Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2016, 16:45   #21016
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
People say that Life and Fashion invariably come a full circle. But being born & brought up in Bangalore and having seen it destroyed by the IT revolution, I can safely say that:

I couldn't find any other way to understand the herding instincts these morons have, where one retard enters a blocked junction in the opposite late to beat the traffic and the rest of the dodo's just follow, leading to a mayhem.

I am not being sadistic here, but I guess this is what cheap education & cheaper social etiquette can do !!

You, Sir, have summed up every sane person's frustration. The transition that Bangalore has seen in the last decade is extravagant. No one expected growth at such a phenomenal rate.
Take for example Marathahalli. Halli means Village in Kannada. So technically, Marathahalli wasn't even considered as a part of Bangalore. And this 'village' is now one of the busiest hubs of the city.
satrikon_454 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 17:07   #21017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I couldn't find any other way to understand the herding instincts these morons have, where one retard enters a blocked junction in the opposite late to beat the traffic and the rest of the dodo's just follow, leading to a mayhem.

I am not being sadistic here, but I guess this is what cheap education & cheaper social etiquette can do !!
This is a regular occurrence on my way to office in HAL signal, Half of the traffic cuts across the divider into the right side lane where the oncoming traffic is lesser to shortcut the queue. Most of the people who do it are educated 'engineers', but i guess nothing can help as much as proper upbringing.
WheelNut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 20:28   #21018
Senior - BHPian

On the contrary, the seatbelt here make all the difference. Not only do they hold the pilot in place but in the case of an ejection they ensure that the pilot not only gets jettisoned but is secured to the parachute once the seat falls away post ejection, thereby ensuring safety.

In this case too it was a very low altitude ejection and the seat belts(harness) came through with shining colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
One off case where seat belts wouldn't have made any difference
Old 30th June 2016, 20:34   #21019
BHPian

Friends,
This is not a very big accident, yet the picture I took with my mobile phone seemed good to me, hence sharing it with you. This is NH-2 today, around 20 KMs east of Burdwan town, at 12-42 Hrs. One truck mounted crane is trying to lift a heavier truck which has skidded off the highway, while another crane is helping it from the opposite side.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20160630_001.jpg

Thanks for watching this picture.
Regards,
Rahul,
Cossipore, North Calcutta.
rahul4640 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 00:47   #21020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I wonder what the reason for crashing is this time. If it is another defect in the aircraft touched by HAL and not pilot error, then it looks like either HAL should stop working on these things, or our airforce should retire these MiG-27 jets soon.
The answer is very simple. Most of the planes in the IAF are old. Since they have been flying for years, they face metal fatigue. The designs of all the planes are actually impressive. Even the Mig 21 is a good plane, but none of them are made to fly for 40 to 50 years where metal fatigue will cause the plane to break apart. It is like keeping a car for years and not servicing it properly and then wondering why problems keep happening.

If the IAF had the licence and then built new planes and put these into service, we would not see this problem. We need new planes (0-20 year old planes) in our air force instead of criticizing our existing planes as being flying coffins. It is not the planes fault that we are using it beyond it's useful life.
pganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 08:26   #21021
Distinguished - BHPian

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20160701_070430.jpg

Same Place: NECE road near Bhannerghatta road junction

Same accident : Truck sleeping on the road

Same Story: Truck driver either dozed off at the wheel or had a peg or two more.

Same result: One lane blocked and will create slow moving traffic on what is called as an expressway

Same emoticon:
hemanth.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 10:33   #21022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
On the contrary, the seatbelt here make all the difference. Not only do they hold the pilot in place but in the case of an ejection they ensure that the pilot not only gets jettisoned but is secured to the parachute once the seat falls away post ejection, thereby ensuring safety.

In this case too it was a very low altitude ejection and the seat belts(harness) came through with shining colours.
I think he meant wearing seatbelts on the Safari. With a hit from a plane the seatbelts wouldn't have made a difference, especially in the rear seat
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 15:32   #21023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
On the contrary, the seatbelt here make all the difference. Not only do they hold the pilot in place .
I was just kidding about the car passengers wearing seat belts, not the pilots. While I understand that they would have been secured in their seats, there is a slight chance that their escape would have been delayed, had they buckled up in this case.
Old 1st July 2016, 15:55   #21024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
[/b]NECE road near Bhannerghatta road junction
Completely OT here. I have seen you mentioning NECE road, any specific reason. Its supposed to be NICE road (Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise) isn't it?
Old 1st July 2016, 16:30   #21025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Completely OT here. I have seen you mentioning NECE road, any specific reason. Its supposed to be NICE road (Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise) isn't it?
They're both valid. Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE) and Nandi Economic Corridor Enterprise (NECE) are both Ashok Kheny's enterprises. If you notice the signboards are various entry/exit points to the expressway, you'll find either of the two mentioned.

There has been talk of merging both entities with a third one, which should be completed post long-standing litigation being settled in the Supreme Court. Who knows, we may even see the actual Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) expressway in our lifetime if the matter gets settled in Kheny's favor.

Related news story here.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st July 2016 at 16:32.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 21:51   #21026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
In this case, we can safely assume its the bigger 'vehicle' that's at fault!
That's just plane wrong
McLaren Rulez is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:00   #21027
BHPian

A Tipper rammed into a swift late night. Miraculously, both the driver and passenger survived with minor injuries thanks to seat belts. Not much info how it happened.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident.jpg
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:04   #21028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Miraculously, both the driver and passenger survived with minor injuries thanks to seat belts
Its really a miracle - I would say the passengers are one of the most lucky people.However, not sure how effective the seat belts would be in terms of saving life, in this kind of accident. (In all I do agree with the importance of seat belts).
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:23   #21029
BHPian

Here is the link to the video of the above accident
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...47207215344994
nagarjun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 00:10   #21030
Senior - BHPian

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle3510622.ece

I hope someone took pictures and videos of the driver. Secondly I am seeing lot of high speed driving lately in chennai. It was not this bad.

And today saw one of our own in an i20 white color with team bhp sticker being driven by a lady driver aggressively and even taking lanes beyond yellow lines while others were patiently waiting for the signalast.

If you read this please understand that you hardly saved any minute as I caught you up in less than a minute driving at 40kmph

Most importantly check out the accident above and I personally don't want one of us in this forum causing something in the name of aggression.
VW2010 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed