Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Others' views may vary.
And just who might these 'others' be?
I would hate to be in that number!
Old 19th September 2015, 20:19   #18677
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

The incidence of the cars-must-withstand-anything attitude is so widespread, and seen so often on this thread, that I didn't want to point to any person or post, but this is the one that drew me into this particular discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I think you are right. I think this is a fall onto NICE road from a fly-over above.

And this is the what the largest selling sedan by a huge margin looks like from a safety perspective. Its soon becoming like the airlines, you get into an accident, you pay with your life
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 13:40   #18678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Got these pictures from a Whatsapp group. No concrete idea about the cause of the accident or the fate of occupants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
God Almighty! How on earth can a car be so mangled? Engine, suspension, everything has come apart. Body shell is amazingly intact though; hopefully only minor injuries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I almost wonder if the car either went off a ramp, or landed hard from some height. There's grevious damage to the suspension, the engine is sheared off its mounts - the latter indicates high G forces. In comparison, the body shell doesn't seem as damaged as one would expect in a collision, and seems relatively intact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
^^^
Exactly seems to be that. Like it fell from the sky.
Looking at the bottom of the body, it has expanded , all the wheel and suspension shot .
The front cross member and engine looks like it popped out on impact.

Very curious on how this occurred.
Looks like NICE road from the concrete surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
IF that's the BSK-Sompura stretch of NICE Road, this could very well be a high-speed flip across a divider (that stretch has some very juicy sweeping elevation changing corners and I've seen plenty of idiots ripping under-tired contraptions here) OR possibly a fall from one of the overhead passes over the NICE corridor (Uttarahalli Road?).

All conjecture of course and this could be somewhere/something else entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I think you are right. I think this is a fall onto NICE road from a fly-over above.

And this is the what the largest selling sedan by a huge margin looks like from a safety perspective. Its soon becoming like the airlines, you get into an accident, you pay with your life
I passed the location around an hour after the accident occurred(from what i could gather from the NICE official manning the traffic) . What the picture does not show is the tipper on the other side of the divider going towards Sompura. This Dzire was speeding down the decline towards PES exit and lost control for whatever reason,jumped the divider hit the tipper travelling on the other side, bounced back again. Do not know about any causality.

This happened 1 km before the PES exit toll booth. There is a 1.5 km downward slope leading to the exit which tempts drivers to give pedal to metal.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 21st September 2015 at 13:44.
sagarpadaki is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 17:24   #18679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
This happened 1 km before the PES exit toll booth. There is a 1.5 km downward slope leading to the exit which tempts drivers to give pedal to metal.
That stretch is turning into a drag-racers' paradise with each passing day. I live within earshot of that area, and it's a nightmare sometimes with hooligan bikers and drivers with modded exhaust contraptions ripping into the silent night well into the odd hours. The expressway folks seem unable or unwilling to shut this idiocy down
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:07   #18680
BHPian

Now this is one accident which I wish none has to ever witness.

Imagine happily milling around on your machine, and a snake raises its head from the dashboard

(Received these pics on watsapp group)
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-811825418_135484.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-812234197_64956.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150921wa0015.jpg  

Gotham_City is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:13   #18681
Senior - BHPian

I visited the Tat Body Shop at Mysore and saw these two Indicas in a really bad shape. Wonder what happened to them and the occupants. These pictures make me never to go in an Indica cab ever again.

One thing common to both cars were bald tyres.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150921_125211.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150921_125244.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150921_125622.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:46   #18682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post

Imagine happily milling around on your machine, and a snake raises its head from the dashboard

(Received these pics on watsapp group)
Woah! That's a CBR 650F! Looks like the rider panicked upon seeing the snake and dropped the bike. This must be Thailand or Indonesia, surely not India.
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:28   #18683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post

I don't have pictures but I witnessed a similar incident in front on the Durgam Cheruvu road (going from Inorbit Mall towards Mindspace) in HiTech here in Hyderabad about 4 years back. This was around lunch time, 1:30pm. A biker was riding slowly in front on the left side of the road about 75-100 mtrs in front when suddenly he literally jumped out of his bike and fell down on the road. He got up fast enough for me to see that he was not injured. There was very little traffic, other than me and few other bikes who slowed and stopped. As my office was close by, I parked my car and went back out to see what happened. By then there was a bigger crowd and I learnt that there was a snake in the bike which made the guy scoot from the bike (one other version I heard was that a snake was crossing the road just as he was passing by and darted towards his leg.)! He was not injured other than scrapes and bruises. Now I did not see the snake when this happened but if he had parked near Inorbit Mall, then that part of the road was pretty empty with rocky barren land 4 years back, which makes the story plausible.
DriverR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:07   #18684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Woah! That's a CBR 650F! Looks like the rider panicked upon seeing the snake and dropped the bike. This must be Thailand or Indonesia, surely not India.
Yup, not India for sure.
One more reason to gear up, stay safe from snake bites.
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:25   #18685
Senior - BHPian

Saw this tanker on nearing Hassan from Bangalore, last week .
Both the sides of the expressway had marks of oil spill and the divider was ripped clean of grass.

The approach was a long slope from both sides. Looks like it did few somersaults before coming to a rest.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150919wa0017.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 22nd September 2015 at 16:31.
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:17   #18686
Senior - BHPian

I guess GTO has mentioned in one of his Jeep threads about an encounter he had with a snake and consequently the hazards of an open vehicle.
On YouTube there is a video of a snake coiled under the bonnet in a South African safari.

About the smashed up Indicas and not riding in an Indica cab again and about Thad E Ginathom's post, I think we expect the car to compensate for our stupidity. Too much to expect.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:21   #18687
BHPian

Saw an accident near Chittoor last Sunday, some bike was flipped and a person with blood drenched shirt pulled into an ambulance (seems unconsious). Didnt stop as there was an ambulance already and was with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Is life so cheap ? Why is that the so called top brasses never bother about the condition/safety of the public transport ? Or is it a skill problem ? I mean would an IPS/IAS officer be the right fit always to run a transport corporation ? With the advent of Ola/Uber etc, i think they should start looking at such partnerships to run public transport - government should provide guidelines on safety, condition of the bus etc. Government need not run everything and create avenues for leakage of tax payers money.
I would take such an idea with tons of salt. Though private buses are maintained better, they are "driven" much more rash. Not to mention the bus stop hogs they do and the attitude. Last, not least, private buses would serve only the "juicy" routes and not all the needs.
babu.sundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 09:53   #18688
Distinguished - BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443068478.364702.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443068502.308582.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443068515.162891.jpg

Saw this at service center today at Sireesh Auto, Singasandra. No casualties. Reason - hit a tree. Why and how, only the driver knows.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:33   #18689

Sent by whatsapp by a friend. This happened at naya raipur, three law students (two girls and a guy), returning from a birthday party. Toyota was supposedly hit by another vehicle first, toppled over to other side of divider. All of them succumbed to injuries. Another pic is there which is explicit, so didn't post it. Here is the news article..

http://www.dailypioneer.com/state-ed...serikheri.html

Moderators' Note: Attachments removed. Please refrain from posting gory images depicting blood and dead bodies on the thread.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th September 2015 at 16:32.
akshat15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 21:55   #18690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Saw this tanker on nearing Hassan from Bangalore, last week .
Both the sides of the expressway had marks of oil spill and the divider was ripped clean of grass.

The approach was a long slope from both sides. Looks like it did few somersaults before coming to a rest.
The condition of this tanker makes me think that it has been lying in this position for years! - the truth is, this is the condition in which our tankers are being driven around
gabrielthomas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks