Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 18:45   #18931
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

I have a feeling this is a fabricated story. As far as I know there is no Max hospital in Vadodara. I stayed there from 2012-2015 for my MD. Even google seems to agree with me on this.
So your story seems to be not so true. If it is, then it is sad that you are posting it here and didn't tell the police. Also I am surprised that the hospital authority and cops did not ask you about the incident when you took the victims to the hospital.

Last edited by drmohitg : 16th October 2015 at 18:54.
drmohitg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 18:57   #18932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Read your own posts and understand the contradiction. At one place you have written that your colleague didn't even settle the bills, and at other place you talk about compensation and job (we aren't even getting to whom and where). If the victim was driving without license then how would he get the insurance sum is another point that doesn't quite seem right.

Is this even a true event? It seems more like an exaggerated account of some other accident that you might have seen.
It is very much of a true event, rather incident, Biraj. Yes, he refused to settle the bills and then we all footed some amount in the same and finally settled it. But when the shackles of law came to nab him, he was ready to shell the cash. So, he paid not only to the police, but to the survivors as well.

Insurance :- Do you really think that insurance people would be told the blow by blow account of the same.

Job :- By the Gujrat Government to the survivors. Or else who would give to whom?
Old 16th October 2015, 19:03   #18933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
I do not have a picture to post here showing the accident but will narrate the incident as a prime eye witness.
The concerned highway authorities took the mangled Lancer away and subsequently the driver-owner brought his Lancer back from the police station. 'How could he', is anybody's guess.
We all got to know that the deceased was a poor peasant who didn't had a driving licence and the fabricated story told to police was that the rider collided with the animal and not his car. This fellow went merciless and devilish to an extent that he even refused to settle the hospital bills.

Later, we all learnt that the Lancer was a second hand purchase from Indore worth just 60,000 INR. He poured in some money and got it repaired from a local garage and still drives it without an ounce of guilt.
Someone who drives a 60000 INR worth car can settle with police that quickly? Somewhere things do not add up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Read your own posts and understand the contradiction. At one place you have written that your colleague didn't even settle the bills, and at other place you talk about compensation and job (we aren't even getting to whom and where). If the victim was driving without license then how would he get the insurance sum is another point that doesn't quite seem right.

Is this even a true event? It seems more like an exaggerated account of some other accident that you might have seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have a feeling this is a fabricated story.
Agree!
babu.sundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 19:07   #18934
BHPian

Quote:
It is very much of a true event, rather incident, Biraj. Yes, he refused to settle the bills and then we all footed some amount in the same and finally settled it. But when the shackles of law came to nab him, he was ready to shell the cash. So, he paid not only to the police, but to the survivors as well.

Insurance :- Do you really think that insurance people would be told the blow by blow account of the same.

Job :- By the Gujrat Government to the survivors. Or else who would give to whom?
Do you actually understand what you are talking about?

The government wont come out and give a job to his family, unless he is a government employee which doesn't change the incident.

And yes, the insurance people in case of life insurance matters do take a blow by blow account of the same.
And in case they did, they also see the police report which doesn't add up.
Because, AFAIK you can't claim when you are driving and you don't have a license.

There's no Max Hospital in Vadodra as pointed out.
And please, stop defending your actions by telling us that you and your friends paid for the incident.

The fact is someone out there lost his life, and the accused is roaming free because of you not telling the police that this man hit the biker.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 19:17   #18935
BHPian

Quote:
I have a feeling this is a fabricated story. As far as I know there is no Max hospital in Vadodara. I stayed there from 2012-2015 for my MD. Even google seems to agree with me on this.
So your story seems to be not so true. If it is, then it is sad that you are posting it here and didn't tell the police. Also I am surprised that the hospital authority and cops did not ask you about the incident when you took the victims to the hospital.
With this question of your's, you have forced me to put a picture of the Hospital which I will be doing as and when I go back to Vadorara again in November. Even I am surprised that google also doesn't show it. Be rest assured, I will be putting a picture.
And yes, Hospital authorities didn't question me, I guess they were too busy attending to the patients and cops didn't question me because they didn't turn up at the hospital till late evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Someone who drives a 60000 INR worth car can settle with police that quickly? Somewhere things do not add up!

Agree!
This car which was worth 60,000 INR was only to add some bling. Cars like these are generally not the mainstream car of the family. Owner also gets a good salary.

@ Devilwearsprada :- I can not force the police to do it's work the way it is supposed to be done. Survivors of a poor deceased were silenced and police bought up. You may or may not trust it but don't you think that talking like cock and bull serves none of my purpose on this online forum, so I would rather not fabricate a story and type here.\

And Folks, I have just confirmed, it was Metro Hospital near the Sama-Harni road right next to KV No-2 and not Max Hospital. My mistake on this, I admit and apologies for the same.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th February 2019 at 11:13. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 16th October 2015, 20:08   #18936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And yes, Hospital authorities didn't question me, I guess they were too busy attending to the patients and cops didn't question me because they didn't turn up at the hospital till late evening.
I don't know what to say. The case will straight away become a medicolegal case and they would talk to you. Its not possible that they were all busy treating patients. Anyways I am no judge here. The only way to make everyone believe your narrative here is to post a picture.
Old 16th October 2015, 20:33   #18937
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know what to say. The case will straight away become a medicolegal case and they would talk to you. Its not possible that they were all busy treating patients. Anyways I am no judge here. The only way to make everyone believe your narrative here is to post a picture.
Dr. Mohit, When I reached the hospital, I was not the only one. They did talk but then there were too many people giving narratives,saying they came along with the victim. Doctor dialed the last dialed number from the victim's phone and informed him about the accident. I must say that I was in a state of shock to see the entire sequence of events unfolding there. Police didn't turn up till late evening. I had other things to take care of, so I left and certainly hospital didn't stop me.

And yes, I admit my mistake with the name of the hospital. It was Metro Hospital, it's on Harni road and comes on the way while ones drives to the Faculty of Vehicle technology. Since you have lived there for around 3 years, I am sure you can relate.

And you see, I was driving when this accident took place. I certainly didn't take photographs on the spot and if I post the Lancer's photograph parked in the parking lot, it doesn't serve the purpose of veracity. Nonetheless, here is the ill-fated car, before the accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11414608_915801835146642_672796951_n.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2015 at 13:52. Reason: Fixing typo
cruising_rapid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 11:21   #18938
BHPian

Near Rainbow hospital, Bangalore. Friend shared with a comment that the tree is safe ! Not sure of the victims, drive safe !
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20151016wa0020-1.jpg  

Old 17th October 2015, 11:50   #18939
BHPian

@cruising_rapid

I wonder why you posted this "incident" on this forum. Is it genuine concern or garnering sympathy or what?

If it is being treated as an "incident" now and not an "accident", I am inclined to believe that a lot of facts have been either not reported here in full or has been tweaked to make a good reading.

None the less. It is sad that educated folks like you actually aid in worsening the already sad system.

I would have gone to the cops and if that did not work as you claim, the press. Why would I want a killer to go scot free?

May the departed soul rest in peace and may god help the family get through the tough time.
Old 17th October 2015, 22:00   #18940
Senior - BHPian

While its easy to preach others, I can see that the "learned and educated" folks haven't mentioned the point even once that the two-wheeler rider didn't had DL.

While driving themselves, the same "learned and educated" folks would endlessly write as to how the Govt. shouldn't be allowing drivers without DLs, one has to be extra careful while passing through villages on highways, etc.

Neither I am justifying the incident but can't digest that ALL of us chose to "look other way" at the fact of driving without DL.

Also if 'not looked morally' what are the real chances in the court of law if the driver's lawyers come out full guns blazing, my guess is may be three months imprisonment after 10-15 years of battle. Sad but true state of affairs.

Also if someone wants to have real idea as to whose side police takes generally, we have many stories on T-BHP itself.

This is my observation, won't be arguing further.
carwatcher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 22:46   #18941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I must say that I was in a state of shock to see the entire sequence of events unfolding there. Police didn't turn up till late evening. I had other things to take care of, so I left and certainly hospital didn't stop me.
Firstly, this whole story is irrelevant to the thread which states pictures of accidents in india.

In the meanwhile before the mods do the necessary action, my doubt in this story is how did a detailing center agree to clean up all the stains so easily? Not sure if you have exagerated, but if the person had bled severely such that he couldnt survive the day, and there was his son too, who was hurt, it looks like there was considerable amount of stains.

If I were the shop owner, I will have never agreed to clean up blood stains without getting official proof of what happened and stuff. Big risk to take.
Old 17th October 2015, 23:13   #18942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
my doubt in this story is how did a detailing center agree to clean up all the stains so easily? Not sure if you have exagerated, but if the person had bled severely such that he couldnt survive the day, and there was his son too, who was hurt, it looks like there was considerable amount of stains.

If I were the shop owner, I will have never agreed to clean up blood stains without getting official proof of what happened and stuff. Big risk to take.
This question can be best answered by "Express car wash, Vadodara." You may please contact them.
Old 18th October 2015, 00:58   #18943
Senior - BHPian

In industrial towns & cities, cars driving in with blood stains is not given much thought. People and machines when put together make for some very gory mishaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Old 18th October 2015, 01:45   #18944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
While its easy to preach others, I can see that the "learned and educated" folks haven't mentioned the point even once that the two-wheeler rider didn't had DL.
In the circumstances, it is insignificant.

Anyway, he can't be prosecuted for it because he is dead.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 04:19   #18945
Senior - BHPian

I was suggesting about the prosecution of the Car driver and not the unfortunate 2-wheeler rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In the circumstances, it is insignificant.
Anyway, he can't be prosecuted for it because he is dead.

Most Viewed