Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2016, 17:41   #20656
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
It hurts when I take a look at those scratches
Yes, it does, but the damage looks fairly easy to fix, so you should soon be able to forget about them.

I've done far worse to my own car --- which, in some ways, hurts more than having someone else do it!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 17:50   #20657
BHPian

A gory accident near Neyveli in Cuddalore district involving a tourist van allegedly carrying 22 passengers on a spiritual sojourn and a truck at 2:40 pm. Two people on the van passed away on the spot and many injured.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464610840.560526.jpg
Old 30th May 2016, 19:40   #20658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It hurts when I take a look at those scratches
The scratches near the TL will go just by minor rubbing. Don't worry, your ride will again be shining-just take it to a competent workshop.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 19:53   #20659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I witnessed an accident at the Mumbai Pune e-way after Lonavala which involved a Swift carrying ten people (5 children) . The incident happened because of a tyre blowout and the driver losing control.
10 People! Might be the reason of tyre blowout? Its very common to see people waiting for paid lift's just before the expressway starts, And tourists car's and even drivers or private car's which are going empty allow people to sit by taking little money, I was too waiting just before the expressway started for another car, And i was approached by several people asking me to drop them 10 - 20kms ahead and was ready to pay 20 - 30rs for it.
Old 30th May 2016, 19:54   #20660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
the damage looks fairly easy to fix, so you should soon be able to forget about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
your ride will again be shining-just take it to a competent workshop
Thankfully, the guy called me back a while ago and has agreed to get it fixed on the weekend . Since he was pretty polite and admitted his fault without uttering any excuses, I would rather become friends with him We rarely find such people nowadays
vnidta is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 21:11   #20661
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would rather become friends with him
A Gentleman indeed. Tell him about Team-BHP
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 09:33   #20662
BHPian

Quote:
Thankfully, the guy called me back a while ago and has agreed to get it fixed on the weekend . Since he was pretty polite and admitted his fault without uttering any excuses, I would rather become friends with him We rarely find such people nowadays
As a goodwill I guess you should let go the recovery from him

On a serious note, its good he called back, we rarely find such people
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 09:35   #20663
BHPian

4 escape as car gets stuck in trees after plunging into gorge

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ets-stuck.html
Old 31st May 2016, 11:16   #20664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
ell him about Team-BHP
Sure thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
As a goodwill I guess you should let go the recovery from him
I'm not that rich to get it fixed myself. Also, if I take it to Adwaith Hyundai, they will quote 9k since the metal also is involved in the scratch. I would rather let him deal with it since he mentioned about a person who does a good job and that he would be taking me there.

Quote:
On a serious note, its good he called back, we rarely find such people
Yep. That's the reason I have been cool with this incident.., no headaches.
vnidta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:07   #20665
Senior - BHPian

Saw this couple of hours back at sea link, A speeding Ertiga could not stop or turn on time and rammed at the railings,

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screen-shot-20160601-6.44.24-pm.png
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 20:20   #20666
Senior - BHPian

I usually start 'To & From' work early. Typically, I am at office by 8am and start by 4pm, and all this to beat the Bangalore motorists mayhem !!

So it was pretty unusual to witness a traffic jam near Agara lake at around 4pm. It started right from the flyover, going towards Silk Board from Sarjapura, and eventually the reason for the chaos was revealed:

Last edited by Vik0728 : 1st June 2016 at 20:22.
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:09   #20667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
a traffic jam near Agara lake at around 4pm. It started right from the flyover, going towards Silk Board from Sarjapura, and eventually the reason for the chaos was revealed
You should see the following post which was put up by me during February in the bad driver's thread. Though we have no choice but to live with the reality, I wonder why these sort of people put their own.., and other people's life in jeopardy just to save a few minutes. These are transport vehicles and not Ambulances to worry about those lost seconds or minutes...

Quote:
Had to encounter this freak (KA 51 9603) near Krupanidhi College. What impunity!
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 16:13   #20668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So it was pretty unusual to witness a traffic jam near Agara lake at around 4pm. It started right from the flyover, going towards Silk Board from Sarjapura, and eventually the reason for the chaos was revealed:
Bus drivers compete with Autos, cabs and two wheelers in driving along one ways or pushing other vehicles to the side just to move few inches ahead. I just wonder if they do it because they will be tired of driving daily along similar traffic or just that they feel they are superior. I always feel its the latter.

P.S : Were you taking the video on your mobile when you were driving past the accident? Atleast it looks like it. If so you would have to put yourself in the bad drivers thread!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd June 2016 at 16:27. Reason: Removing Youube URLs from quoted content.
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:13   #20669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

P.S : Were you taking the video on your mobile when you were driving past the accident? Atleast it looks like it. If so you would have to put yourself in the bad drivers thread!
I started filming the incident when the vehicles had come to a stand still, and just a few moments into the video the traffic started to crawl ahead.

I agree that this was not the best way to film this accident, but this is the first time I have tried it, though I have witnessed numerous mishaps in the past. I am not trying to justify my actions, but the reason I filmed this was because the vehicles were just about crawling.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:02   #20670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree that this was not the best way to film this accident, but this is the first time I have tried it, though I have witnessed numerous mishaps in the past. I am not trying to justify my actions, but the reason I filmed this was because the vehicles were just about crawling.
Glad that you accepted but just try not to use mobiles in future. Better to narrate the incident rather than try to gather videos or pics. Seeing that in India people try to keep gawking at the accident while driving, you might end up rear ending the vehicle in front who might have stopped for having a better view or because or traffic! Just my two cents.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks