Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2016, 17:15   #21046
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this xcent on a two lane state highway running through rural areas around trichy. Pretty bad crash. Hope the occupants are safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-wp_20160621_15_14_03_pro.jpg  

Old 4th July 2016, 17:21   #21047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A Tipper rammed into a swift late night. Miraculously, both the driver and passenger survived with minor injuries thanks to seat belts. Not much info how it happened.

Attachment 1523239
Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Its really a miracle - I would say the passengers are one of the most lucky people..
The only explanation for this is God was with them. They should count their lucky stars and probably start some sort of charity for road accident victims and spread the message of safe driving
To walk out of that alive is a miracle. To get into that sort of accident takes gigantic amount of stupidity too.

And for anyone out there thinking they can drive that like this and get away with it, there is a reason why all of us have called it a miracle!

PS: Saw the BMW accident in Jaipur - This is exactly what a young age + power + alcohol + night driving can do. The punishment for DUI is so ridiculously laughable. It's like handing people a licence to kill with no repercussions. For me, I draw parallel to the gun crimes in USA to DUI accidents in India.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 4th July 2016 at 17:31.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 20:25   #21048

Around 4:30 AM today on my way back from Airport saw 2-3 cars with heavy frontal damage across both sides of the divider on the flyover right after the toll booth. Couldn't click any pics as I was driving and didn't want to add to the commotion by stopping for the same. Plus the ambulance was right behind me and I moved to the side to make way for it. All cars were your typical Indica cabs, the windshield in one of them bearing the mark of a crack caused due to lack of seat belts in such scenarios. I could not assess the actual situation as the flyover was crowded with bystanders.

Could not find any news articles on the same. Anybody has any idea what happened ? Would have happened sometime between 4 and 4:30 as I had passed the same spot half an hour earlier on my way to airport to drop my relatives. I hope no lives were lost.
Old 4th July 2016, 23:48   #21049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Not too scientific: Perhaps the driver would have been thrown out of his seat and his skull would have smashed the window with a far greater impact, or he might have been forced out of the car if the windows was open.
Well yes, anything that can help save a life is worth doing.Who knows, seat belts could have been one of the reasons for those two people walking alive from the scene .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
The only explanation for this is God was with them. They should count their lucky stars and probably start some sort of charity for road accident victims and spread the message of safe driving
To walk out of that alive is a miracle.
Well said ! May be it will be a god gift to those people, who are alive and can see how and what went wrong in the accidents they are involved in (because of the CCTV footage). May be a second chance to them, for avoiding it (if at all - given the rise in no. of accidents in the country).
Old 5th July 2016, 00:19   #21050
BHPian

Today I witnessed the most idiotic accident on Earth.

There's a gym on the podium level of my office building. As a result, you have people speeding down the podium before taking a sharp right turn for the gym.

One hero decided he'd drift on the podium never mind the tiled floor offering no grip and was wet, and the fact that the Thar isn't reputed for the best brakes.

I watched him speeding up on the straight bit and wondered what the hell he was doing. A few seconds later, I hear a bang and the Thar bounces off the retaining wall (the podium is four stories high. Had the wall given way, he'd have gone straight into the apartment building that's cheek by jowl.

The ensuing carnage was a shredded right tyre, and a crumpled left side. Without changing the tyre and avoiding going to the gym, the hero clad in muscle vest and pajamas decided to beat a hasty retreat.

Surprisingly the Thar was still drive able and I don't know what was the final damage to it.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1467658136830.jpg

I wish I'd recorded a video!

Last edited by djpeesh : 5th July 2016 at 00:31.
djpeesh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 12:18   #21051
BHPian

Found this yesterday on faizabad road near BBD University Lucknow

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnaperror420.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnaperror206.jpg
Old 7th July 2016, 11:38   #21052
Distinguished - BHPian

A badly damaged Santro on the NICE road. The other car involved was a linea which had damages to the right side doors. No idea on how exactly this happened. But it looked like a overtake move which went horribly wrong and Santro hit the wall on the side and turned to the opp side of the traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20160703_154329optimized.jpg  

Old 9th July 2016, 11:57   #21053
BHPian

An i20 failed to take a 90 degree bend and ran off the road. Two young chaps allegedly drunk escaped with no major injuries. Happened in between Mavelikkara Kayamkulam state highway. Interestingly there are huge humps placed at the beginning of the bend to prevent overspending in this area.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1468045543987.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1468045577524.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1468045596284.jpg  

dodge3p is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 13:05   #21054
Senior - BHPian

Came across this in Facebook. Look like this happened somewhere near Bangalore on a 4 lane highway.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 17:51   #21055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Came across this in Facebook. Look like this happened somewhere near Bangalore on a 4 lane highway.
That's quite an old video, it happened on the Bangalore Mysore highway.
Old 10th July 2016, 12:56   #21056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge3p View Post
An i20 failed to take a 90 degree bend..... Interestingly there are huge humps placed at the beginning of the bend to prevent overspending in this area.
Those bumps could be the cause of losing control of vehicle. No proper road engineering goes into placement of design of these things.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 14:28   #21057
BHPian

Got this in my WhataApp group. Ertiga rear ended by Ksrtc. Now looks like Ritz.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1468140958160.jpg  

kavu75 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 15:38   #21058
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
I would not like to be a rear most passenger in that Ertiga
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 17:14   #21059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope there were no serious injuries or loss of life in this mishap.

On a lighter note, this picture "MAY" have just exposed the Maruti's biggest kept secret:

Which was designed first, Ertiga or Ritz ??

Last edited by Vik0728 : 10th July 2016 at 17:16.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 08:09   #21060
Distinguished - BHPian

Hit & Run: Another day, another accident:

We often read reports on how a rider falls and a heavy vehicle crushes the victim to death soon after the fall. Well, this one would have been the same if it was a heavy vehicle and not a Santro here which was able to brake in time!

We also read how in cases like these, if the accidents have occurred at odd hours, it becomes almost impossible to trace the other vehicle.

In this case too, the HGV managed to hit the 2 wheeler very dangerously and then just run away.

While others stopped instantly to offer help, I didn't as I saw the HGV simply revv up and vanish. Didn't want this one to end up as just another day for the driver and hence started to chase at least to get hold of the licence plate number and I was successful in doing that - KA51 B2005 and a double check on the RTO Portal confirms that:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hitrun.jpg

As you can notice in the video, the trucker was frantically trying to escape the scene and you can see him running helter skelter and turns left towards Krupanidhi.

Out of curiosity and common sense that these driving antics for sure will have a nicer record when it comes to violations, I found these when I checked online for the violations and the second violation type confirms that the history behind Rash driving.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hitrunviolations.jpg

I then assumed this truck would reach the Madiwala Police Station Junction via Market Road and rushed there through a shorter route (for cars) to alert the cops but to my misfortune, there was not even a single cop at this junction today who I could communicate this to.

Hence, I reached work and posted this on BTP's Facebook Page with all the details:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-hitrunbtp-post.jpg

The truck for sure swerved left in a hurry to avoid swiping with the bus next to it or rather was unsuccessful in overtaking the 2 wheeler in time and avoid a collision with the bus and instead ended up swiping the 2 wheeler and making them fall.

You can notice how the tail of the truck hits the back of the pillion rider before they fall. I could also notice the thick jacket of the rider freshly torn around the shoulder area.

Lucky was the pillion here for not wearing the helmet too!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th July 2016 at 08:16.
paragsachania is offline   (47) Thanks

Most Viewed