Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 15:57   #18571
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This is news to me,
So how do they know if you are overspeeding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Not sure about the blacklisting part, but you do get a 500 rupees penalty for over-speeding. The sad part is, one instance or many, the fine stays at 500.
Here is the LINK
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-zoomcar-screengrab.png  

treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 16:41   #18572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
yesterday while returning from my in-laws place which is around 160 kms from hyderabad ,felt so frustrated with fellow road users driving antics , tailgating , over taking inspite of binkers being on from both sides even when there is very little gap between cars , continous honking to give way . All these i observed are from smaller diesel cars i10 grand ,i20,swifts and polo's ,while i am at 100 in my scorpio which is the limit in these roads these cars are zooming around at breakneck speed trying to outrun each other .
That's India for you. If I ever leave India, the #1 reason will be the traffic and road manners.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 17:26   #18573
BHPian

This happened yesterday evening at about 6.25 p.m. on NH8 on the 'Dharuhera to Gurgaon' stretch. Couldn't get the details since the police did not let the vehicles stop. An ambulance had arrived by the time I got to the scene. Sad.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3062.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_3063.jpg
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:12   #18574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This is news to me, so I looked it up.

So how do they know if you are overspeeding? They seem to have GPS hardware installed in the cars. Their privacy policy doesn't explicitly say that they track your speed, but what they have listed there seems to me is capable of doing it.

"Vehicles will contain hardware that gathers and transmits information about vehicle use" - "we track the location of your vehicle"
I have been incorrectly fined ₹500 once for overspeeding. Apparently the guy who booked the Zoomcar XUV after me decided to speedtest the car in a village neighboring Gurgaon to 144 kmph. I later got an automated email stating the time of speeding violation, the speed itself and latitude-longitude of the car at the time of the incidence. Probably indicates they detect speed from the GPS installed in the cars.

It took two phone calls from me to get them to reverse the fine after I explained my booking was already over at the time of overspeeding.
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:50   #18575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Around one year back, I traveled from Pune to my hometown via HYD. I felt more at ease on the two-lane Solapur-HYD road than the 4-lane HYD-BZA highway.
It was as if all hell broke loose. WagonRs trying to squeeze themselves between a 18-wheeler and my Punto, honking, irritating. Altos whizzing past by in zig-zag fashion.

Add to that I didn't think that state-run transport buses were so rash. I was a big fan of their drivers with all their's experience behind them. But it looks like it's all the past now. I was woken up to the reality when all sort of Super Luxurys, Indras and all sort of State Transport buses go so fast, so threateningly.
I can understand your feelings. I had driven a Wagon-R from HYD to Mumbai a week after Diwali in 2008, and the experience was exactly the same as you have described. The road is so narrow that either you keep crawling behind a slow moving truck or cross over to the wrong side for overtaking.
Old 3rd September 2015, 12:14   #18576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Is that blood on passengers door?
Could be. Could also be paan stains. Not verifiable without forensic examination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Was this Scorpio run under truck on NH8?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
...did you see the accident happen in front of your eyes?
Without a firsthand view...
Accident/crash reconstruction is an exact science. Eyewitnesses (like member purohitanuj above) also corroborate what happened.
Quote:
...distinguish a one-off mistake from "not knowing how to drive". Even the best of batsmen once in a blue moon, get out on the first ball they face in an innings.
Driving safely on public roads is not comparable with cricket (or for that matter, motorsports), where risks are knowingly taken. The standing mandate for driving on public roads in general is to minimize any risk to self and others. However, while driving on public roads, if one takes risks unknowingly, the conclusion stands that one does not know how to drive.
SS-Traveller is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:44   #18577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Driving safely on public roads is not comparable with cricket (or for that matter, motorsports), where risks are knowingly taken. The standing mandate for driving on public roads in general is to minimize any risk to self and others. However, while driving on public roads, if one takes risks unknowingly, the conclusion stands that one does not know how to drive.
Depends. When we are assessing that over the internet, without having seen the said driver in action for atleast a few minutes (understood the context!), I doubt we can be so confident - infact I'd go so far as to say that its a grey area, with me biased towards a one-off mistake vs your bias that its almost certainly a persistent flaw.

I don't see it as black and white, esp in our chaotic environment. We may never know the truth - so maybe to each their own takeaways!

It is indeed more likely that the said person did "not know how to drive (defensively)", but I think there's a difference between a one-off error of judgement and systematic errors in judgement.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:51   #18578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
. They started negotiating from 6 lakhs per body. Finally they Charged 6 lakhs for two and when the body was recovered, all the gold jewelry was missing.
This is so painful to read...never in my wildest of dreams I imagined human race would go down so much..- animals are more dignified. period!

Last edited by gabrielthomas : 3rd September 2015 at 23:54.
gabrielthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 00:34   #18579

Came across these pics on FB. Judging from the upload date, the accident seems to have taken place in the month of march:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1441306963180.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1441306985217.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1441306995887.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th September 2015 at 07:02. Reason: Please be sensitive when uploading pictures on the forum.
Old 4th September 2015, 07:37   #18580
Senior - BHPian

Re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
This is so painful to read...never in my wildest of dreams I imagined human race would go down so much..- animals are more dignified. period!
Its demand vs suppy. There is a movie in tamizh called Kazhugu which portrays the life of such workers.

I wish our we take neccessary steps to first not put ourselves or our family in danger.

Life jacket is a must when you know swimming in places like hoggenakkal and imagine my stance for those who dont know swimming.

Why would you risk 12,14 year olds life to take a ride in that clearly defined ride called death.

It makes no sense to me to put our kid s life in risk in such a scenario and worst case the parents didnt know swimming.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 09:10   #18581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-06 View Post
Came across these pics on FB. Judging from the upload date, the accident seems to have taken place in the month of march:
Sad. No active passive protective system would protect occupants in such case. Only a proper Under Run Protection Bar would have saved the day.

Looks like driver was sleeping behind the wheel.

I do not see any brakes marks. Looking at the depth "penetration" this is most likely cause.

Could ABS be the cause for this absence of brake marks even when driver applied brakes? Even if so I would have expected some angle to impact alignment as the driver tried steering "away" to save.
Old 4th September 2015, 10:39   #18582
Senior - BHPian

Street racing and biker stunts claims another victim in Bangalore.

Biker-doing-a-wheelie-kills-70-year-old

I would not be sad if the biker had died instead of the innocent victim.
These bikers are an absolute nuisance and are a danger on our already pathetic roads.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 10:46   #18583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Sad. No active passive protective system would protect occupants in such case. Only a proper Under Run Protection Bar would have saved the day.

Looks like driver was sleeping behind the wheel.

I do not see any brakes marks. Looking at the depth "penetration" this is most likely cause.

Could ABS be the cause for this absence of brake marks even when driver applied brakes? Even if so I would have expected some angle to impact alignment as the driver tried steering "away" to save.
This was discussed in detail in this same thread in March. Here's the link to the post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3669573
Horizon81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 13:14   #18584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
This was discussed in detail in this same thread in March. Here's the link to the post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3669573
I'm certainly not asking anybody to to go through 18,000-plus posts before adding to this thread, but I have an idea: when people notice a repeat, perhaps it could be reported to the mods who might take the decision to delete it?

Just an idea.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 14:24   #18585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm certainly not asking anybody to to go through 18,000-plus posts before adding to this thread, but I have an idea: when people notice a repeat, perhaps it could be reported to the mods who might take the decision to delete it?

Just an idea.
Certainly Thad, if that's an option for reporting. This thread along with the tasteful/wierd and whacky mods' thread are the ones that see a large number of re-runs. This particular post caught my eye and just wanted to point to the earlier discussion.

, but I just had to drag and drop the new post's image to google's image search to find the link to the earlier discussion.
Horizon81 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks