Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 14:23   #15991
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I have travelled from Pune to Mumbai on Saturday. There was big pile up before the flyover after Panvel and before Kharghar. After 10-12 mins of slow moving traffic, came across this accidents involving 5 cars (1 Polo , 2 Vento, Sunny and possibly a Zen).

To me it seems, the stupid contractor doing maitentance work planted those conical markers on flyover descend without any notice (whatsoever), that too on the right lane. The Maruti Zen realises that late and breaks hard, resulting in all other rear ending. The drivers and passengers were safe, but its another authority induced accident
Old 11th August 2014, 19:21   #15992
BHPian

Saw this new Swift on the Langar Houz Gandipet stretch. Don't know what happened. Most of the impact was on the side of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140810_064746.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140810_064800.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140810_064814.jpg  

Old 11th August 2014, 20:11   #15993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Saw this new Swift on the Langar Houz Gandipet stretch. Don't know what happened. Most of the impact was on the side of the car.
Saw a Wagon R today morning crashed into the road side shops just before Gachibowli signal when going from Kondapur. Couldn't take the pictures since I was driving.
Old 11th August 2014, 21:43   #15994
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on NH209 this morning. Indica and the sumo in the background hit each other. Barely any damage to the sumo, front end og the indica completely smashed.

Foot well area of the indica was intact though

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20140811_0831552.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 23:26   #15995
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Looks like a tyre blow-out. The rest of the car seems fine except for the right side which could have got rubber by a heavy vehicle after it could have lost control.

Anurag.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:22   #15996
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Saw this Ertiga (ZDI) being towed away. I even saw the airbags being deployed on this one. I normally do not give much attention when any damaged vehicle is being pulled away but since i have booked Ertiga VDI, i gave a bit more attention to this vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_0266.jpg  

Old 13th August 2014, 17:43   #15997

my car a skoda vrs totally at ring road bangalore, a tavera was speeding and trying to overtake a swift rammed into me.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2012030600279.jpg  

Sathish uk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 18:42   #15998
BHPian

Hey @Sathish uk,

This seems to be a heads on collision from opposite side, though it's been more than a year I have migrated from Bangalore to Mumbai, I remember that ring road has a good divider on almost whole of stretch. Then how come this heads on took place unless that the Tavera+Swift or you were driving on the wrong side or maybe the case of Tavera flipping over the divider to hit you so badly.

In any case, how about injuries to you and other passengers in your Skoda?

Sad to see the plight of your skoda but then body injuries are much more painful and long lasting then the damage to our vehicle.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 14th August 2014 at 11:38. Reason: Excessive dots
Old 13th August 2014, 19:13   #15999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathish uk View Post
my car a skoda vrs totally at ring road bangalore, a tavera was speeding and trying to overtake a swift rammed into me.
Mate, When did this happen. Hope you are safe. Were there other co passengers in the car. Sad to see the plight of the vehicle.
Old 13th August 2014, 20:23   #16000
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to see the ol classic VRS in this state. Looking at the intact windshield, I believe the occupants were belted up. The airbags seem to have deployed and the cabin is intact. So hopefully the injuries were minimal.

Kudos to the solidity and structural integrity of the Skoda . The impact seems to be quite hard, going by bent bonnet and frontal damage. The left fender hasn't even bent out of shape! Any pictures of the Tavera after the accident?

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 13th August 2014 at 20:25.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 20:29   #16001
BHPian

Sathish, a very unfortunate incident indeed. Did it take place on ORR or IRR ?I hope you and occupants of the other car are safe.

O.T. another unfortunate incident reported by NDTV:

Quote:

Four Children Suffocate to Death in Locked Tamil Nadu Car

Chennai: Four children who climbed into a stranger's unlocked and parked car have died today in Tamil Nadu.

The children were between 4 and 10 years old and were attending a temple festival with their parents at Vedanatham village in the Tutcorin district of Tamil Nadu.

The car they entered was parked at a yard filled with cars seized from bank loan defaulters, the police said.

Devastated parents accepted their children's bodies after initially refusing to accept them. Ms Muthalammal, a relative of one of the children who died, said, "The police should take strict action. Only because they didn't lock the car this has happened."

Nobody has been arrested. "The children perhaps locked themselves in but did not know how to open the door," said a senior police officer handling the case.
news source: NDTV
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 20:43   #16002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
O.T. another unfortunate incident reported by NDTV:
We had a similar incident reported from somewhere near Bhiwandi (Mumbai) last year wherein a child or maybe a few children got into a cat and were locked to death overnight in a dealers stock yard... from then all children from our society were told not to shut the car doors till some elderly is there inside with them. Have performed some mock drills with my daughter to test how much she understands and it had worked very good after some initial lack of understanding. Had to give her a small demo once about how it feels in such a situation.
yo222 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 21:13   #16003
BHPian

Slighty OT. Blaming the police or demanding actions won't help. Who will the police take action against ? The bank ? Loan defaulters ? Security guards ? I understand the grief of the parents but shouldnt parents be also alert about the kids ? All parents should make sure they look into surroundings and spot danger areas, teach kids how to avoid them. I know it isnt easy but then..

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 13th August 2014 at 21:14. Reason: Fixing grammar
sunishsamuel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 11:32   #16004
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if this was shared before. Got this as a WhatsApp forward and got the Youtube link:

Horrible! Those logs were not balanced properly on the truck, tilting the CG towards the right side which made the truck roll over while it swerved. Some of those logs were also overhanging.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 11:37   #16005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
.... I understand the grief of the parents but shouldnt parents be also alert about the kids ? All parents should make sure they look into surroundings and spot danger areas, teach kids how to avoid them. I know it isnt easy but then..
+1. They do NOT mind their kids getting hold of other's property (and also possible damage), but now want to blame someone for NOT locking the car?
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks