Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2016, 16:36   #19621
BHPian

Re: BMW Rear Ends my Cruze and 2 other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
As he was wearing seat belt. On impact his head went and hit the windshield but no injury.
Thankfully no lives were lost.
Doesn't the front air bags gets deployed if the car is hit from the back? You mentioned that your car also hit a Swift Dzire in front due to the impact.
Old 5th January 2016, 17:01   #19622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Allah noting happened to my Driver. As he was wearing seat belt. On impact his head went and hit the windshield but no injury.
Off Topic and No Offense Meant:
Your driver may have lied to you. If you get rear-ended and then your car goes on and hits the car in front, there's no way your head can hit the wind-shield if you are belted.
jinojohnt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 17:21   #19623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Around 1pm today on Police Commissioners road Egmore Chennai my Cruze driven by my driver got rear ended badly by a BMW.
The BMW driver has gone to hospital for head scan.
I found this line quite funny. At 1pm, in Egmore, if the impact is as bad is it is, then the BMW driver really needs to have his head scanned - for insanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Off Topic and No Offense Meant:
Your driver may have lied to you. If you get rear-ended and then your car goes on and hits the car in front, there's no way your head can hit the wind-shield if you are belted.
I would agree. If the driver was wearing a seat belt, then his face might have hit the steering wheel. Or he wasn't wearing the seat belt. But please do get the driver checked out for whiplash, which is a very likely injury.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 17:59   #19624
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

That's a nasty one. Seems like the usual case of high speed driving gone wrong. Judging from the extent of damage BMW might not even had the time to brake.

Also, I agree with others. Wearing seat belt his head can't hit the windshield. More possibility of hitting the steering or side glass.
Old 5th January 2016, 19:17   #19625

One of my friend's family met with this accident. They were on their way to attend a funeral. 9 people in a Hyundai Eon, car hit a speed breaker at very high speed and lost control. 5 of them died on the spot, 4 are critically injured and in ICU. Clearly the driver's mistake. God bless the family, wishing a full recovery for the injured

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/bhopa...w/50428243.cms
rmangat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 21:08   #19626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmangat View Post
One of my friend's family met with this accident. They were on their way to attend a funeral. 9 people in a Hyundai Eon, car hit a speed breaker at very high speed and lost control. 5 of them died on the spot, 4 are critically injured and in ICU. Clearly the driver's mistake. God bless the family, wishing a full recovery for the injured

Sorry to hear this sad news about your friend. But 9 people in a Hyundai Eon !! How is it possible at all? And after accommodating 9 people, how does the Eon gain 'high' speed? I should say its not only the driver's mistake, but everybody who happened to squeeze in that car knowingly that is a small hatchback (for 4 adults) is equally responsible.
Old 5th January 2016, 21:10   #19627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your friends bereavement. Was your friend also in the car?
9 people in an Eon, doing high speeds is really pushing their luck. How would 9 fit in that car unless each passenger had another on their lap.
Wishing that the other four recover fast.
Old 5th January 2016, 23:57   #19628

They were 6 adults and 3 kids in the eon. My friend was not in this car. They really pushed the vehicle and their luck beyond all acceptable limits. I will have more details when my friend is back in town
Old 6th January 2016, 09:12   #19629
Senior - BHPian

What most people do not realize is that the driving dynamics changes when the car is loaded compared to when it has 1-2 occupancy.

Even with the car loaded with luggage and just 4 on board, it changes considerably, leave overloading it and then over that pushing the car.
It is a no brainer that you are on a suicide/murder mission .

With 9 on board the Eon, the shockers would be already compressed with hardly and suspension travel left and in that state, hitting a speed breaker at high speed, it was no surprise that the Eon gave up.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 12:25   #19630
BHPian

Quote:
They were on their way to attend a funeral.
Very sorry to hear about this. May the departed rest in peace and wish a speedy recovery for those surviving.

My dad always says - A golden rule to follow especially in times of distress (and also during other times like marriage etc.) is to take it really easy when driving or preferably not drive at all.

Not only is one stressed / elated (as the case may be) about the happenings, concentration levels are way below normal which is a great recipe for disaster.

Folks at home in fact do not encourage driving during these times but prefer to take taxis.

Drive safe guys.
anvara is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 13:06   #19631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
With 9 on board the Eon, the shockers would be already compressed with hardly and suspension travel left and in that state, hitting a speed breaker at high speed, it was no surprise that the Eon gave up.
Here's another example of pushing one's luck way too far.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle7545414.ece

There were 13 people in one Scorpio!

If the fate of a Scorpio is such after overloading, I shudder to imagine what the state of a car as tiny as the Eon might be.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 13:58   #19632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
What most people do not realize is that the driving dynamics changes when the car is loaded compared to when it has 1-2 occupancy.......
What most people don't understand is the concept of 'driving dynamics' itself. The majority out there believe everything from a bicycle to container trucks can be operated the same way and will behave exactly the same in all situations.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 14:35   #19633
Senior - BHPian

The only possible way to fit 9 people in a Hyundai Eon, by stretching my imagination, is 3 in the front, 4 at the rear seat and 2 in the boot.

I am sorry to say this but, with such a configuration and speeding on top of it, it is a disaster waiting to happen. Why risk lives like this? Even though the destination might be within the city itself, how difficult is it to just hire an Auto or a cab. (cannot open the link so not sure if they were travelling within city or outstation)
I cannot think of squeezing 9 in an Ertiga. Eon? Please.

I feel sad for the lives lost here for something as small as hiring another auto/cab.

Quote:
They really pushed the vehicle and their luck beyond all acceptable limits.
You aptly summarized it all here.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 6th January 2016 at 14:40.
Old 6th January 2016, 18:10   #19634

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1452083593.448924.jpg
This is a screenshot from the video of the accident site, shot during rescue. Car hit a concrete structure on the road side, head on. This gives a clearer picture of this fatal crash.
I cannot upload the video, it is inappropriate for our forum.
rmangat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 19:40   #19635
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning on the ORR: An indica that had apparently smashed into a truck. Driver was wearing seatbelt and escaped with a few cuts I am told

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks