Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2016, 08:21   #19696
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Let me understand this: There is one rider, riding a 200 kg motorcycle at supposedly high speeds, so high that after hitting a stationary vehicle he was dragged quite a distance, trapped under his own motorcycle. This guy hits a stationary vehicle, the bike skids/falls and the petrol tank bursts, the fuel is ignited and the rider and his ride are charred to death.

What exactly did the pedestrians do to deserve so much flak? They surely didn't ask him to ride so fast that he could not avoid hitting a vehicle, they did not cause a petrol leak, nor did they ignite the sparks. So they are condemned because nobody dared approach a burning 200kg bulk that could have exploded and bereaved their children and wives of a bread-winner?

Come on, be sensible.

Once the bike and the rider have been charred beyond any help, it does not matter what the onlookers are doing. At least the photos will help in some evidence gathering and maybe someone shows them to some riders and some deaths could be avoided.

Please stop blaming people who could not help victims due to reasons other than apathy. They did not cause the accident.
What ever the reason for the accident may be, its a life, its a human being. Once its gone, its gone forever. Its invaluable. Imagine the plight of the dead mans family, the kid lost his father forever.

Now imagine, if the biker would have been standing and a tempo would have caused this accident and the biker would have been stuck below his burning motorcycle. Should the pedestrians look for reasons for accident before helping a person. NO, every accident victim should be tried to be saved, no matter what the reasons are.

There was a video where several Japanese people tilted a train as a person got stuck below the train. The people worked to save a life without thinking that it was a persons mistake as he didn't look out the gap before falling between the train and platform.

Accidents can happen for various reasons, but when there is a life at stake, we should try our best to save that life.

The case here, the biker wasn't able to lift his burning motorcycle on his own. If some people would have helped lift the motorcycle, may be (may be not) he had a survival chance.

Fire extinguishers etc doused the fire, but the person was stuck and hence his chances of survival got minimized.

I think we as road travelers should think of saving a life in our best possible ways in such scenarios, may be we can help saving lives when we are out on the roads next.

If we continue to have a feeling of thinking the reasons behind the accident and blaming the accident victims rather than helping, then not sure if we are doing the correct thing as humans.
tanwaramit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 08:56   #19697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
What ever the reason for the accident may be, its a life, its a human being. Once its gone, its gone forever. Its invaluable. Imagine the plight of the dead mans family, the kid lost his father forever.

There was a video where several Japanese people tilted a train as a person got stuck below the train. The people worked to save a life without thinking that it was a persons mistake as he didn't look out the gap before falling between the train and platform.
tanwaramit : I totally respect your opinion and in a way, no one can deny that people should help an accident victim no matter what the cause of accident is. In India, I have seen that most accident victims recieve immediate help from the public whenever it is possible for the public to help. There are some trolls also related to large population of India and how quickly a crowd gathers. Taking videos and pictures was disrespectful and inhuman, to say the least, when one has another life burning in front of him. If each of that hand would have used a fire extinguisher instead of a mobile phone, then maybe a life would have been saved. At least they would have helped. It is not necessary to jump under the motorcycle (not only burned hands, but petrol vapours and form and spread like anything, resulting in a big explosion with multiple lives affected) to help. I am pretty sure that 50% of the people with cameras in their hand would have been thinking of their facebook pages instead of public awareness.

I doubt if the people would have tilted the train (in Japan as you have mentioned) if it was on fire. Simple reason : One, including me, as a human is selfish enough to stay away from harm/danger. Suppose a person is attacked by a crocodile (still in croc's jaw) doesn't mean that the public will jump in the river to save that person.
Old 16th January 2016, 11:18   #19698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Biker killed in Borim Goa. He was wearing a helmet but looks like it came off. Helmet was totally destroyed. Did not post the other images as they are not suitable for posting in pubic.
The Biker who passed away was a close relative of my cousin. Apparently he was nudged by a bus, lost control and came under the rear wheels of a fully loaded 10 wheeler.
He was a very sane rider who always used to follow the rules, wear a good helmet(buckled up). Sadly when it comes to two wheelers, however cautious you are while riding, your at the mercy of other vehicles.

Another thing that really bothers me is the uncensored pics of his accident blatantly circulated on whats app. I have no problem in pictures of an accident being circulated on social media,its human nature and cant really help it but people should be a little more sensitive and atleast blur the image of the deceased person.Goes a long way in showing respect for the deceased and eases the pain of the family in the sense that they know the ghastly scenes of their loved one is not a hot topic of discussion on the virtual world.

He was a very cheerful and fun loving person and this is not the way such a person has to go.

May he RIP and the young family he left behind,may the have the strength to overcome this sudden and tragic loss.
rambo1o1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 16:48   #19699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The Biker who passed away was a close relative of my cousin.
Sorry for your loss.

Quote:
He was a very sane rider who always used to follow the rules, wear a good helmet(buckled up).
I did notice the helmet was a Studds Golf which is a ISI mark helmet. But seeing the state of the helmet only 2 thoughts came to my mind. Either the helmet was not strapped or the impact was so great that the helmet landed so far and was so badly damaged.

Quote:
Another thing that really bothers me is the uncensored pics of his accident blatantly circulated on whats app. I have no problem in pictures of an accident being circulated on social media,its human nature and cant really help it but people should be a little more sensitive and atleast blur the image of the deceased person.Goes a long way in showing respect for the deceased and eases the pain of the family in the sense that they know the ghastly scenes of their loved one is not a hot topic of discussion on the virtual world.
My thoughts too and that is precisely why I did not post the other snaps. If you still feel the pic I posted is causing pain, please PM me and I'll ask the mods to remove it. Else you can just report this post and they'll do the needful.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 18:51   #19700
Senior - BHPian

Yet another accident involving students. When will people learn that overspeeding should be avoided at any cost when the vehicle is fully loaded.

http://www.ndtv.com/tamil-nadu-news/...dalore-1266607
Old 16th January 2016, 22:09   #19701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
Taking videos and pictures was disrespectful and inhuman, to say the least, when one has another life burning in front of him....

I am pretty sure that 50% of the people with cameras in their hand would have been thinking of their facebook pages instead of public awareness.
I second that.

That was absolutely inhumane behavior from all of those who shot the videos. Couldn't one soul find a cloth, tarpaulin sheet to cover the body so as to show some respect to the dead?

Everyone wants to be a news breaker.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 09:42   #19702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
Very unfortunate & Sad incident.
Vehicles catching fire after an accident has become more common these days.
But RE bike incident (catching fire) is first of it's kind, I think.

RushLane
Nothing surprising in this. Any leakage of petrol, combined with sparks has potential for a big fire and or explosion. The bullet skidded, skid down the road with a leaking fuel tank, the vapours may have been ignited by the metal/road sparks, resulting in the fire.

Expecting bystanders to have presence of mind to lift a burning bullet to help the rider underneath is expecting too much. On Indian roads, one has to expect to receive help from no one, ride or drive like you are alone on the road in case assistance is required. Public apathy, overpopulation, lack of empathy and asinine rules intended to harass are the root cause.
The icing on the cake is idiots filming the action on their mobile phones for their facebook and youtube viewers, these kind of folks are not human, they are vultures.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 11:30   #19703
BHPian

Another victim of rash driving by rich brats...RIP

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1453010278411.jpg
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 10:25   #19704
BHPian

Yet another gory accident in cuddalore district ,tamilnadu which claimed 8 young lives. While we can't take the news from media as 100% true,I still wonder how 9 people decided to travel in a swift dzire.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453092881.186501.jpg
printh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 10:32   #19705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Yet another gory accident in cuddalore district ,tamilnadu which claimed 8 young lives. While we can't take the news from media as 100% true,I still wonder how 9 people decided to travel in a swift dzire.
Attachment 1462404
9 people in a 5 seater is a recipe for disaster. Considering this Dzire with airbags doesn't have possibility to seat 2-3 in the boot (unlike hatchbacks as I have seen), at least 2 would have occupied the front passenger seat (maybe 3 also). If the airbags would have opened in the crash, they would have done more harm than good to the front passenger.

RIP to all those who lost their lives.

Ps. I think this thread should be shown on the cover page (Team BHP Home) for more people to see and learn. Doesn't look nice that the thread is growing manifold over the days.
swift_guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 14:32   #19706
BHPian

Saw this video on youtube. Shows two aspects of a car crash. In the later part, one can see people using mobile phones.

luvDriving is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 16:11   #19707
Senior - BHPian

Sad indeed. By the way, do manufacturers in India publish first responder manuals? Detailing how to open doors/ where to cut and where not to etc in event of a crash?

I've seen such manuals of almost all major manufacturers in Europe and US which contain highly useful information. Recently I read one for the Tesla model S and I was amazed by the car once again. It has detailed instructions on how to disable the electric system and places to cut incase of entrapment.

This information could prove lifesaving.
blackwasp is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 16:15   #19708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Public apathy, overpopulation, lack of empathy and asinine rules intended to harass are the root cause.
The icing on the cake is idiots filming the action on their mobile phones for their facebook and Youtube viewers, these kind of folks are not human, they are vultures.
I seriously abhor people who take pictures of the deceased for show offs. What kind of sick mentality is this?

And if you can save a life by getting a burn, it should not deter you. But I guess, we won't be able to tell now if the fellow could have been saved. I guess, in such a situation people common sense could help. But all this is a conjecture now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Saw this video on Youtube. Shows two aspects of a car crash. In the later part, one can see people using mobile phones.
Some of the crashes are scary! Shows up the value of belting up. And never ever take you eyes off the road.
Old 18th January 2016, 16:22   #19709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Saw this video on Youtube. Shows two aspects of a car crash. In the later part, one can see people using mobile phones.
Interesting to see drivers just before crash. Few standouts,
4:04 - Kid, nobody belted
5:25 - Drowsing at wheel
5:47 (onwards) - Texting
Old 18th January 2016, 17:04   #19710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Attachment 1462404
Irony is, Tamil news papers reported that the car was stopped by cops few kms before the accident, who advised them to drive slow and have a happy Pongal.! Why they didn't see or object 9 persons travelling in a Dezire! I thought it was an Ertiga. But in a Dezire.!

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 18th January 2016 at 17:06.
RajaTaurus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks