Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 21:36   #17266
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
A runaway water tanker has mowed down two in front of Esteem mall, Hebbal in Bangalore. Videos are being circulated all around. Pics are very bad as well. Not putting them up here.
Here is the detailed news and video of this accident. Poor pedestrians and the two wheeler guy who stopped for the red signal.

http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...-in-bangalore/
Old 27th February 2015, 08:20   #17267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here is the detailed news and video of this accident. Poor pedestrians and the two wheeler guy who stopped for the red signal.

Horrible accident, what a disaster. Really feeling sorry to all the people there. RIP. hope the injured recovers soon.

Such a busy junction and no Skywalk, whom to blame????. The truck driver may escape easily balming the breaks... it really hurts seeing the video.

A similar junction I cross everyday is opp Eco Space (sarjapur-marathalli rd), the so called BIG IT companies are located there and no skywalk.
Pumpy_Raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 08:32   #17268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I mean, all for no fault of theirs. And everyone RESPONSIBLE for the accident will go away scot-free. Even that area corporator who was sitting on the bill for the skywalk. Let the ghosts of the innocent people come to haunt them for ever!
naveenroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 10:08   #17269
Senior - BHPian

When innocents pay the price it is always heart wrenching to see :( Crossing on the zebra line, stopping at red light yet they unfortunately paid a heavy price.

Driver was over speeding, drunk blah blah the list will go on but unfortunately the lives lost will never be regained.

Our overall apathy towards following road laws, enforcing said laws, maintaining proper infra for pedestrians and two wheelers is just plain sad and scary.
Old 27th February 2015, 10:54   #17270
BHPian

EDIT: Please up vote this complaint.
http://www.ichangemycity.com/bangalo...em-mall-hebbal

Quote:

God, am still recovering after watching the video. I was at this junction couple of months back and didn't want to take a U turn so parked the car and crossed the road to drop my wife off at the bus stop. God knows how long will we continue to pay for our carelessness. I say we because the politicians are one among us, we elected them and can't just sit and blame them. Would like to join a protest (will try finding out how to start one) and stop the traffic at this junction to bring the attention of the civic authorities.
I have seen two skywalk projects half complete on the ORR near Kalyan nagar and Banaswadi. Even before they are fit for use, i see political posters being hoisted on them already, makes me sick.

Last edited by gurudutt : 27th February 2015 at 11:03.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:47   #17271
Distinguished - BHPian

Horrible! There were two guys (near the front left tyre) who miraculously escaped just by a whisker. Both of them just crossed the road and went on as if nothing happened. Even after being gifted a second life, don't people get a feeling to go and help victims?

Obviously they'll be in shock but still, I'm unable to digest.
Old 27th February 2015, 12:27   #17272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I mean, all for no fault of theirs. And everyone RESPONSIBLE for the accident will go away scot-free. Even that area corporator who was sitting on the bill for the skywalk. Let the ghosts of the innocent people come to haunt them for ever!
The corporator and MPs must try and cross one road every month, all by themselves, and then they will know the seriousness of road safety issue. We all are waiting for the Motor vehicle amendment act to pass for quite some time now.
Old 27th February 2015, 12:34   #17273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy_Raj View Post

Such a busy junction and no Skywalk, whom to blame????.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Even that area corporator who was sitting on the bill for the skywalk.
I think the blame should be on the driver and the authorities who issue license to any retard above the age of 18 with some money.

Skywalks are good if used, a big IF!

When the sky walks at busy junctions of SV road were built in Mumbai I thought the crossing menace will be solved especially at SV road bandra. Thats one junction where pedestrians bully cars and buses even.

Even after completion of skywalk 90% people cross the road. Skywalks have become shelters for homeless and after dark activities.

I am in favor of skywalks its a very simple and safe solution, I always use them its safe and stress free to walk on. It takes me a couple of minutes extra unfortunately a lot of people want to try save that time.
Old 27th February 2015, 16:27   #17274
BHPian

Well, like all other cases, most people are busy discussing and giving their opinion. I have tried in vain to get more up votes here http://www.ichangemycity.com/bangalo...em-mall-hebbal on FB too, people end up liking the FB post but no one bothers to login to the link and up vote. I had use ichangemycity to get a road paved near my home and i for sure know they do help.
gurudutt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 16:43   #17275
Senior - BHPian

Does that work better than complaining using the BBMP sahaya system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Well, like all other cases, most people are busy discussing and giving their opinion. I have tried in vain to get more up votes here http://www.ichangemycity.com/bangalo...em-mall-hebbal on FB too, people end up liking the FB post but no one bothers to login to the link and up vote. I had use ichangemycity to get a road paved near my home and i for sure know they do help.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 17:19   #17276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Yes, it does. PM me for more details since this is
Old 27th February 2015, 17:30   #17277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just voted and added my comment as well. I hope today's protests and this voting can at least knock and wake up the folks behind the right doors!

What happened yesterday happens every day (Someone getting knocked down by a Truck or a Bus) but it was captured on CCTV which makes the whole episode a horrifying one!
Old 27th February 2015, 17:35   #17278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've raised the pothole-on-Silkboard issue also there.
Old 27th February 2015, 17:45   #17279
BHPian

Was it a traffic policeman who came into the picture immediately after the accident? What was he doing when the signal was red and all those vehicles ignoring it? We see that he then stops and pursues the tanker taking a lift from a passing two wheeler. He should have been attending to the injured and getting medical help instead.
He seemed to have simply left the scene of accident. He should be punished too for negligence.
RIP to those who died. Speedy recovery for the injured.
Old 27th February 2015, 17:58   #17280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Was it a traffic policeman who came into the picture immediately after the accident? What was he doing when the signal was red and all those vehicles ignoring it? We see that he then stops and pursues the tanker taking a lift from a passing two wheeler. He should have been attending to the injured and getting medical help instead.
He seemed to have simply left the scene of accident. He should be punished too for negligence.
RIP to those who died. Speedy recovery for the injured.
This Pedestrian signal at any given point of time during the day (9am-9pm) has at least 4 Constables and 2 Inspector ranked cops (or at least one).

As of today, it is one of the most busiest crossings, thanks to merging traffic from ORR, Mekhri Circle along with the Airport bound traffic.

So in all possibilities, there would be many other cops who would have attended the injured in this accident.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks