Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 22:43   #18376
BHPian

Car caught fire in Domlur. Friend sent across video and claims it was a Prado. I am not sure. I will post the video later. Anyone else got any info?

Mod Note: Please avoid SMS Language. Helps keep the forum in good health

Last edited by ampere : 31st July 2015 at 23:27. Reason: Formatted Post
KevinP is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st August 2015, 22:29   #18377
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Had a bender today: I was driving along in my W212 E250 CDI, barely 10 days old, when a freight auto-rickshaw stopped slap-bang in the middle of the (one lane) road and started reversing out of the blue. Braked hard but I just didn't have enough stopping distance to save myself completely. Rear-ended him at 20-odd kph, cracked the bumper and dented the hood. Coolant leaked out all over the place, I've no idea how the car managed to limp home. I've just sent it off on a flatbed for repairs, really dreading the upcoming bill. Must say that Mercedes' customer service has been exceptional so far, fingers crossed.
Stigissimo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 15:50   #18378
BHPian

Have just heard that a 3 car pile up on the Bangalore - Mysore road near Mandya. 1 dead and an Indica, corolla involved. Our driver just escaped the carnage. All caused by the Indica guy trying to avoid a cow on the Road.

Not sure if anyone passed through this.
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:55   #18379
Senior - BHPian

Got this on WA group. Incident happened in Mysuru leading to passing away of the rider. The rider mistook a curve and hit the divider leading to the death. Posting only the bikes' pictures.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150801wa0005.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150801wa0006.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150801wa0007.jpg

Seems this is the second incident of such kind in Mysuru in the past month.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:03   #18380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Not sure if this awareness clip was shared before but nicely done! Highlights the importance of the seat belt, helmet and drunk driving/riding. [/url]

PS: A couple of seconds graphical collage towards the end of the video!
Message "against" road safety? Really?!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd August 2015 at 20:34. Reason: Removing Youtube URL from quoted post.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:34   #18381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Message "against" road safety? Really?!
They should have titled it better, I agree. Didn't really pay attention to the title but I felt it was done quite nicely.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 07:35   #18382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Got this on WA group. Incident happened in Mysuru leading to passing away of the rider. The rider mistook a curve and hit the divider leading to the death. Posting only the bikes' pictures.

Attachment 1398359
Some more details on the above incident. Apparently it was the bike dealer who passed away.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1438567420043.jpg
SOURCE: TOI
kp1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 08:44   #18383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
Some more details on the above incident. Apparently it was the bike dealer who passed away.

Attachment 1398495
SOURCE: TOI
The news article mentions without wearing a helmet (obscured by the watermark)? R.I.P.

Yesterday we witnessed a Scooty on the road at Anand which met with an accident (we were in a rickshaw; not sure how it happened) and the lady wasn’t wearing a helmet. There was blood on the road and her broken hairclip (pained to see that). She was helped by the onlookers to the side of the road and an ambulance was rushing to the scene.
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:40   #18384
Distinguished - BHPian

Karma caught these morons faster than they expected!

http://www.motoroids.com/features/vi...ong-in-bhopal/

Quoting from the above link
Quote:
A prankster in Bhopal got hit by a Fiat Punto, while trying to practise his silly trade. It was supposed to be a ghost prank, recorded on video, wherein a bunch of morons draped in white sheets decided to scare drivers on the road by jumping in front of moving cars.

The “ghost” jumps in front of the moving Punto. Understandably, the driver panics, stops just in time, and starts reversing. Seconds later, another “ghost” jumps on the road, blocking the driver’s path from behind, even trying to jump on the car. The car stops reversing, and guns forward.

“Ghost” number one gets in the way again, this time deciding to perform a little spooky waltz. The driver, who had had enough with this nonsense, decided not to stop for the second time, ramming into the first prankster, and almost mowing him down in the process. Fortunately, he lives, with a bruised knee or two.
hemanth.anand is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:45   #18385
BHPian

I think the police should keep these kind of morons in a lock up for a day or 2 or asylum.
Why should they trouble the common man and use profanities when they are totally on the wrong side of logic.
Dieseldunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:45   #18386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Those idiots deserved this.
I appreciate the quick thinking of the Punto Driver by stopping first and reversing back only to find another idiot trying to open the door.
He has every right to run over the stupid ghost and make his escape.

In these days of various scams and looting, one cannot blame the driver for taking drastic action to safeguard against the "Ghosts"
speedmiester is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:48   #18387
BHPian

One more speed gone wrong...

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=341101

What I am amazed is putting car driver on opposite end as "speeding" What should he do if two people appear in-front of him? Shoddy journalism. I am sure Car driver now have to explain his "Dangerous/Rash" driving to court!
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:13   #18388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
One more speed gone wrong...

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_...sp?n_id=341101

What I am amazed is putting car driver on opposite end as "speeding" What should he do if two people appear in-front of him? Shoddy journalism. I am sure Car driver now have to explain his "Dangerous/Rash" driving to court!
Slightly OT:

Should the govt ban manufacturers from producing high end bikes. Unfortunately the high end bike users are not aware of the cons of going at high speed. All that they know is to rip as the bike is a powerful one. I suppose it is below their dignity to go slow with such bikes and the matter becomes even more serious if the guy's girl friend happens to be pillion.

If people cannot understand the cons of high speed, no amount of advise will penetrate into their grey matter.
It is better if the manufacturers stop producing such bikes. At least the fatalities involving such bikes will come down.
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:16   #18389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Accident on Bangalore-Mysore road. Expect a minor traffic hiccough.

The Swift rammed a stationary Eicher. The driver of the Swift is injured and was being transferred to a hospital. Luckily, he was the sole occupant of the car.
Pics and info shared by my friend Sanjeev.
It should be made mandatory for all vehicles that have broken down on the road to display the warning triangle. This would enable the drivers realize the vehicle is actually stationary.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:31   #18390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I would have done the same thing. Its really scary experience. If it were a dog or a Cow, you can understand, but a GHOST?

What if a heart patient is behind the wheel? These ghosts will just vanish and nobody will believe the victim, if he/she ever survived to tell his/her story.

Lucky, they didn't chose me as their target. Bigger the car, bigger will be the dent on the ghost. Hope they learnt their lesson.
FORTified is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed