had been to attend his funeral ceremony and while returning also met with accident killing one, one person losing his hand, another in ICU. They were all in Innova when it crashed into a Tractor.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...23062014001044

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...23062014006005
Old 25th June 2014, 19:35   #15650
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

From ORR to Old Airport Road. From HAL Helicopter division till HAL was a terrible tail back.

Why?

Dumb Mercedes E-Class driver decided to drive fast on wrong side off road and hit a Matador pushing it onto the wrong side of the wrong. The Matador passengers must have some injuries

Attachment 1254128 Attachment 1254130

Going further on , On the other side of the road, traffic from Total mall to HAL was getting backed up

Clicked from dashcam before anyone unduly crtiques
Attached Images

Last edited by ajmat : 26th June 2014 at 11:25.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 00:50   #15651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
Hey doc! That's some advice which will stick with me now! A crocodile - that's an apt description...in fact we have the articulated BMTC buses here and the numerous tractor trolleys which fit the description better. I am doing great and all fine. In fact looking back - the hit could have been much worse if I had moved even inches ahead or if the bus had curved in at a more acute angle. We all learn daily :-)

Exactly...! Each day has its own lessons. Glad that neither of the outcomes happened. Really, could have been much worse..!
Old 26th June 2014, 08:29   #15652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
I am not sure, why this major Incident went unreported here. A tragedy of a Biker who lost life in an accident while riding on this superbike BMW 1000RR, which happened during wee hours at 2.30am on Monday.

Another bad news is, his friends who had been to attend his funeral ceremony and while returning also met with accident killing one, one person losing his hand, another in ICU. They were all in Innova when it crashed into a Tractor.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...23062014001044

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...23062014006005
This is one of those unfortunate incidents that make one either start doubting the existence of a higher power, or start completely believing in fate.

Its really sad to have so many young lives wasted like that - we need to have better traffic rules and better driving/riding sense among all of us. Sad start to the day.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 08:35   #15653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is one of those unfortunate incidents that make one either start doubting the existence of a higher power, or start completely believing in fate.

Its really sad to have so many young lives wasted like that - we need to have better traffic rules and better driving/riding sense among all of us. Sad start to the day.
More than the driving rules, people should understand where and when to drive fast irrespective of whether it is a high powered vehicle or not.
Old 26th June 2014, 10:37   #15654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

This is really sad! As you said makes me believe in Final Destination series.

Very unfortunate and a big loss!
Old 26th June 2014, 10:45   #15655
BHPian

This morning near the Silk Board signal, I saw a biker in Pulsar making his way zig zaggin through the dense traffic at about 9 AM that too without helmet. People who use this road regulary will know how dense and slow this place is at that time. What was surprising to me was that he was actually 'giglng' his body like the people do while dancing. Perhaps he thought that his bike also will do the same. 9 out of 10 times they get away with that, but sadly the 1 time they fail, it becomes fatal.
Old 27th June 2014, 15:09   #15656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post

I came to know about it via FB the same night. I dont know him personally but could make out some details by the posts made by his friends. He was fondly called Arun Anna, was in his thirties (my assumption) & was gonna be a father soon. He had gone out for dinner with his friends & met with an accident while returning around 2 AM. He was wearing a helmet.
RIP brother.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th June 2014 at 17:33. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 27th June 2014, 16:03   #15657
Senior - BHPian

Its even sadder that most of these people leave behind their wives and infants. Driving at 100 kmph would bring you to the end of whatever straight road you have especially near Rajajinagar entrance.
Old 27th June 2014, 16:33   #15658
Team-BHP Support

What makes me want to bash my head in frustration is most of these people will use the 'I was in a hurry due to xyz emergency' excuse when they get into an accident.

Call me naive, but I've always held the belief that I should be driving MORE carefully when I'm required at an emergency, because someone else is depending on me coming to their aid, instead of finding out I got into a mess and need help myself.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 16:46   #15659
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Indeed, but the major factor is the importance to find an excuse, and excuse is equated to reason.

Non-accident example: someone failed to keep an appointment with me. When he eventually came, he said that something had happened at work. I asked what was that to me, was it my problem? No it was not --- and he looked mystified, like but I've given you a reason.
Old 27th June 2014, 17:00   #15660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes, Indeed, but the major factor is the importance to find an excuse, and excuse is equated to reason.

Non-accident example: someone failed to keep an appointment with me. When he eventually came, he said that something had happened at work. I asked what was that to me, was it my problem? No it was not --- and he looked mystified, like but I've given you a reason.
Add office colleagues to that, who let themselves get double-booked for meeting slots (by accepting conflicting invites), then use that as an excuse to skip important (to me) meetings, or be late. I once asked a colleague how exactly he planned to attend two calls at once, no prizes for guessing the response

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks