Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2014, 12:01   #16786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Just go this one on Whatsapp - believed to be a showroom in Ahmedabad.
I'm too zesty for the showroom, too zesty for the showroom, the way I just go crashing?

Someone lost a job there, I'm sure.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 12:12   #16787
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Android phones allow you to dial ICE numbers even when the phone is pattern/number locked. Have not seen this option in iPhones.

Click on "Emergency Call" at the bottom of the locked screen, which opens up the "Emergency dialler". From the dialler, click the Icon (person's head + beacon lamp) at bottom-left.
This takes you to the list of stored ICE numbers, which you can then dial. All without unlocking the phone.
We have this feature in iPhone as well
As shown in the below images the Emergency button in the lock screen will take you to Emergency Call screen. From here again the * Medical ID button found at the bottom left will provide the list of emergency contacts and the relationship with the user. This screen will also allow everyone to dail the emergency contacts even without unlocking the phone. I'm sure this bit of information will be helpful for everyone who aren't aware of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0989.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0990.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_0991.png  

treadmark is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 12:19   #16788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I'm too zesty for the showroom, too zesty for the showroom, the way I just go crashing?

Someone lost a job there, I'm sure.
And someone got their "Zest" coming up late !. What will the showroom guys tell the client - that their Zealy Zest decided to deliver itself on its own !.
Old 8th December 2014, 13:44   #16789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got this one on Whatsapp - believed to be a showroom in Ahmedabad.
Zest's are flying out of the Tata showrooms!. LITERALLY

On a more serious note, possibly it was an AMT in the hands of an inexperienced driver.
S2!!! is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 15:15   #16790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1316241
the customer was test driving the Zest inside the showroom? they didn't allow him to take it out?
Old 8th December 2014, 16:10   #16791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
This happened some 3-4 months ago on NH17 near Ankola in Karnataka. Posting here just to show how unsafe is Maruti Omni in case of a head on collision. The driver of Omni tried to avoid a pothole and the result was this.
One can argue that the can of Pepsi I'm drinking right now has more structural integrity than that Omni :(
Old 8th December 2014, 19:25   #16792
BHPian

Saw this accident while coming from a team outbound.
This was just after Manyata Tech Park, didn't look good for the bikers. Guess it's a bike and canter accident.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1418046990818.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 9th December 2014 at 02:32. Reason: Posts merged. Post edited for grammar & spell-check.
Old 8th December 2014, 19:56   #16793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1316241
Zest is flying off the shelves! They should keep it like this - they've got more advertising with this than multiple newspaper ads in some corner of a national daily.

I've never seen a display car with keys in them. If a customer ended up doing this, it is the showroom staff to be blamed for leaving the key in the wrong place. If a showroom staff did this, no comments.
Old 8th December 2014, 23:16   #16794
Senior - BHPian

This happened right in front of our apartment block yesterday. Heard a loud bang at 12.00 PM, rushed out and saw this. The front of both the car and bus were smashed. The car driver, with his face bloody, was desperately trying to get out but his door could not be opened. There were four other ladies in the car and they got out dazed, with varying injuries. People had to forcibly bend the driver's door and take him out. By that time he had passed out and when he was lifted out, I noticed blood in his ears. Immediately knew his chances were dim. Later heard he passed away on the way to the hospital, though an ambulance from an ortho / trauma hospital arrived within minutes.

None of them were wearing seat belts. If the driver was wearing it, he would have most probably lived. The steering wheel must have hit his chest. In addition, his head went and smashed on the windshield.
Actually the smash was frontal, but the car moved perpendicular to the bus upon impact. If the bus must suffer such damage, imagine the speed the car must have been doing. I have observed these buses on our road for over forty years and they never speed.

Please remember; seat belts save lives.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01338.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01339.jpg  

Gansan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 00:36   #16795
BHPian

There is a picture of the PY----3666 Aventador crash making rounds the internet. Any idea about this incident?
PC- Friend's Instagram
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-doc1page0001.jpg  

Old 9th December 2014, 07:20   #16796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
This was just after Manyata Tech Park, didn't look good for the bikers. Guess it's a bike and canter accident.
Attachment 1316391
It seems that this is the second accident yesterday on that stretch: last night, when returning home around 9 pm, traffic between the Hebbal flyover and Sultanpalya flyover was slowed to a crawl, due to a truck carrying grains that had tipped over. A crane was pressed into service to clear the truck around 9:30 pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
None of them were wearing seat belts. If the driver was wearing it, he would have most probably lived. The steering wheel must have hit his chest. In addition, his head went and smashed on the windshield.
Is that a taxi or private car? Passenger compartment intrusion doesn't seem to have occurred and the steering wheel position is unchanged, so you're quite right in your assessment that its a failure to wear seat belts.

The driver knows about seat belts, and on top of that, knows there's a rule for it. Despite that, he didn't buckle up. While its sad he's passed away, I will be harsh and say that nobody killed him, he killed himself.

Quote:
I have observed these buses on our road for over forty years and they never speed.
Now here's where I hope the bus driver isn't blamed automatically since he's in the bigger vehicle, and a meaningful investigation is performed to ascertain blame for the accident (but not the death).
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 09:13   #16797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Now here's where I hope the bus driver isn't blamed automatically since he's in the bigger vehicle, and a meaningful investigation is performed to ascertain blame for the accident (but not the death).
Fat chance of that happening - it is almost a certainty in India.

See this accident described in The Hindu couple of days back: http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle6668174.ece

The (physical) newspaper article had one more paragraph in the end - the bus driver had been arrested!
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 09:17   #16798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
There is a picture of the PY----3666 Aventador crash making rounds the internet. Any idea about this incident?
PC- Friend's Instagram
Discussed in the other thread (Supercars & Imports : Kerala).
Old 9th December 2014, 11:19   #16799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This happened right in front of our apartment block yesterday. Heard a loud bang at 12.00 PM, rushed out and saw this. The front of both the car and bus were smashed. The car driver, with his face bloody, was desperately trying to get out but his door could not be opened. There were four other ladies in the car and they got out dazed, with varying injuries. People had to forcibly bend the driver's door and take him out. By that time he had passed out and when he was lifted out, I noticed blood in his ears. Immediately knew his chances were dim. Later heard he passed away on the way to the hospital, though an ambulance from an ortho / trauma hospital arrived within minutes.

Actually the smash was frontal, but the car moved perpendicular to the bus upon impact. If the bus must suffer such damage, imagine the speed the car must have been doing. I have observed these buses on our road for over forty years and they never speed.

Please remember; seat belts save lives.
RIP to the deceased. Just cannot understand why people have to drive fast on congested city roads and how they manage to do so. Must be a case of overtaking horribly gone.
Old 9th December 2014, 11:47   #16800
BHPian

Speeding Audi SUV Crashes Into Truck in Delhi, 1 Dead, 2 Seriously Injured

One person was killed and two others seriously injured after a speeding Audi SUV hit a dumper truck in central Delhi's Barakhambha Road late last night. Such was the force of the impact that the front end of the car was completely crushed

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/s...ured-631923?fb

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks