Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:19   #18331
BHPian

Motoroids India's Facebook page says that:
"The Hyundai Creta crash was the act of an angry mob. The story has been redirected on a request by Hyundai India."
Posting a new pic from the same "Team Fiat Moto CLub" FB page:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11779914_10153464519353704_4890967576787076593_o.jpg

There is another version for the Hyundai Creta accident story coming up from a Hyundai dealer source. They say "the actual story is one lady has hit one person on the road and villagers out of anger they toppled the car, there is nothing wrong with the car "

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd July 2015 at 18:44. Reason: On request
RavSam is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:44   #18332
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Looks like Hyundai marketing team is keeping a hawk's eye on team-bhp and all other automobile websites
i_see is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:48   #18333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
The front rim of an RS200 belonging to my friend's friend broke due to (alleged)sudden braking. I am not sure if that was the sole reason but its very scary nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
From the owner's facebook page:

Plz read it.. hi ,this is mohsin Patel I hd bought bajaj RS 200 in two months back. I had major accident with my wife n occurred losses we both r suffering from illness and we both r admitted in Hospital.
Bajaj Auto has issued a statement for the above accident:

Quote:
Bajaj Auto was informed on Wednesday, 22 July 2015 of an incident where a Pulsar RS200 was reported having a major alloy wheel breakage.

This type of incident has never happened to any Bajaj motorcycle before. We have immediately sent a team to the workshop in Mumbai to conduct a full analysis of the accident vehicle. We have also spoken to the customer to express our concern for his wellbeing and understand details of the incident.

Our initial findings are:

The alloy wheel breakage in this accident is possible only if the wheel has experienced a large external side impact. Such an impact is not possible under normal road or track riding conditions.

This is evidenced by the direction of the break and marks on tyre and rim in this case.

Our tyres on the Pulsar RS200 are P rated suitable for up to 150 kmph. The tyre-wheel combination and the entire motorcycle is designed and tested extensively to operate safely well beyond max speed.

We confirm Bajaj bikes are manufactured to the highest quality standards and are designed for safe operations. Over the past 14 years Bajaj Pulsar has earned the trust of more than 50 lakh customers in over 25 countries.
This particular statement above (in BOLD) by Bajaj Auto is contradicted by yet another pic of the defective alloy which has surfaced online:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bajajpulsar200nsalloywheelbreak.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd July 2015 at 21:56.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:17   #18334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn! If that happened to the previous-gen Jetta (which was more of a tank than the current gen), I think a Japanese car would've become invisible after such a crash.
The chances of their survival was greater had they taken the hit head on. 19 years jetta. It took me 22 years to get the first motorcycle let alone a car and i dont regret it.

Thanks to this thread, everytime i am on the road, i keep saying to myself i should never try to ruin someone else life and stick to rules.

Stick to speed limit and dont even allow hitch hikers a ride. There are so many lonely roads to try speed and stunt. All others are worthless waste of time.
VW2010 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:02   #18335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
It took me 22 years to get the first motorcycle let alone a car and i dont regret it.
Probably, its the best thing that happend to you. We will value things that we earned hard. It took me 30 years to get my first car. Even after third car, every scratch on it is painful to me.

Last edited by FORTified : 24th July 2015 at 11:03. Reason: rephrase.
FORTified is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:11   #18336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Bajaj Auto has issued a statement for the above accident:
There have been instances in the past when the Pulsar 200 (not NS but the old one) was launched. Though it was not the alloy wheels, the front shock absorbers used to crack (especially where the front brake calliper is mounted). We have a thread on it : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ill-you-2.html

Can there be a chance of alloy getting damaged after crashing into a pothole and going unnoticed. Later it breaks off while the bike is moving. We have seen several instances of Dukes, XUVs and more importantly, even in cars with light weight delicate alloys. Low profile tyres are the culprit most of the times.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 12:43   #18337
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if this awareness clip was shared before but nicely done! Highlights the importance of the seat belt, helmet and drunk driving/riding.

PS: A couple of seconds graphical collage towards the end of the video!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 18:11   #18338
Distinguished - BHPian

Two cops lose their lives in accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

The mishap took place around 2 pm at Mumbai-Pune expressway near Kamshet tunnel.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25accident1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-25car2.jpg
Quote:
Due to heavy rains that lashed the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, two policemen attached to the Mumbai Police died in an accident on the Mumbai-Pune expressway on Friday afternoon, after the driver of a Renault Duster lost control due to the mist and later fell into a 10 feet quarry. Vehicle's driver and and survivng occupant, a lawyer, are currently undergoing treatment at a Pune hospital.
http://www.mid-day.com/articles/two-...398198?src=fb/

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th July 2015 at 18:29.
Old 25th July 2015, 18:52   #18339
Senior - BHPian

Re the cops' accident, a regional newspaper reported a passing vehicle caused a spray of water on the Duster's windshield causing the driver to lose control.

That's another problem to watch out for.
Old 26th July 2015, 11:51   #18340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Motoroids India's Facebook page says that:[indent]"The Hyundai Creta crash was the act of an angry mob. The story has been redirected on a request by Hyundai.

Attachment 1394874

There is another version for the Hyundai Creta accident story coming up from a Hyundai dealer source. They say "the actual story is one lady has hit one person on the road and villagers out of anger they toppled the car, there is nothing wrong with the car "
This is one of the biggest problems of driving in India. A mob can form anytime and do anything. This kind of loutish and uncivilised behaviour leads to people fleeing the scene rather than helping the injured. Villagers are notorious for driving on the wrong side and walking on the highways without looking. I am not implying that the Hyundai driver wasn't at fault here but the aftermath faced by the driver is terrifying in this instance.
Old 26th July 2015, 12:08   #18341
Senior - BHPian

Just villagers? I see software professionals (of both genders) and residents of flats along most suburban areas in bangalore (regardless of software or not, and mostly driving expensive cars) doing much the same thing. Why single out poor villagers for that?
hserus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 12:12   #18342
Team-BHP Support

Two People lost life , near to Chandigarh on Mohali - Sihind Road last Night . No vehicle would have survived 40 Ton Plus tanker
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Old 26th July 2015, 14:34   #18343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Two People lost life , near to Chandigarh on Mohali - Sihind Road last Night . No vehicle would have survived 40 Ton Plus tanker
That is a woeful scene. Looks like the Etios has been completely squidged to the ground. It's really disheartening to see innocent lives lost due to reckless drivers. I must say that speed-limit enforcement in India is almost non-existent which if done rightly many lives could be saved.
Pferdestarke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 18:13   #18344
BHPian

Shocked over one fatality every four minutes in road accidents in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government will soon implement a road safety policy and cashless treatment for accident victims.

In his monthly 'Maan Ki Baat' radio programme, Modi said: "The statistics on road accidents in our country are shocking. There is an accident every minute. And ... there is a death every four minutes."
In view of this, the government would soon introduce a Road Transport and Safety Bill in parliament and work to implement the National Road Safety Policy and a Road Safety Action Plan, he said.

The prime minister said there would soon be a nationwide toll free number 1033 to provide information on accidents across the country.

Official statistics show 15 to 16 people in road accidents in the country every hour or nearly 380 every day. The daily toll includes 16 children.

A total of 137,000 people became road accident victims in 2013.
I wanted to start a thread on this actually but I couldn't. This is a good beginning and government should also bring in tough regulation against vehicle manufacturers for launching vehicles which have absolutely zero safety features and are structurally unstable. Mods please excuse if I have posted it in wrong thread. Please move it to a relevant thread. Thanks.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 21:56   #18345
Senior - BHPian

All this - call center, national road safety policy / action plan etc is several years old. Nothing very new at all. Just have to see whether this latest claim to implement the policy actually makes it out of a speech and onto the roads.

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=86902 from 2012 talks about "6 Es" -

Quote:
During the 12th Five Year Plan, emphasis has been given for implementation of National Road Safety Policy on 6 Es (earlier 4 Es) i.e. education, enforcement, engineering (roads), engineering (vehicles), emergency care and enactment, strengthening of institutional mechanism and important other issues like establishment of road safety database, safer vehicles, enforcement of safety laws, safety vulnerable road users road safety traffic education & training, emergency medical service for road accidents through networking of ambulance, cranes, interceptors supported by a call centre with a toll free no. operated on 24x7 basis etc.

Most Viewed