Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 16:30   #17176
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I've just received very gory images on WhatsApp regarding an accident in Gujarat. 2 people presumably crushed and their internals littered on the road.
The bike (Yamaha R15) is so severely damaged as if intentionally crushed under big weight.

Any news on it?
Old 12th February 2015, 16:44   #17177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
I've just received very gory images on WhatsApp regarding an accident in Gujarat. 2 people presumably crushed and their internals littered on the road.
The bike (Yamaha R15) is so severely damaged as if intentionally crushed under big weight.

Any news on it?
If you are talking of pictures that include a female; then, its just a made up story,
as they are being circulated under the tagline of R1 crash that happened early in february.
Old 12th February 2015, 16:47   #17178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
If you are talking of pictures that include a female; then, its just a made up story,
as they are being circulated under the tagline of R1 crash that happened early in february.
Well, it has 2 bodies covered under cloth. Their heads appear crushed with some amount of matter lying on the road. I'll upload the least gory picture on this thread at night once I reach home.

Last edited by Divya Sharan : 12th February 2015 at 16:48. Reason: Spell check
Old 12th February 2015, 18:13   #17179
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it has 2 bodies covered under cloth. Their heads appear crushed with some amount of matter lying on the road. I'll upload the least gory picture on this thread at night once I reach home.

Well you might as well not post them. The way you have explained itself makes it sound nasty.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 18:58   #17180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh please don't. Let them rest in peace.

Sad to read about that though.
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 20:33   #17181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I got to see the photos that you mentioned. Gory is a conservative word to describe it.

You say this is a made up story? I think so, or it is a mismatch- because the graphic photo has the shops with hindi name in it while for the bike they used this photo in that i think?
Old 12th February 2015, 21:10   #17182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I got to see the photos that you mentioned. Gory is a conservative word to describe it.

You say this is a made up story? I think so, or it is a mismatch- because the graphic photo has the shops with hindi name in it while for the bike they used this photo in that i think?
Nope! I'm just attaching the R15's pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150212wa0004.jpg  

Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 21:23   #17183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If that's what happened to metal, I pity the ones who had to see the aftermath of what happened to the riders.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 23:25   #17184
BHPian

Quote:

What on earth happened to that R15, was it crushed under a heavy vehicle or something? RIP deceased.

Last edited by gurudutt : 12th February 2015 at 23:26.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 00:20   #17185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
What on earth happened to that R15, was it crushed under a heavy vehicle or something? RIP deceased.
I don't have the details, but it does seem like it was crushed by something really heavy.
Old 13th February 2015, 02:17   #17186
BHPian

Horrific Day
12 feb @ 12.15pm
was waiting with my wife next to the wine store signal at Burger King to collect our takeaway.

An ST bus on left takes a wide right turn toward poolgate and a guy on a two wheeler from the right decides to head straight to east street.
Gets knocked down, the front wheels of bus run over his legs, and the rear tyres hit his back and the r tyres and his body both bounce off two three times and finally bus stops. luckily rear wheels do not run over him.
his yells in pain are spine chilling and in next 30 seconds there is no shouts of pain his eye balls moving left and right, I not knowing what is happening to him, although I think its utter pain and the semi unconscious state.

His jeans are torn off by the time he is bought on to the pavement next to wine store.

PEOPLE OF PUNE ON ROAD: some guys just entered the zone not even knowing what had happened and were like vultures in trying to get the ST bus driver out and thrash him. There was a traffic police who it also seemed was scared of the crowd and wanted the ST Bus driver to come out. Luckily the cops in khaki came up in a few minutes to save the situation.
The ambulance was on the way.

This was a scenario where both were in wrong lanes or wrong directions.
bus should have been on the right side and the two wheeler rider on the left side.

Accidents can happen anytime YES but common sense rather traffic sense does not exist on our roads.

Safe Riding to all.

In the interest of safety for your loved ones, ENSURE YOUR LOVED ONES (FAMILY & FRIENDS) ATTEND A DRIVING CLASS, TAKE THE TEST, PASS IT AND SECURE A LICENSE TO RIDE / DRIVE rather than paying an RTO agent and securing a licence.

I agree the test conducted in Pune by driving institutes is nothing to talk about, however it will give some little gyan.

Wishing you all Ride /Drive Safe.

Cheers!

Last edited by Jr Godzilla : 13th February 2015 at 02:18.
Jr Godzilla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 02:44   #17187
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this busted KL Altis at NICE road, link road turnoff some 30 mins ago. Hazards were on, although flashing only one side so I guess it happened very recently.

Looks like a lorry or a bus must have rear ended it.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150213_024206.png
Views: 10395
Size:  182.9 KB
Old 13th February 2015, 11:18   #17188
BHPian

Re: Major Train Accident near Hosur

Just seeing a Major Train Accident Report on TV. 9 coaches of Bangalore-Ernakulam Intercity Express derailed at about 07:40 Hrs today 6 Kms away from Hosur. Coaches D8 & D9 which had around 89 Malayalee passengers have the maximum damage, Brisk rescue efforts are in place, 6 deaths have been confirmed but about 10 persons are feared to be dead. A lot of passengers are injured and being taken to the hospitals nearby.

Heartfelt condolence to the bereaved and May their souls RIP and pray for speedy recovery of the injured.
Old 13th February 2015, 11:19   #17189
BHPian

A 50-year-old woman riding a scooter on Thursday sustained grievous injuries after her two-wheeler was hit by a car belonging to Sandalwood star Pooja Gandhi.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/46228260.cms

Seems like the actress did her duty by taking the injured to the hospital.
Old 13th February 2015, 11:46   #17190
Senior - BHPian

Re: Major Train Accident near Hosur

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrac View Post
Just seeing a Major Train Accident Report on TV. 9 coaches of Bangalore-Ernakulam Intercity Express derailed at about 07:40 Hrs today 6 Kms away from Hosur. Coaches D8 & D9 which had around 89 Malayalee passengers have the maximum damage, Brisk rescue efforts are in place, 6 deaths have been confirmed but about 10 persons are feared to be dead. A lot of passengers are injured and being taken to the hospitals nearby.

Heartfelt condolence to the bereaved and May their souls RIP and pray for speedy recovery of the injured.
Bangalore to Hosur stretch is a hilly terrain wherein trains generally go slow. Not sure how this accident took place

Most Viewed