Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 10:19   #15886
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
That's all correct in theory, but often I wonder if the left side is meant for overtaking, the way vehicles stick to the rightmost lane without budging.
When I drive in the middle lane I must watch the right mirror, then the left mirror and then again the right. When I drive on the far right, I only have to look at the left one.
Bikes should be on the leftmost side of a road. Then you are only looking (correctly) to your right side mirror. Though easier said than done, with the cars, cabbies, buses, TTs all also on the left

I still keep the left when I ride a bike though, its a lot safer.
pratyush6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 11:54   #15887
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this yesterday on Mysore road towards bangalore. SX4 has climbed the divider with some major damages to its left rear(door and above the wheel arc including bumper corner). There was a innova parked on the left side of the road which had some major damages on the front right. It looked like the SX4 braked hard and innova banged from behind. This happened exactly at a intersection, so not sure if any two wheeler or other vehicles involved.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mys1.jpg  

Old 28th July 2014, 16:24   #15888
BHPian

Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Spotted this yesterday on Mysore road towards bangalore. SX4 has climbed the divider with some major damages to its left rear(door and above the wheel arc including bumper corner). There was a innova parked on the left side of the road which had some major damages on the front right. It looked like the SX4 braked hard and innova banged from behind. This happened exactly at a intersection, so not sure if any two wheeler or other vehicles involved.

Is that pic from a dashboard camera ? I see date, time, speed and coordinates in the snapshot. Which dashboard camera is it ?
Old 28th July 2014, 16:42   #15889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
This one is spotted by my friend yesterday, near Pune.
No further details on this though.
There were three occupants. Two of them were underage. One was aged 20, and most probably the person driving. All three of them perished, One of them, on the spot.
One of them was the son of a local politician.

The tanker driver's condition is critical.

What else can we say?
RIP, those who departed.
Old 28th July 2014, 17:49   #15890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Don't know if this has been posted before or not. But a pretty horrifying video of a biker trying to cross a overflowing bridge. Payed the price for foolish overconfidence. No idea if he survived or was saved. Let's hope for the latter.
I feel sorry that it turned out to be fatal for the guy but on the other hand, I can't help but berate his act of stupidity. The forces are nature should never ever be underestimated and any show of bravado is certainly an invitation to tragic outcomes. I say this on account of firsthand experience.

Although his foolish decision can't be entirely justified, I noticed that the road he was trying to traverse across was broken and the bump affected his momentum and stability causing him to veer toward the right side. He simply was not able to judge it beforehand due to the overflowing water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
This one is spotted by my friend yesterday, near Pune.

Attachment 1267144Attachment 1267145Attachment 1267146Attachment 1267147

No further details on this though.

That is intense. I can imagine the speeds the Fortuner might be doing at the time of impact. It'd be a miracle indeed if there were no fatalities.

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 28th July 2014 at 17:53.
Old 28th July 2014, 19:02   #15891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Is that pic from a dashboard camera ? I see date, time, speed and coordinates in the snapshot. Which dashboard camera is it ?
Yes, that pic is from the dashboard camera. You can find the details in my ownership thread. Here is the direct link,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3458198

Last edited by arun_josie : 28th July 2014 at 19:04.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 23:29   #15892
Senior - BHPian

Saw lots of crashes on the Mumbai - Pune expressway yesterday. A Spark Aquaplaned I assume and gone inside the left railing, a truck went off the road and went on the left side too, a Zen had its front end smashed.

Be careful guys, the expressway is a death trap if you speed during the heavy downpours.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 09:48   #15893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Saw lots of crashes on the Mumbai - Pune expressway yesterday. A Spark Aquaplaned I assume and gone inside the left railing, a truck went off the road and went on the left side too, a Zen had its front end smashed.

Be careful guys, the expressway is a death trap if you speed during the heavy downpours.
Frankly speaking, I dont think even 20% of the people driving India know any thing or have anything to do with aquaplaning/hydroplaning. Unfortunately, the awareness of basic laws of physics and science which are essential for maintaining road safety, is missing among the public. Most of the people using expressways in India consider it being equal to F1 circuits.
Travelling_Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 17:08   #15894
BHPian

This is happened on last Sunday.
I stay in Teachers colony (HSR Layout) and road in front of my house has dead ends on both sides, I meant very less vehicle moment.
I went outside for lunch and parked the car in the usual parking space, evening saw a dent on the driver side running bed
Can you please someone explain me how could it happened to a parked car that to on the running bed.

Sunday Car was parked at the same place but front is facing the ground.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140729_080438.jpg

Dent on the Running bed
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140728_175940.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140728_175945.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140728_175952.jpg
Old 29th July 2014, 17:29   #15895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
This is happened on last Sunday.

Can you please someone explain me how could it happened to a parked car that to on the running bed.
Buddy, to the best of my knowledge, either of these could be the culprit:

1) The Orange barriers:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-roadbarriers500x500.jpg

While negotiating a turn it might have hit the car without you/ driver being able to hear the sound of impact.

2) The motorbike foot pegs:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bik_08_bud_foo_peg.jpg

May be during a traffic jam a biker would have tried negotiating and ended up banging your car with the foot peg of the bike.

3) While turning the car may have rubbed the divider lightly. Though this appears unlikely.

Thankfully the paint is not damaged.

Pic source: Google Images

Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 17:41   #15896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Buddy, to the best of my knowledge, either of these could be the culprit:

1) The Orange barriers:

While negotiating a turn it might have hit the car without you/ driver being able to hear the sound of impact.

May be during a traffic jam a biker would have tried negotiating and ended up banging your car with the foot peg of the bike.

3) While turning the car may have rubbed the divider lightly. Though this appears unlikely.
As I mentioned in the last post, it was happened when the car is parked.

Now I'm going to Trend Auto for dent removal. One of my colleague told me that paint less dent removal is not possible on the running bed, is it true?
Old 29th July 2014, 19:31   #15897
BANNED

Quote:

Sunday Car was parked at the same place but front is facing the ground
As you say the car was parked when this incident happened. So I feel someone has rubbed against your car mostly but the point of impact is surprising.

Quote:
1) The Orange barriers:
Point 1 & 3 highly unlikely buddy. May be Point 2.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 19:47   #15898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling_Monk View Post
Frankly speaking, I dont think even 20% of the people driving India know any thing or have anything to do with aquaplaning/hydroplaning. ...
Most people in the world don't know anything about aquaplaning. They skid a little on a wet road and say they aquaplaned: they didn't, they skidded a little. It is not the same.

Many drivers in India seem to know nothing of stopping distances on a dry road, let alone a wet or water-covered road. Most seem to have no clue that their driving style needs to alter significantly to drive safely on a wet surface.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 21:19   #15899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of my colleague told me that paint less dent removal is not possible on the running bed, is it true?
Actually he is right because in any other panel be it doors, bumpers or fenders etc there is a scope of pushing them from inside to make the surface even but this particular panel in any car requires a lot of time until and unless the running board is having some space to be pushed from inside in a Fiat Punto.

I have seen the repairs of this panel in my Esteem which I struck slightly on a divider while taking a U-turn. It was cut from underneath and repaired after that it was repainted. The whole process took a day's time.

Please ask the concerned FNG too about the time it would take for the repairs.

Here are the pics of a Laura's paint-less dent removal. The car belongs to a Bhpian.

Before:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cam00090.jpg

After:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cam00108.jpg

As you may see the paint-less removal of dent still left behind the impressions on the panels including the running board. So, it all depends on the design of the running board.

Pic Source: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ll-rivets.html

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 29th July 2014 at 21:38. Reason: attachment
Old 29th July 2014, 21:27   #15900
BANNED

Quote:
One of my colleague told me that paint less dent removal is not possible on the running bed, is it true?
The ASC will cut the dented part and a new running board of the same size cut will be re-welded over and re-painted.

Seeing the images, I don't think it is too deep. If there is a cavity for the running board from inside then mildly hitting it from inside will get the 'dent out' and would need finishing. A good quality body shop guy can do it.

Quote:
It was cut from underneath and repaired after that it was repainted. The whole process took a day's time.
Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks