Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 07:51   #20911
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
My Figo got rear ended by a Dzire. [/b]
Even i think you made a mistake of not registering a case against this chap. He should have been taught a lesson so that he never repeats such incidents again.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th June 2016 at 13:00.
redcruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:39   #20912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The driver of the Dzire was drunk and he was not a license holder! Police asked us whether we will get it solved among us or go for a police case.
At the end it was a result of drink and drive from a guy not having a driving license. Sharing a pic of my Figo and the Dzire which hit me from behind.
Ideally you should have filed the FIR against the driver. This would have been a pain coz recovering money from the Dzire guy would be indefinitely delayed since there would be courts involved and compensation would have been decided by court.

Since you were concerned more about your car, you opted for out of court settlement. Not that you were duly compensated for the damages. Now the Dzire guy is out on the roads again which means there is one more victim who is going to be the target of the drunk guy.

Don't know if you are morally right but the last thing I would like to read on the forum is another TBHP member rear ended by the same Dzire guy.

I seriously wish there were fast tracking courts which would force the Insurance cos of the accused to pay the TPL to the victim in a day or two.
ghodlur is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:56   #20913
BHPian

Quote:
Local police came and asked all three of us to put our cars on the side of the road. We did.

The driver of the Dzire was drunk and he was not a license holder! Police asked us whether we will get it solved among us or go for a police case. and avoid the hit.
Doesn't the police need to book the driver themselves since he was drunk and does not even have a license? Pathetic state of affairs! Asking people to compromise while shirking on their responsibilities.
TD_GHY is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:49   #20914
BHPian

Quote:
Police asked us whether we will get it solved among us or go for a police case.
Absolutely stunned and surprised that the cops even gave this option in the first place. Not only should this guy been asked to compensate for the damages to the 2 cars, but he should have been put behind bars as well for drunken driving. The point is not that he had hit a vehicle but the fact that he was drink and could have killed someone. Sad is the state of affairs in our country.
centaur is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 14:46   #20915
BHPian

Quote:
My Figo got rear ended by a Dzire.

The driver of the Dzire was drunk and he was not a license holder! Police asked us whether we will get it solved among us or go for a police case. Firstly the Dzire guy agreed to pay me. The damage looked like 10k+ for my car. I asked him to pay me Rs 4000. Rs 1,000 for insurance claim and Rs 3,000 for the NCB i had. He then called few of his friends from the locality and they were not willing to pay me more than Rs 1,500 and the argument looked like getting a bit heated up.
Frankly speaking, I would definitely not bother about the money part in such a situation; the car being under a 'Bumper to Bumper' Insurance Cover. IMHO, filing a couple of Cases (an FIR or a GD) with the respective Police Station against the Car Owner and the Driver driving it without a Valid Driving Licence would have been more apt as it would have taught them a lesson knowing that the Driver was drunk to the brim.

We often find/ feel that going to the Police Station is the last resort to any issue and in most of the cases we avoid reporting the matter to the police in order to eradicate the harassment. But believe me it definitely is not like that. The police is considerate and helpful in listening and registering your plea and taking the necessary speedy action against the same. It is always more advisable to meet the Officer In Charge and brief him on the situation if one desires a fast track action.

Knowing the state of affairs of the given situation, there could have been multiple cases against the person who rear ended your almost a year old Figo and the owner of the vehicle filed simultaneously.

Anyways, what's done is done and suggest that now you just go in for an Insurance Claim and get the car redone at an OEM Workshop properly instead of finding an easy and fast way out for repairs considering the fact that your Figo is used for your daily commuting.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 00:18   #20916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
You should however have registered a case against him. A drunken idiot without a license deserves to be thrown in jail and not get off by paying a paltry sum of 4000 rs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
When police was available and you had friends by your side, you shouldn't have let that fellow go scot free. He might end up hitting someone else or killing someone and that would amount to murder. If he was drunk and without license, there were ample charges to be put against him. He shouldn't have been let off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Even i think you made a mistake of not registering a case against this chap. He should have been taught a lesson so that he never repeats such incidents again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Ideally you should have filed the FIR against the driver. This would have been a pain coz recovering money from the Dzire guy would be indefinitely delayed since there would be courts involved and compensation would have been decided by court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Doesn't the police need to book the driver themselves since he was drunk and does not even have a license? Pathetic state of affairs! Asking people to compromise while shirking on their responsibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Absolutely stunned and surprised that the cops even gave this option in the first place. Not only should this guy been asked to compensate for the damages to the 2 cars, but he should have been put behind bars as well for drunken driving. The point is not that he had hit a vehicle but the fact that he was drink and could have killed someone. Sad is the state of affairs in our country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Anyways, what's done is done and suggest that now you just go in for an Insurance Claim and get the car redone at an OEM Workshop properly instead of finding an easy and fast way out for repairs considering the fact that your Figo is used for your daily commuting.
Thanks a lot every one. Yes i agree i should have filed a case at the local police station. Even i would have loved to teach him a hard lesson for his recklessness or rather a crime but i backed off. To be honest even i was being selfish to avoid the legal hassle's. If i put up a case i will have to run to the court for the case and get it settled. In that case i may have to hire a lawyer and had to interact with the police in regular basis to get it solved. I didn't want to take that hassle so i left it. Every one in India knows how its like dealing with police , lawyer's and get a case resolved in a court! It will result in more harassment than getting the things solved unless you have some upper level contacts!

Now even if i get some compensation from them outside the court, why police didn't book him for drink and drive case that too with out a proper driving license is always a question that's left unanswered even to me! To be very honest even i was thinking to get things resolved as soon as possible and get out of the scenario.

The sad part was when my car hit the i10 in front of me, the guy driving the i10 was with his wife and his 5 months old baby. Thank god his baby was safe but still he was crying. The baby was in his mom's lap in I10's rear seat. Luckily for them my car was behind their i10, else a baby getting hurt because of these drunkards would have been really sad.

Today i have given my car to Ganges Ford Kolkata for the repairs. They checked and told the boot lid and rear bumper needs replacement and on opening the parts they will find out the internal damages (if any) and will act accordingly, plus i do not have to worry as my zero depreciation insurance will take care of it.

Last edited by Samba : 21st June 2016 at 00:27.
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 03:26   #20917
Senior - BHPian

Pics: Accidents in India

In a bizarre accident in Mumbai, a Harley davidson bike came over the divider and jumped onto a Baleno. Thankfully, both the parties survived, the biker had minor injuries while the car driver suffered severe injuries.

The bike seems to have landed on the the roof of the poor car owner, he must have had head injuries.
Posting the link for reference and image from times of India.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/mumba...w/52815292.cms

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466459783.222028.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 07:51   #20918
BHPian

Something like this has to be tried by our police department to try and reduce the road fatalities due to drunken driving. Also the person committing the crime must dwell amongst the family members of the deceased to understand the pain they go through.
http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/thai-dru...shment-1421285
kiran_cr is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 09:50   #20919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Something like this has to be tried by our police department to try and reduce the road fatalities due to drunken driving. Also the person committing the crime must dwell amongst the family members of the deceased to understand the pain they go through.
The thing is, these are all post-facto measures which would only possibly prevent subsequent drunk driving by the same offender. That is, every habitual drunk driver will only go through this experience after they have caused an accident once.

Something that we ought to legislate into our law books is the power to prosecute those who serve alcohol and then allow people to drive - bar owners, party hosts etc. - as accessories before the fact.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 10:38   #20920
Senior - BHPian

Another case of 'Rich & Ignorant' parents loosing track of their kid(s) activities...and loosing everything with it !!

Link

Excerpt:

Around 11.30 a.m., when they were near Attur Gate, Dhrupad who was driving the car lost control over the vehicle and the car toppled twice and fell into a roadside drain before turning turtle. All of them sustained severe injuries. Abhishek sustained severe head injuries and was immediately rushed to the nearby MVJ Medical College and Hospital. However, he was declared brought dead.

A senior Hoskote police official said that the accident site revealed that the car had taken a sudden left diversion falling into the drain. “It is clear that they were overspeeding, losing control over the vehicle,” he said.

The picture below of the car says it all:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-52841382.cms.jpg

Things that were reported in TOI today:

1. Police found many beer bottles inside the car and suspect it was the case of DUI.

2. The report states that the driver lost control of the 'Ford Figo' !!

3. TOI reported that the accident happened at around 10-11 pm when the kids left to CCD post dinner at KFC (Indiranagar).

So much of variations in the story means, somebody (one of the reporters) was surely drunk!!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st June 2016 at 10:43.
Vik0728 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 11:12   #20921
BHPian

Another Sad story, a statistic. My colleague is currently in hospital ICU as he had an accident yesterday. He was a fresh graduate who joined our organization a year back.

Unfortunately, no details are available as to how this happened as he is still in Coma in ICU. Praying for this young chaps speedy recovery and do join me with your prayers for this boy to get back to his life.

Even after oft repeated reminders and company policies / awareness drives, he skipped wearing his helmet yesterday.
kutoos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 11:58   #20922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

Things that were reported in TOI today:

2. The report states that the driver lost control of the 'Ford Figo' !!
With the boot gone, doesn't it look like a FIGO anyway?
FORTified is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 15:08   #20923
Senior - BHPian

Horrific accident

Eight school children are killed in an accident near Kundapur in Karnataka.

Eight school children killed in bus-van collision in Karnataka's Kundapur
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-omni.jpg  

Old 21st June 2016, 15:32   #20924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Hurts me the most when innocent children who are yet to witness a lot in their lives end up losing their lives instead!

I can't imagine the state of the parents who would have never in their worst dreams expected such tragic news since they happily sent their wards in the School bus/Vans in the morning. Don't even want to imagine what the kids would have gone through when this accident happened, those little minds playing, thinking about their Day in school etc.

Not to blame either of the parties here without knowing what exactly happened but its a fact that School Buses in our Country have a very long way to go in terms of Safety of the children inside it.

Starts with the most basic which is Driver and the Driving. Sorry to say but as of today, it very hard to find a school bus that is not driven rashly, breaking all rules and putting so many lives at stake - You name a School in Bangalore and you will find most of their buses driven rashly with kids' heads literally shaking all around! Forget the fact that those kids inside a Maruti Omni are stacked like cattle and can't even move their Arms.

When we have the authorities come up with a rule that all School buses will need to have speed governors, you have the mafia strike against it. Now let us say that speed limit of 60 kmph is implemented across but the drivers will remain ruffians in their ways and that is exactly where even 60 Kmph can kill Kids inside.

Seat Belts for all the Kids, Kid Friendly Seats - Well, we have a long way there too.

Last edited by paragsachania : 21st June 2016 at 15:33.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 15:34   #20925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Horrific accident

From the news article, this was almost 'INEVITABLE'.

Excerpt:

The incident occured at Mohadi Cross, Trasi, Kundapur, Gangolli Police Station limits. There were 19 occupants in the van, including driver Martin and teacher Philomena and 17 students of Don Bosco School from primary to Std VI.

What kind of a retard would pile in 19 people in that 'Tin-can' named Omni??

IMO, the school, kids parents and the driver must be booked under negligence and causing death to the kids.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks