Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 21:51   #20896
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this car carrier truck on ORR near Kalyan Nagar.

It has rammed into the flyover wall and the front axle was ripped off and it in turn ripped off the under carriage of the truck.
Surprisingly, the trailer was intact and upright.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160617_114233.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160617_114444.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160617_114544.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 17th June 2016 at 21:53.
Old 18th June 2016, 00:55   #20897
BHPian

Viewer discretion advised!

This accident has been discussed earlier in this thread. But not sure if the video was posted. Came across this while surfing youtube. Condolence to the family of deceased.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2016 at 13:34. Reason: Posting a warning note.
vpillai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 02:49   #20898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
This is what happens when you drive an SUV like you are driving a sedan. Pretty much looks like the driver couldn't control the vehicle (notice the narrow winding road), hit a boulder and toppled. Good to see that the cabin is more or less intact.
The Vitara Brezza is a sorry excuse for an SUV. The tyres are so thin. It's just a Maruti, at the end of the day. Can't hold a candle to what a beast the Grand Vitara was! *Sigh*
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 03:18   #20899
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Saw this on Vitara Brezza owner's club page on Facebook. No mention about how it happened. To me it looks like a hit to a boulder or something at high speeds, left front tyre is missing. Copyright of respective owners.
High ground clearance and short wheelbase in a 4m car- Sure recipe for disaster.
Old 19th June 2016, 09:39   #20900
Senior - BHPian

Strange accident in Santacruz, Mumbai. A 'biker' lost control of his Harley superlow on SV Road, bike skidded, jumped the divider, flew and landed on top of a Baleno on the opposite lane and seriously injured the car driver. Imagine driving to work and having a 300 kg lump of iron land on your roof. The moron 'biker' was riding at high speeds when he had to brake for a pedestrian.
Old 19th June 2016, 11:20   #20901
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I think it is time we started building armoured passenger cars.

Indisciplined motorists are all 007s - licensed to kill !!!
Old 19th June 2016, 11:50   #20902
Senior - BHPian

Received via WhatsApp

More details on the accident here (Malayalam language )

Report says this video is from a petrol pump cctv camera. The KSRTC bus hit a mini bus before hitting the lorry.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2016 at 20:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thanks!
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 13:39   #20903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ I think it is time we started building armoured passenger cars.

Indisciplined motorists are all 007s - licensed to kill !!!
How about a simpler action oriented plan of controlling our "enthusiasm" (Team-BHP members will hate me for saying this) and accordingly "speed"
TD_GHY is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 16:17   #20904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Received via WhatsApp
Quote:
Report says this video is from a petrol pump cctv camera. The KSRTC bus hit a mini bus before hitting the lorry.
It's an unladen truck that hit the bus. In the video, you can see the mini-lorry at 00:08, and at 00:11 it can be seen making contact with the bus. If not for the stopped truck in the fuel station that resulted in the rear axle of the bus getting ripped off the chassis, things could've ended up worse
Old 19th June 2016, 17:26   #20905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More details on the accident here (Malayalam language )

Moderators - Please merge with prev post.
This is freaked me out now. I have a road trip coming up to Kerala and it's going to be during Monsoon.
It looks like he lost control on wet roads, fish tailed and in the process hit the truck. And there is no sign of the driver in his seat, which means he would have fallen off his seat as soon as the bus went off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
It's an unladen truck that hit the bus. In the video, you can see the mini-lorry at 00:08, and at 00:11 it can be seen making contact with the bus. If not for the stopped truck in the fuel station that resulted in the rear axle of the bus getting ripped off the chassis, things could've ended up worse
The axle ripped off when the bus hit something when it went off road. That caused the bus to go in that angle and side swipe the parked truck.

Last edited by tharian : 19th June 2016 at 17:28.
Old 19th June 2016, 20:42   #20906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
In the video, you can see the mini-lorry at 00:08,
My Bad; I meant mini lorry, but typed mini bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
And there is no sign of the driver in his seat, which means he would have fallen off his seat as soon as the bus went off road.
Towards the end of the clip, you can see someone trying to wake up behind the drivers seat with a pink cap/hat. that person is trying to hold the steel tubes in front of the first 3 row seat facing the rear of bus; and I think that person is the driver.
Old 19th June 2016, 22:21   #20907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Bad; I meant mini lorry, but typed mini bus.
My bad! I had watched a different clip of the same accident - was referring to it when I typed 00:08 and 00:11.

I had first seen the news in the KSRTC FB group. The reason mentioned there was the mini lorry skid and hit the bus.
Old 20th June 2016, 01:59   #20908
Distinguished - BHPian

My Figo got rear ended by a Dzire.

We just went out from Axis mall and was standing at the Novotel signal. Its was a longish one. So after 30 secs of cooling down the turbo i just turned off the engine and BAM. When i stopped there was no one behind me. So after 30 secs i was not even looking at the RVM and was totally unprepared for such a jolt! My car was on hand brake but still it went ahead and the hit the I10 standing in front of me. Thanks to seat belts, we were unhurt. I got down from the car and checked the front. It was okay but the i10 suffered a broken bumper. Inspected the rear and it was a sad sight. The rear bumper and the boot lid have gone for a toss and the boot lid got stuck. Local police came and asked all three of us to put our cars on the side of the road. We did.

The driver of the Dzire was drunk and he was not a license holder! Police asked us whether we will get it solved among us or go for a police case. Firstly the Dzire guy agreed to pay me. The damage looked like 10k+ for my car. I asked him to pay me Rs 4000. Rs 1,000 for insurance claim and Rs 3,000 for the NCB i had. He then called few of his friends from the locality and they were not willing to pay me more than Rs 1,500 and the argument looked like getting a bit heated up.

So i called up few of my Bhpian friends and few of my other friends who are not a part of Team Bhp.
Within minutes Bhpian BlackPearl arrived followed by PapaBravo, Navsjab & Himadrimondal. Among Non bhpians who helped me were Mr Samaresh Das, Mr Arunangshu Das and Mr Iftekar Ahmed. We were firm but polite. At last they agreed to pay me Rs 4,000 after an hour.
The I10 guy left the scene early when he saw the conversation was getting a bit heated up.

The Dzire hit me in a angular way. May be he tried to swerve at the end and avoid the hit. At first his excuse was the brake failed and later he said by mistake he pressed the accelerator instead of the brake! At the end it was a result of drink and drive from a guy not having a driving license. Sharing a pic of my Figo and the Dzire which hit me from behind.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_6352.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_6351.jpg

Thanks to Kolkata Bhpians and other car enthusiast friends from Kolkata for the great help. Being a car lover can i cant ask for any better friends i have due to Team bhp and few other car groups.

Last edited by Samba : 20th June 2016 at 02:15.
Samba is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 04:04   #20909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I too was hit a couple of years ago waiting behind another car when a Swift driver rear ended me. My alto's damage was much more extensive than yours. You should however have registered a case against him. A drunken idiot without a license deserves to be thrown in jail and not get off by paying a paltry sum of 4000 rs.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th June 2016 at 11:37.
bullrun87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 07:09   #20910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

The driver of the Dzire was drunk and he was not a license holder! Police asked us whether we will get it solved among us or go for a police case.

Thanks to Kolkata Bhpians and other car enthusiast friends from Kolkata for the great help. Being a car lover can i cant ask for any better friends i have due to Team bhp and few other car groups.
When police was available and you had friends by your side, you shouldn't have let that fellow go scot free. He might end up hitting someone else or killing someone and that would amount to murder. If he was drunk and without license, there were ample charges to be put against him. He shouldn't have been let off.

Glad that you are safe and nice to see people turning up to help at such short notice.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks