Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 12:22   #18946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I was suggesting about the prosecution of the Car driver and not the unfortunate 2-wheeler rider.
The driver is one lucky "B". Getting away with homicide without any penalties.

OT: If Salman Khan gets to know of this story.. This guy will be worshipped.
Old 18th October 2015, 12:47   #18947
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
I do not have a picture to post here showing the accident but will narrate the incident as a prime eye witness.

We were a group of 14 colleagues who on the lazy Sunday afternoon of 9 August 2015 decided to go from Baroda to Pavagarh. Two cars including mine(Rapid 1.6 TDI), a Mitsubishi Lancer and a total of Four Bikes were going on that Baroda-Halol Highway and there it all started.

Life went on for all of us, but I still feel that this was an exemplification of justice denied to a poor family. For 30-35 minutes, he was declining, loosing breath in my car.God bless his soul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Read your own posts and understand the contradiction. At one place you have written that your colleague didn't even settle the bills, and at other place you talk about compensation and job (we aren't even getting to whom and where). If the victim was driving without license then how would he get the insurance sum is another point that doesn't quite seem right.

Is this even a true event? It seems more like an exaggerated account of some other accident that you might have seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have a feeling this is a fabricated story. As far as I know there is no Max hospital in Vadodara. I stayed there from 2012-2015 for my MD. Even google seems to agree with me on this.
So your story seems to be not so true. If it is, then it is sad that you are posting it here and didn't tell the police. Also I am surprised that the hospital authority and cops did not ask you about the incident when you took the victims to the hospital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Someone who drives a 60000 INR worth car can settle with police that quickly? Somewhere things do not add up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Do you actually understand what you are talking about?

The government wont come out and give a job to his family, unless he is a government employee which doesn't change the incident.

There's no Max Hospital in Vadodra as pointed out.
And please, stop defending your actions by telling us that you and your friends paid for the incident.

The fact is someone out there lost his life, and the accused is roaming free because of you not telling the police that this man hit the biker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I don't know what to say. The case will straight away become a medicolegal case and they would talk to you. Its not possible that they were all busy treating patients. Anyways I am no judge here. The only way to make everyone believe your narrative here is to post a picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
@cruising_rapid

I wonder why you posted this "incident" on this forum. Is it genuine concern or garnering sympathy or what?

I would have gone to the cops and if that did not work as you claim, the press. Why would I want a killer to go scot free?

May the departed soul rest in peace and may god help the family get through the tough time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If I were the shop owner, I will have never agreed to clean up blood stains without getting official proof of what happened and stuff. Big risk to take.
I am surprised that everybody is questioning "cruising_rapid" for the authenticity of his posts!

I do not see any reason to not believe what he has said. A group of friends travelling together with one reckless driver, who has an accident. Our BHPian chooses to attend the victims and take them to the hospital.

I am honestly surprised to see him being grilled on the below -
  • How was the car cleaned when it had blood stains? Seriously! Do you think that the law and order in India is so perfect that a local car wash guy will ask for a FIR before cleaning a car with blood stains?
  • There is no such hospital! Agreed, "cruising_rapid" made a mistake in the name of the hospital. Does that really make the whole post unbelievable?
  • Person drives a 60,000 INR car... how can he afford the bribe? What are we expecting here... the driver's bank statement?
I do not understand why "cruising_rapid" would take the effort to compile such a "fake" story! What does he gain/benefit with this?

Cross your hearts and tell me, how many of you will stop and help an accident victim? I am happy that a BHPian tried his best to save a person even though he was not involved in the first place. Regarding going to the police and getting involved with FIR, being a witness, etc. is his personal choice.

You either believe a post or you don't, but please do not insult somebody by asking them for proofs and evidences.

P.S.: I posted my personal opinion on the above posts, no offence intended to anyone.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 18th October 2015 at 12:51.
raj_5004 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 12:48   #18948
Senior - BHPian

We had a case in Goa where none other than nephew of Mr. Anand Mahindra got killed.
Google it and you will be surprised to see the role of Goa Police who went all the wrong way to ensure that the killer driver is roaming scot free. As usual that incident also ended up with the famous line, "the car driver was arrested and immediately released on bail."

Not against anyone, but I wonder what purpose did Cruising Rapid achieve by posting this incident, was it that he is feeling lighter now, or that's all what he could do without harming anybody including himself, or to reassure all of us that how the system actually works which we already are well aware of. I politely request him to answer this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
The driver is one lucky "B". Getting away with homicide without any penalties.

OT: If Salman Khan gets to know of this story.. This guy will be worshipped.
P.S.: raj_5004, completely agree with your post.

Last edited by carwatcher : 18th October 2015 at 12:53.
Old 18th October 2015, 14:28   #18949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
While you did the right thing by taking that man and his son to hospital, it doesn't absolve you of the crime you committed by staying quiet despite being an eye-witness
If the victim' family doesn't want to file a case, what can the witness do?
Quote:
Not against anyone, but I wonder what purpose did Cruising Rapid achieve by posting this incident, was it that he is feeling lighter now, or that's all what he could do without harming anybody including himself, or to reassure all of us that how the system actually works which we already are well aware of. I politely request him to answer this.
May the OP's posts belong to this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...erson-law.html

Last edited by msdivy : 18th October 2015 at 14:31.
Old 18th October 2015, 14:39   #18950

I guess "cruising_rapid" just wrote it in a flow as may be his writing style may be similar to those special evening "masala" newspapers style.
He has done whatever is possible from his side under those tense moments. Yes, he might have gone a bit overboard in his writing, but I feel there is not much that he can do about the same.

And the Lancer guy being his colleague, and knowing the Indian law & order system, he cannot spend his life to bring his colleague to prison.

So I guess we should park his story and stop criticizing him.
binish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 15:15   #18951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While its easy to preach others, I can see that the "learned and educated" folks haven't mentioned the point even once that the two-wheeler rider didn't had DL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In the circumstances, it is insignificant.

Anyway, he can't be prosecuted for it because he is dead.
Quote:
I was suggesting about the prosecution of the Car driver and not the unfortunate 2-wheeler rider.
So what is the relevance? He was killed by rash and dangerous driving. He might have been a pedestrian, or a pedal-cyclist, but he was driving a motorised vehicle, and his lack of licence doesn't seem very relevant, especially as there has been no suggestion that the accident was in any way his fault.

Had he lived, it might have made it impossible for him to claim insurance on the wrecked bike. That's all.

Or else I'm not following your line of reasoning on this one?

(always a possibility)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
If the victim' family doesn't want to file a case, what can the witness do?
Until the system is radically changed so that the law operates on the facts, and not whether or not anybody has filed a complaint about the facts --- probably nothing.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 16:07   #18952
Senior - BHPian

Accidents in India - PICS

Got this from my friend via whatsapp

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445164744.379950.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445164760.817038.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5784.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_5785.jpg

Last edited by ecenandu : 18th October 2015 at 16:16.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 16:24   #18953
BHPian

That's no way to drive a TR new vehicle. Without circumstances known one can definitely state 2 things
The cost of the drive is not as material as the cost of good driving
Secondly a vehicle not yet registered is taken for a high speed performance why so.
Even 2 extra eyes on the bus could not stop the accident.
Old 18th October 2015, 16:30   #18954
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh that is a sad sight. Wonder how aweful it must feel to see your "yet to be registered" Mercedes in that shape. From the looks of it, the GLA took the hit very well given that the Bus shows considerable damage. Does this have any chance of repairs? It looks like a total loss case to me.
Old 18th October 2015, 16:41   #18955
Senior - BHPian

Who knows it might be a TD gone awry.
Old 18th October 2015, 17:24   #18956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Firstly, this whole story is irrelevant to the thread which states pictures of accidents in india.

Absolutely. Actually this thread strongly proves that people these days can argue on just about anything, just about anytime, all the time. And to hell with the thread title. That's the mods' headache anyway, is it not? So let the theories roll!

I bet 10 accident pics that someone is going to argue about what I just said too. Just wait. Here it comes.......
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 23:23   #18957
BHPian

Saw this in Bhopal today, wondering how the car jumped barricades and entered inside BRTS Corridor. But one thing is sure, neither driver nor passenger was wearing seat belt. I am not aware nor interested in knowing current status of both, just wish that God give them another chance.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2540.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_2546.jpg
rkhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 00:00   #18958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I bet 10 accident pics that someone is going to argue about what I just said too. Just wait. Here it comes.......

The real point of accidents is the lessons to be learnt. Without that, it is just a wrecks gallery.

Naturally, not everyone agrees with those lessons, and some may even, occasionally, find them unpalatable. Never-ending competitive guess-work forensics? Well, no I'm not so keen on that either. There's a middle line. Sometimes the mods have to point us back to it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 08:07   #18959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

The real point of accidents is the lessons to be learnt. Without that, it is just a wrecks gallery.
Yeah totally agree on this point. If we are just rubber-necking at this forum and not learning anything from it, I think we are doing the wrong thing.

Last edited by naveenroy : 19th October 2015 at 08:11.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 08:45   #18960
Senior - BHPian

While the thread title does say Pics, a narration of a live accident and its aftermath definitely belong here, as the point is not just post pics but to try to understand and learn.

Of course there will be, and should be, occasional debates over the matter or the opinions posted here.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed