Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:35   #15826
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Folks! Another accident took place on the Eastern Freeway on Tuesday 8:30pm involving a Old-gen VW Jetta. The driver is said to be safe.

Here is the link to mumbai mirror's report: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/o...w/38884028.cms

2) Also read a news in the Times of India today (Delhi) wherein 3 businessmen died in their 2006 Honda City fitted with a CNG. It is suspected to be a case of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. All the 3 men were noticed as unconscious and frothing from the mouth by a family member of one of the deceased.
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...23072014001019

Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd July 2014 at 21:46. Reason: link added
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:58   #15827
BHPian

Today on my way to the office GRTP, around 12:10pm I was approaching the Hoodi junction on Whitefield RD. This is just after the ABB office. Near KEB substation saw a bad accident, an Omni was overturned and damaged bad. Hope all are ok.
Old 23rd July 2014, 21:30   #15828
Senior - BHPian

A youth succumbed to the injuries he had suffered when the bike he was riding hit and went inside a water pipe dumped by the roadside at Karumadi, near Ambalappuzha in Alappuzha district on 21-07-2014. Really sad and freak accident.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bike1.jpg
In another accident a Wagon R caught fire at Changanasserry at 1700 hrs yesterday. The driver who was inside the car at that time jumped out to safety.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wr.jpg
both pictures from Malayala Manorama daily

Last edited by rajeev k : 23rd July 2014 at 21:36.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 12:42   #15829
BHPian

11 children among 12 killed in train-school bus collision in Telangana.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...edium=referral
Old 24th July 2014, 14:19   #15830
BHPian

13-year-old driver kills three in Ahmedabad

"A minor boy crushed down two people and injured four others in the early hours today (Wednesday) while they were sleeping on the footpath at Vaghjibhai's chwal in Danilimda locality, after he lost control over the speeding car," M F Sheikh, police inspector, Danilimda police station said.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 24th July 2014 at 14:20.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 14:43   #15831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Toll has now risen to 20 and is expected to rise. One parent lost 3 kids and another has lost 2 kids and died of heart attack. I could not imagine the 1 km long scene in which the mangled bus was dragged before the train halted. It's a temporary driver, who was in a rush and he is also killed. I fail to understand how on earth the driver can do this to the children.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle6244798.ece

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 24th July 2014 at 14:50.
Old 24th July 2014, 15:23   #15832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
13-year-old driver kills three in Ahmedabad

"A minor boy crushed down two people and injured four others in the early hours today (Wednesday) while they were sleeping on the footpath at Vaghjibhai's chwal in Danilimda locality, after he lost control over the speeding car," M F Sheikh, police inspector, Danilimda police station said.
The irony is that this particular boy was also involved in two accidents earlier while riding his Activa, fortunately no life was lost that time. But in this particular incident, the car involved is an i20 and according to the news channels it was being driven over 120kph.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 15:56   #15833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Toll has now risen to 20 and is expected to rise. One parent lost 3 kids and another has lost 2 kids and died of heart attack. I could not imagine the 1 km long scene in which the mangled bus was dragged before the train halted. It's a temporary driver, who was in a rush and he is also killed. I fail to understand how on earth the driver can do this to the children.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle6244798.ece
Makes me terribly sad to read such news. More frustrating is, that nothing will be done to ensure such tragedy does not happen. The future of the country will keep getting slaughtered at the hands of careless bus drivers.

Quote:
As he got delayed, the driver is said to have driven the vehicle in rash manner all through while picking up students from Gundredpalli, Islampur and Kistapur before it met with the accident.
And all along, not a single traffic cop tried to stop the bus and punish the driver. That would have saved so many lives!
Quote:
A group of ABVP workers staged a demonstration were cane charged leading to stone pelting.
amitoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:30   #15834
BHPian

Quote:
This is really sad losing so many innocent young lives due to the thoughtless actions of another person. May they rest in peace and their parents get the strength to face this tragedy.

Many people are blaming the government for not placing a manned gate at the crossing. But keeping that aside, is it not always the responsibility of the driver to cross any unmanned railway crossing safely ? More so if it is a school bus ferrying children. Also shame on those traffic cops who failed to reprimand or even stop the driver from driving so rashly endangering the lives of so many children.

But do we not see this daily ? Just today on the road joining FC Road and Deep Bangla Chowk in Pune I encountered a rickshaw driving at full speed with its headlights on right at me in the wrong lane ! I avoided it and he continued driving head on into traffic with little regard for the school children seated inside for it was packed with children returning from school. Really sad to see the state of affairs and frustrated to see that those with the power to stop this madness chose instead to stand on the side lines pocketing challans
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:40   #15835
BHPian

Quote:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...edium=referral
I have seen the visuals in the TV news and felt very bad. My eyes got wet to see little children's bodies spread over all the places. Each kid was well dressed in uniforms with well combed hair but no life.

As a parent, I know what would be the feeling of missing loved ones in just a fraction of time. May god give courage to their parents to come across this trauma.
rnidumolu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 17:24   #15836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
This is really sad losing so many innocent young lives due to the thoughtless actions of another person. May they rest in peace and their parents get the strength to face this tragedy.

Many people are blaming the government for not placing a manned gate at the crossing. But keeping that aside, is it not always the responsibility of the driver to cross any unmanned railway crossing safely ? More so if it is a school bus ferrying children. Also shame on those traffic cops who failed to reprimand or even stop the driver from driving so rashly endangering the lives of so many children.

But do we not see this daily ? Just today on the road joining FC Road and Deep Bangla Chowk in Pune I encountered a rickshaw driving at full speed with its headlights on right at me in the wrong lane ! I avoided it and he continued driving head on into traffic with little regard for the school children seated inside for it was packed with children returning from school. Really sad to see the state of affairs and frustrated to see that those with the power to stop this madness chose instead to stand on the side lines pocketing challans
New report says driver was speaking on the mobile and failed to notice the approaching train. Very irresponsible act on part of the driver.
Old 24th July 2014, 17:57   #15837
Senior - BHPian

I somehow don't understand how some of these accidents happen in the first place. Someone has to be really stupid to put a whole bus smack in the path of a passenger train - what was that driver thinking?

My heart goes out to those parents who lost their children in this crash. This was a proper school bus - it wasn't as if they put their kids in one of those autos ferrying ten kids to school.

I also pray for the driver of the train to emotionally recover from this tragedy. For no fault of his - he will have to live with the guilt of indirectly causing the death of almost 20 people before his own eyes. I doubt such a scene will leave him till his last days.
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 18:07   #15838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I somehow don't understand how some of these accidents happen in the first place. Someone has to be really stupid to put a whole bus smack in the path of a passenger train - what was that driver thinking?
Have read somewhere that it is difficult to judge the speed of the train at a level crossing. The view is only from front, the train seems like be approaching. Since there is no side view, it is difficult to judge speed.

PS: Same case with unmanned junctions, where the vehicles from side road mis-judge the speed of vehicles on the main road.
Old 24th July 2014, 18:14   #15839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Have read somewhere that it is difficult to judge the speed of the train at a level crossing. The view is only from front, the train seems like be approaching. Since there is no side view, it is difficult to judge speed.
Also, if the train is coasting, it won't make any sound either. That makes it even more difficult to judge it's speed.
Old 24th July 2014, 18:17   #15840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post

PS: Same case with unmanned junctions, where the vehicles from side road mis-judge the speed of vehicles on the main road.
Correct. But the bus driver of a school bus has got to be better trained than that, and should be far more cautious than an average man whose idiotically texting and driving.

How tough would it have been for him to pause 2 min and let the train pass? esp at this crossing there would be no long queue of vehicles that may build up at a typical manned crossing either.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks