Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 17:00   #19306
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Not an accident, but possibility of an accident. Glad that in the end everything was fine (bus at 45s onwards)

What if the road had collapsed under the water? The driver of the bus was driving blind

Last edited by msdivy : 4th December 2015 at 17:01.
msdivy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 17:35   #19307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Not an accident, but possibility of an accident. Glad that in the end everything was fine (bus at 45s onwards)

What if the road had collapsed under the water? The driver of the bus was driving blind
I am pretty sure the driver got a hero status and the ones inside also got a "thrill" ride. While i do understand the travelers would have been desperate to reach the destination, are these risks worth it ?
Old 4th December 2015, 17:44   #19308
BHPian

There was a civic wrecked at NH 24 in the wee hours of the morning. Traffic was backed up till the sec 63 signal. The Civic was resting on the electricity pole suggesting that the driver was driving at a good speed and lost control
Old 4th December 2015, 21:15   #19309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
... The Civic was resting on the electricity pole suggesting that the driver was driving at a good speed and lost control
If indeed the car was resting ON the electricity pole, it suggests that the driver was flying low and lost control!
anupmathur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 21:26   #19310
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder how that bus managed to wade through the water which nearly drowned it to the level of windshield .

With the water level being above the air intake which is very much evident at 1:05 in the video, the bus would've sustained a hydro-lock.
Old 4th December 2015, 22:14   #19311
BHPian

A joyride turned fateful for a young teenager. He stole his dad's swift dzire key and along with his friend went for a joy ride. As per reports, a rashly driven taxi (another dzire) rammed the car from behind. The driver reportedly panicked, pressed the accelerator instead of brake losing the control of the car. The car rammed an electrical pole vertically killing the teenage driver instantly. His friend sustained injuries and is in hospital. The blurred part of the image is the teenage driver struck in the car.

The police who visited the site found parts of the car that did not match the teenage driver car. After hunting in the local area, the police found the abandoned taxi dzire with its front fully smashed.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-soul1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-soul2.jpg

In another accident, a huge boulder rolled from a hill. The bus driver managed to control the bus narrowly missing the boulder. some passengers were injured. Lucky day for the bus as the boulder did not land on the bus.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus2.jpg
Sarvodaya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 22:37   #19312
BHPian

A *** moment while I return from office today.

A W T F moment while I was returning from office today. Location : EcoSpace, ORR.

The 2 wheeler moron got what he deserved for using mobile while driving. Luckily I could stop the car couple of inches away. Keeping a safe gap infront of the car from other vehicles also helped, I always do that. (Watch in HD to see clearly)

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 4th December 2015 at 22:59.
::CMS:: is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 23:28   #19313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
The 2 wheeler moron got what he deserved for using mobile while driving.
....Reaction time delayed and then Crash Boom Bang!!!

Talking on mobile ensured his vision was limited to the Yellow wall of that Tata Ace and his thoughts elsewhere.

No wonder this happened.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 09:23   #19314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

He did take some crazy risk, but he drove well and I would say he wasn't looking to be a hero. He wasn't doing this to score a point. We don't know if the passengers were desperate to reach their destination. Going by the surroundings, the bus was the best bet and it worked.

The biggest risk I saw was the waves created by the bus - they could unbalance someone standing in the water and possibly cause him to drown.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th December 2015 at 19:15. Reason: Removing video from quote :)
Old 5th December 2015, 10:01   #19315
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A *** moment while I return from office today.

Quote:
The 2 wheeler moron got what he deserved for using mobile while driving. Luckily I could stop the car couple of inches away. Keeping a safe gap infront of the car from other vehicles also helped.
He will not learn, these riders will never learn even after such incidents. I bet they'll all slowly push the 2 wheeler to the side road and resume the phone call, start the two wheeler while in conversation and again off to the next destination.

Its getting almost cartoonish the way I see riders get into bumps and hits and not getting a scratch on them. Once a rider went too far into the median crossing (as usual) and a car clipped his front wheel causing him to almost move 45 deg and fall down. What does he do? Pick the bike up and again make sudden moves down the crossing inviting more risks. Next I'll see a rider tossed up in the air 50 feet and fall, he'll pick himself up & dust off and ride away whistling into the sunset. These bikes are pretty indestructible too, put cars to shame.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 10:10   #19316
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th December 2015 at 12:04.
bowser is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th December 2015, 11:44   #19317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A W T F moment while I was returning from office today. Location : EcoSpace, ORR.
You know what, I was travelling in the opposite direction, and passed this spot at exactly the same time. For a moment I was wondering why such a gap in traffic. Now I know. Serves him well.

The same morning, I saw a similar incident - rider on the phone, phone squeezed into the helmet (not strapped), tailing another bike - rider doesn't have a helmet. The one in front stops when the car he was tailing stopped. The rider on the phone, still lost in his own world, bumps into the other bike, his crash-guard gets entangled with the muffler of the bike in front. No-helmet biker starts a war of words. The queue behind me grows impatient, some taxi guy honks. Now the heroes train their guns at the others - while their bikes are still making 'love'. A heft guy from a nearby shop takes control - starts with 'Yen re?', both the bikers take their discussion to the footpath, while the rest of us carry on. Location - in front of the Hanuman temple on Haralur road
silversteed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 12:38   #19318
BHPian

That moron was not talking over the phone, by ~0.35s he took the phone from his pocket and by 0.40s he is on the ground..
Old 5th December 2015, 13:45   #19319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The same morning, I saw a similar incident - rider on the phone, phone squeezed into the helmet (not strapped), tailing another bike - rider doesn't have a helmet.
You know what! I was right behind your car.

The cellphone is a real distraction. In bumper-bumper traffic one thinks that its a chance to peep in to the Whatsapp messages. But if one takes the eyes off, it just takes a second to bump into the vehicle in the front.

I am worried nowadays as the cabbies are totally lost on their phones while driving, and don't know when they'll bump from the rear.

(BTW, I have disabled the notification for the Whatsapp on my phone.Its much peaceful now )
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 17:44   #19320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
You know what! I was right behind your car.
I did take note of a decently driven XUV in my RVM, and saw it zoom ahead after the S-curve. Must be you, I guess?

Quote:
I am worried nowadays as the cabbies are totally lost on their phones while driving, and don't know when they'll bump from the rear.
Happened in front of Toshiba office on Sarjapur road this afternoon- cabbie on phone brushes his junkindicab on the left fender of an Innova (not a taxi). The cab had to stop at the signal. Innova driver gets down, goes to the cabbie who's still on the phone. I counted at least 4 tight slaps delivered on the cabbie's face. No exchange of words, the Innova guy walks back, cabbie rolls up the window. Signal turned green, everyone goes about their way.
silversteed is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed