Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 11:01   #18406
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Very sad to see the new car in this shape, I think having PPF would have saved a lot for you in this case. Anyway Turbanator mentioned do not replace the bonnet, try to cover up with a tinkering job and it should look good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
looks , you hit something in back or was it a head-on at low speeds . You should be good after change in bumper probably - try to keep original bonnet perhaps with small touching on scratches , factory alignments of such parts are little difficult at workshop besides the paint , they have habit of getting everything changed . Normally they will discourage you on such partial paint jobs but you should persist .
I hit an auto rickshaw that decided to reverse in the middle of a one-lane road in the rain. I don't think the pictures quite show it, but the hood is slightly bent at the point of impact. It doesn't close properly so I have a feeling it may have to be replaced, but I will try and get them to keep this one. Insurance is taking care of everything (or so I hope). Radiator cracked too because all the coolant leaked out.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:49   #18407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
My 10 day old E250 as mentioned earlier. It's off for repairs as we speak.
Sad to see a 10 day old beauty in this shape. Sometimes you wonder, if it make sense to drive out these wonderful machines on Indian roads full of morons.
Old 5th August 2015, 17:39   #18408
BHPian

Today Janhavi Gadkar(woman lawyer who smashed her Audi into a taxi killing two people on the spot) was released on bail after spending 58 nights in jail.
Its very sad to see women who had killed 2 people got bail. Infact police should not arrest the rich high class people who drink and drive, anyway they will get bail.
Old 5th August 2015, 18:35   #18409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today Janhavi Gadkar(woman lawyer who smashed her Audi into a taxi killing two people on the spot) was released on bail after spending 58 nights in jail.
What a pathetic state of Law and order we have in our country. She does not deserve to spend one day outside that Jail.

Money can buy anything in this country and that means getting away after killing two people.

Supreme court needs to make some changes to the way we conduct these cases and pass on the memo to rest of the courts across the country.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:54   #18410
Distinguished - BHPian

The problem is not bail. Bail is right of all till convicted. Problem is likely that even in 58 days police would not have completed investigation and filed charge sheet. Till this is done the courts do not start process of determining guilt. So the delay in police and judicial process make easy reason for bail. After all you cannot hold people under imprisonment without finishing equally fast the process of judicial completion.
sudev is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:10   #18411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Today Janhavi Gadkar(woman lawyer who smashed her Audi into a taxi killing two people on the spot) was released on bail after spending 58 nights in jail. Its very sad to see women who had killed 2 people got bail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
What a pathetic state of Law and order we have in our country. She does not deserve to spend one day outside that Jail.
IANAL, but isn't she innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? So on that basis, isn't she entitled to bail? The police have to prove reasons why bail should be rejected (e.g. the accused is a flight risk, the accused is likely to commit the crime again, etc.) otherwise I believe she can apply for bail.

If anything, the problem is not her getting bail, it is the delay in her case subsequently reaching trial and a conclusion - the wheels of justice turn slowly. That delay is nothing to her (in fact, it works in her favour) but will eat away at the victims' families and make them more likely to agree to an out of court settlement.

What the judiciary can consider doing (if reasonable and possible) is to apply some form of sanctions while granting bail. For instance, in this case, withdraw her driving license. Then again, such an act might almost seem like judging someone before a hearing.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:11   #18412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post

Its very sad to see women who had killed 2 people got bail. Infact police should not arrest the rich high class people who drink and drive, anyway they will get bail.
But sadly, this was expected right? I expected it anyway. Now, everyone will welcome her at home with laddos, sweets will be distributed to all the newspersons covering the event and she will go on to write a best-seller about the state of indian prisons. And it will be a best-seller.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:16   #18413
Senior - BHPian

My contention is with this bail itself. Caught red handed with video proof and people at the scene. I dont think this deserves a bail. But what can you do when killers like Salman roam in the street with no ill effect because he has money.

I wish there was instant karma on these killers suddenly and i will feel good about it.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:28   #18414
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post

Should the govt ban manufacturers from producing high end bikes. Unfortunately the high end bike users are not aware of the cons of going at high speed. All that they know is to rip as the bike is a powerful one.
In Kerala, guys on bullet ride it as if they are on a Pulsar.
Old 5th August 2015, 23:48   #18415
BHPian

I heard today that the son of an old family friend in Bangalore died due to head injuries received after his motorcycle collided with another in Koramangala (Bangalore). The accident took place at past midnight on July 30/31; he was in late 20s; apparently his helmet came off as he fell which no doubt contributed to the injury. Some autorickshaw drivers rushed him to St John's hospital where he passed away. Apparently the rider of the other motorcyle suffered only bruises and did not stay behind to help after the mishap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
But sadly, this was expected right? I expected it anyway. Now, everyone will welcome her at home with laddos, sweets will be distributed to all the newspersons covering the event and she will go on to write a best-seller about the state of indian prisons. And it will be a best-seller.
Unless the accused is powerful and can influence or intimidate witnesses / tamper with evidence or the investigation, no useful purpose would be served by keeping him / her behind bars. Getting bail is the norm in 70-80% of all criminal cases where arrests are made. This apart (and partly having nearly been at the receiving end of some drunk drivers in the past) I hope courts start handing out lengthy sentences in all such cases to send a message that such conduct will not be taken lightly.
Old 6th August 2015, 06:33   #18416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
I hit an auto rickshaw that decided to reverse in the middle of a one-lane road in the rain. I don't think the pictures quite show it, but the hood is slightly bent at the point of impact. It doesn't close properly so I have a feeling it may have to be replaced, but I will try and get them to keep this one. Insurance is taking care of everything (or so I hope). Radiator cracked too because all the coolant leaked out.
Sorry to hear of the accident. If the bonnet is being replaced - check if you can get the original one and convert it into a desk or a wall hanging art piece :-).
sjcherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 09:00   #18417
BHPian

got this as a watsapp forward

its not filmy but was for real, lucky nobody go hurt
Mr.Bangalore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 10:18   #18418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Slightly OT:

Should the govt ban manufacturers from producing high end bikes. .
Most countries, there are licences categories for 150cc and below and another for anything beyond that
Old 6th August 2015, 11:12   #18419
Senior - BHPian

Received on facebook.
Apparently hit a tree in Kerala.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438839592.445881.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438839636.916878.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438839666.917015.jpg
Old 6th August 2015, 12:21   #18420
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There is an accident reported in today TOI where a woman lawyer smashed her Audi into a taxi killing two people on the spot.

Unfortunately one of the deceased was the earning member of the family. The Lady it seems heavily drunk drove on the wrong side on the Mumbai Eastern freeway and smashed into an oncoming taxi headon. The front two passengers of the taxi including the driver were killed whereas the lady escaped unhurt thanks to the air bags in the Audi. The lady has been charged under several sections of the IPC and the Motor Act, will face 10 yrs rigorous imprisonment if convicted.
Unfortunately, this same lady has been granted bail today after depositing a paltry sum of Rs.30,000 as surety. It was mentioned in today's edition of TOI, Bangalore. I am sure she will now work towards getting out of this situation scot-free.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2015 at 12:32. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.

Most Viewed