Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 06:22   #17866
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am sorry but this is NOT an accident, in my eyes it is a Murder and turns out this isnt the first time. She is a habitual offender. If I killed two people while driving drunk, my mother would disown me even though, goes without saying, she loves me like any mother would.
Agree.

Also - Even if the cabbie was driving say a vw with dual airbags it is not quite likely that the passengers would come off unscathed in a high speed head on collision. So calling for banning cheap cars that make transportation cheap and accessible is something that requires thought (are we willing to pay four or five times the taxi meter cost just so that we can get into safer vehicles driven by trained and certified drivers)?
Old 12th June 2015, 08:06   #17867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Thats why mothers are to be worshipped. Please dont blame the mother here. She is doing what any mother would do. To a mother, her child is always precious. Lets keep the mother out of the discussion please.

The only relationship in this world that shows unconditional love is the mother and her son/daughter relationship. Even that is one way and not two ways.

Sorry to digress topic, but i felt its not right to blame the mother. She did her job of being the mother and trying to protect her child.

I think its high time they banned this Omni. Thats worse than riding a motorbike with fake sense of security.

Everytime i read this thread, i ensure i spend atleast 30 minutes with my closed ones everyday knowing tomorrow is uncertain.

Jhanvi, you have no clue what you have done to those families.
So every killer's mother is right in protecting their wayward children? no matter if that 35 year old/50 year old 'child' has killed people in cold blood?
Its because of useless parents such as the mother above, that the daughter has become the monster that she is, believing that money can buy everything and might is right. Sorry!! bad parenting is the root cause of this degradation of our society, where in making money is more important than being a good person!!!
Please read that lady's statement.. it makes my blood boil.. protecting her habitually drunk daughter who had the tendency to drive after being drunk, caused a minor accident two weeks back when she injured two security guards, yet chose to willingly drive after 6 pegs, because she had done it before and felt she could go scot free doing it again...
apachelongbow is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 12:44   #17868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Some more pictures of the accident. It caused a major traffic jam on NH4, and consequently jams in the city near the bypass.
That is an extremely scary accident. I would like the driver of the dumper to be convicted for causing so much of pain to others. In the end he will get away with maximum 10 years in jail, if at all he get convicted.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 13:50. Reason: Post edited. Please be sensible while posting openly on the forums! Thanks.
Old 12th June 2015, 13:00   #17869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats why mothers are to be worshipped. Please dont blame the mother here. She is doing what any mother would do. To a mother, her child is always precious. Lets keep the mother out of the discussion please.
The mother would be out of the discussion, except for a disgraceful and irresponsible statement that she has made. She is certainly to be be censured for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
So every killer's mother is right in protecting their wayward children? no matter if that 35 year old/50 year old 'child' has killed people in cold blood?
Its because of useless parents such as the mother above, that the daughter has become the monster that she is, believing that money can buy everything and might is right. Sorry!! bad parenting is the root cause of this degradation of our society, where in making money is more important than being a good person!!!
Please read that lady's statement.. it makes my blood boil.. protecting her habitually drunk daughter who had the tendency to drive after being drunk, caused a minor accident two weeks back when she injured two security guards, yet chose to willingly drive after 6 pegs, because she had done it before and felt she could go scot free doing it again...
Absolutely agree.
Old 12th June 2015, 13:26   #17870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I agree with the "love" part, but a censure here and a reprimand there are equally important.
I'm sure everyone is familiar with Aesop's fable about a thief and his mother.

For those who aren't:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taleswithmorals.com

"A young thief wanted to see his Mother, and to speak with her before he was led to execution, and of course this was granted.

When his Mother came to him he said: "I want to whisper to you," and when she brought her ear near him, he nearly bit it off.

All the bystanders were horrified, and asked him what he could mean by such brutal and inhuman conduct..

"It is to punish her," he said. "When I was young I began with stealing little things, and brought them home to Mother. Instead of rebuking and punishing me, she laughed and said: "It will not be noticed." It is because of her that I am here to-day."

"He is right, woman", said the Priest; "the Lord hath said: Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old he will not depart therefrom"

Might be a bit too harsh in this case; but I can see a parallel.

Last edited by schakravarthy : 12th June 2015 at 13:45.
schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 13:43   #17871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
That is an extremely scary accident. I would like the driver of the dumper to be convicted for causing so much of pain to others. In the end he will get away with maximum 10 years in jail, if at all he get convicted.
Would you mind waiting for the real reason to come out please?
I know the dumper drivers are troublesome elements on the road. But, looking at the scale of the incident, one should not make any assumptions. Just imagine yourself to be in that driver seat, doing a sedate 60-70, in the middle of the traffic and find that your breaks are not working. How differently would you have handled it?

PS: I am not advocating for that dumper driver. Just that, we need to establish first what the real reason is.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 13:50.
Old 12th June 2015, 14:19   #17872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Would you mind waiting for the real reason to come out please?
I know the dumper drivers are troublesome elements on the road. But, looking at the scale of the incident, one should not make any assumptions. Just imagine yourself to be in that driver seat, doing a sedate 60-70, in the middle of the traffic and find that your breaks are not working. How differently would you have handled it?

PS: I am not advocating for that dumper driver. Just that, we need to establish first what the real reason is.
I would not drive a dumper at 60 and wait for my brakes to fail. Speaking of differently, I have firsthand experience of such accidents both when I was driving my car and when I was a passenger on a STC bus .
In this case I would have crashed it against a tree or similar thing. It is a high probability that an inexperienced and may be drunk moron was over-speeding and playing with someone's life.
In any case my ranting on this forum will not make any change. People will keep on killing innocents and will keep getting away with minor or no punishment.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 16:18   #17873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I would not drive a dumper at 60 and wait for my brakes to fail. Speaking of differently, I have firsthand experience of such accidents both when I was driving my car and when I was a passenger on a STC bus .
In this case I would have crashed it against a tree or similar thing. It is a high probability that an inexperienced and may be drunk moron was over-speeding and playing with someone's life.
In any case my ranting on this forum will not make any change. People will keep on killing innocents and will keep getting away with minor or no punishment.
Can not agree more with you.
Irrespective of what we say [or don't] here, the juggernaut roles.
As none of us were in the cabin of the dumper, we are not sure what exactly happened there. [I have first had experience on a 2 wheeler where engines was raising even if I reduced the acceleration and that incident was playing on my mind when I wrote the above.]
Old 12th June 2015, 16:58   #17874
Senior - BHPian

In the context of the Audi-Maruti DUI crash in Mumbai:

http://www.firstpost.com/india/janha...s-2290856.html
Old 12th June 2015, 17:01   #17875
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Holy cow, did you guys see the latest reports on the Audi case? That girl was so sloshed she had absolutely no right to drive! Apparently, she reached Chembur, was too confused at the roundabout and turned back toward South Bombay. Only to make an illegal u-turn down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Well they are poor people residing in Bhendi Bazaar, so they will be bullied, coaxed and bribed a little into withdrawing the case
There's no question of them withdrawing the case as it's the Maharashtra State Government vs Janhavi Gadkar now. It's NOT the family's case. You can't murder someone, bribe their family and expect the law to look the other way. Gadkar has broken the law of the land and thus, it will be the government vs her.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 17:07   #17876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In the context of the Audi-Maruti DUI crash in Mumbai:

http://www.firstpost.com/india/janha...s-2290856.html
I dont support safety features in indian cars compulsory. Reason:- First they should make people calm down and teach them how to drive and follow rules. Once that problem is sorted out, road travel will automatically become safer. Making cars safer will NOT solve the Indian problem, it will only raise the bar of speeding and recklessness.

India has a habit of doing things the opposite way, for example, they promoted IT/Software first but ignored the foundation- the problem of cleanliness/toilets/infrastructure.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 17:52   #17877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Holy cow, did you guys see the latest reports on the Audi case? That girl was so sloshed she had absolutely no right to drive! Apparently, she reached Chembur, was too confused at the roundabout and turned back toward South Bombay. Only to make an illegal u-turn down the road.
I am not sure if she is human at all. From my own example, if I am sloshed, so bad that I can't stand straight, my head is spinning and I feel like throwing up, the last thing I want is to sit in my car and drive, heck even sitting inside a taxi will make me feel sick, the only thing I would want to do, is lie down somewhere, even on a park bench and wait for the sickening feeling to die down.
Under such circumstances (after 6 whisky pegs) how can anyone have enough motor skills to get into a car and drive down? She cannot be human, must be a part robot or something, and this is speaking only physically, I am sure emotionally she must be dead a long time back...
Old 12th June 2015, 18:19   #17878
BHPian

From the place where she left (hotel / bar ?) till the place of accident , were there no policemen at all ? I guess no policeman stops women for DUI checks. When ever I use my two wheeler to commute during late nights , cops stop me for routine checks , but when I use my dad's Innova , no one pulls me over . Do cops assume that people driving big MUVs and SUVs are highly connected ?

Last edited by girimajiananth : 12th June 2015 at 18:20.
Old 12th June 2015, 18:37   #17879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
From the place where she left (hotel / bar ?) till the place of accident , were there no policemen at all ? I guess no policeman stops women for DUI checks. When ever I use my two wheeler to commute during late nights , cops stop me for routine checks , but when I use my dad's Innova , no one pulls me over . Do cops assume that people driving big MUVs and SUVs are highly connected ?
No offence but two wheelers and older cars like zen, 800 etc are relatively much easier to steal compared to SUVs and the number of thefts are much much higher too. Hence the frequent crackdown.
Old 12th June 2015, 18:38   #17880
Senior - BHPian

Why don't these cream of the creamy layer populace afford to engage a chauffeur? These mighty engines are to be driven to be enjoyed, but not bad to dispose off a ~10k a month for a part time driver who is used only for these 'special occasions'?

No i am not trying to be skeptical, just really wanted to know why people are shy of engaging a chauffeur.

Or is it that everything in this country has to be crammed into the law books?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks