Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:56   #21571
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It is a National Highway (NH948) and not a state road.
I probably was doing around 80Kmph. I distinctly remember being in the 4th gear after having overtaken a truck a few seconds ago.

I realised the date part after I saw it on my PC. Its been reset due to a faulty battery in the dashcam.
In year 2000, there was no car in our family let alone me owning this car, I didn't have a valid 4-wheeler licence, I didn't even have a MCWG licence, There was no dashcam at that time...
Dashcam videos appear/feel faster as per my experience(I don't know if Its only me)

Its not the centre stand IMO. I guess its the drain pipes. Not sure though.

All your questions are valid. Taking no offense to it, this is why my colleague is telling me to stay out of it and I might get entangled in unnecessary hassles.
It feels bad but our legal system is something that is not very people-friendly
Hey you seem to be feeling bad. Solving the world's problems is not your job. I guarantee.

I avoid philosophizing and escaping. If I can help it.

So, go to any Bangalore one center. Go by 9 am. Ask for RC extract with that vehicle number. This is an A4 sheet with the owner name and address. It costs 20 Rs. They won't ask you why or who wants to know. It's an official service provided for anyone.

Enter that address in google maps or anything else you prefer. If you get a valid address go and visit the driver.

Maybe type in main road and then zero in to the house number.

Okay.

Forget that video. It's not a good evidence. If the driver asks for assistance make an affidavit with your story. Notarize and give it to driver. Keep notarized copy. Let him do whatever he wants. Your job is over.

In my humble opinion, it's the taxi drivers fault though others are siding with him.

He should have moved to the left when he saw the biker heading his way. 99% that driver was drunk or possesses no license and permit. Only an L board chap will stop in the middle of the highway blinking. I will issue an official apology if its not the case.

So good luck.

Last edited by hangover : 23rd August 2016 at 19:59.
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:08   #21572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Hey you seem to be feeling bad. Solving the world's problems is not your job. I guarantee.
Definitely not. That's why I mentioned categorically That I've not taken offence to your comments. I only said that if you could ask me so many questions, anyone can imagine how much i would be questioned if I got into it legally

Quote:
I avoid philosophizing and escaping. If I can help it.

So, go to any Bangalore one center. Go by 9 am. Ask for RC extract with that vehicle number. This is an A4 sheet with the owner name and address. It costs 20 Rs. They won't ask you why or who wants to know. It's an official service provided for anyone.

Enter that address in google maps or anything else you prefer. If you get a valid address go and visit the driver.

Maybe type in main road and then zero in to the house number.

Okay.

Forget that video. It's not a good evidence. If the driver asks for assistance make an affidavit with your story. Notarize and give it to driver. Keep notarized copy. Let him do whatever he wants. Your job is over.
Thanks for this piece of information.

Quote:
In my humble opinion, it's the taxi drivers fault though others are siding with him.

He should have moved to the left when he saw the biker heading his way. 99% that driver was drunk or possesses no license and permit. Only an L board chap will stop in the middle of the highway blinking. I will issue an official apology if its not the case.
When I saw with my eyes, even i thought he could have moved leftward.
but after seeing the recorded video, I could see there is another two wheeler on his left. please look at it carefully.
So in all probabilities, when he saw this motorbike coming towards him, he stopped.
DUI,No licence or permit is so difficult a conclusion to come to with this evidence
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:53   #21573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They won't ask you why or who wants to know. It's an official service provided for anyone.
OT:

Are you sure about this?

If it is , it is something which is not right on their part to give you out the address to any Tom/Dick/Harry asking for it based on the registration number as it can be mis-used , not to mention risky.

I know phone companies don't give out the address attached to the phone number unless it is from cops with a valid request.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:22   #21574
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
+1 . Cars tend to bounce around and in such situations you don't have much grip when you brake hard. Also the undulations make it very dangerous in the wet.
Car bouncing could also be due to worn out suspensions. Don't you think?

Quote:
Lots of standing water puddles hide the undulations form sight.
Puddles are still manageable. Some highways have 2-3 inches standing water post heavy rains. The best of cars and drivers get dragged sideways if you enter it even at low 40's speed.

Quote:
Now all this will be justified only if you are able to save TIME. The cost of driving on NICE Road is so high that they feel its justified only if they are able to drive FAST. At such speeds mistakes prove to be costly.
I humbly disagree on the lack of time savings statement. I used to live in Cambridge layout, ESI hospital road a while ago. I would go to Ooty once a month on business. In all cases I found that taking the NICE road saved me half an hour both directions. And at all hours.

Some minor undulations exist but it's anyday better than 20 road humps and steel "suicide" barricades from BEL factory to the jn. of NICE & Mys. Rd.

Plus on Mysore road on this particular section I once got stopped by a camera Tavera. I pleaded that I was doing 75 well below the speed limit of 80. I said check the camera please. I will pay double fine if above 80.

SI asked - Saar where are you coming from?
Righteous me - Airport. Speed limit is 80. I always obey the law.
SI - here it is 60.
RM - oh. Heh heh. I know kencha, Naga, layout manja.
SI - I don't know them. Pay x amt. You want to pay double?
RM - Saar no Saar. I deeply respect police officers. You are all doing a wonderful job. Butter, ghee and sugar. You keep our society safe from criminals. Jam and honey.
SI - okay okay. Pay x/4. Don't eat my head. Go from here.
RM - Saar. Thank you very much.

Last edited by hangover : 23rd August 2016 at 21:29.
hangover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:11   #21575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

OT:

Are you sure about this?

Correct me if I am wrong.
It's quite true.

It's called a form 'B' extract, or a 'B' register extract.
This one is of my car.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-forumrunner_20160823_220812.png

All you need is the vehicle number and Rs.20/- to procure this. Though in Hemanth's case, it being a Taxi, it's anyone's guess who the 'registered' owner would be.
schakravarthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:38   #21576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Saw this in the papers today. Looking at the damage, I wonder what speeds were both vehicles doing. According to the article, both occupants in the X3 walked away with minor injuries. Sadly, all 3 in the Ecosport did not make it. The accident happened at a popular beach resort area which is around 3 - 4 hours away from Kolkata.
Looks like a case of drag racing on the open beach in the wee hours of the morning, if TOI is to be believed.

Also, the X3 driver has been arrested.

3 others were in the X3 (all from Ranchi), and all escaped with minor injuries.

Quote:
Dipesh Ranjan, 24, who had suffered bruises and cuts on his arms, legs and face after the Sunday morning crash was arrested after a local shopkeeper lodged a complaint at the Mandarmani coastal police station on Saturday night alleging that the two cars were engaged in a deadly game of cross racing when the accident took place in front of Sana Beach Resort around 5.30am.
And, according to ET, none of the 3 boys in the EcoSport were wearing seatbelts!

Quote:
According to witnesses, the Ford EcoSport had rolled twice after it hit the BMW. Police said none of its three occupants had seatbelts strapped on when their bodies were extracted.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:57   #21577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
The straights make the ordinary driver lose head and they simply thrash the pedal straight down without understanding that every car has its limits and when making corrections speed will simply cause instability
No second thought about it. If only people understood this...

I've seen and heard people claiming X-Time for Y-Distance if they are maintaining Z-Speed. It is almost equivalent to saying.., for example - 180kms in 3 hours maintaining 60kmph speed. People fail to understand that in reality, 180kms is not doable if your speedometer is pointing at 60kmph. You need to slow down, change gears, change lanes, sometimes even speed up, cross junctions, barricades, give way to others to name a few...

I have also noticed people badmouthing at a certain other driver for crossing.., say 100kmph barrier. These people claim themselves to be the decent, safe 70-80kmph kinds. In reality, these morons fail to slow down when there's traffic around them. They zig-zag between vehicles while maintaining that 70-80kmph all the time.., while the poor so-called 100+kmph guy would have made the right judgement, slowed down to may be even 40kmph or slower if need be, providing enough space and ensuring that he's not cutting into other people's lane causing inconvenience to other road users. Things worth pondering...

Quote:
You want a great drive, you have one of the better cars for that (Getz?), so I suggest one lazy Sunday, for you to head over to the Military Area adjoining Victoria Layout, join the palisades road where the M47 Patton Tank is on display.. follow the incredibly fun curvy roads for about 2 kms keeping the movement rightwards all the way (left turns will head to Ulsoor), until you join the Old Airport Road flyover to Koramangala which is connected by a full 360 loop, drive till the end and back. Keep speeds strictly legal and you'd love it. The bends are where the fun is.
Yep. A Getz CRDi. BTW, have done that road many a times - alternate road to office when I get bored of ORR Many people tend to take short-cuts, but I like to drive.., distance doesn't matter as long as I'm having a peaceful time driving.
vnidta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 00:40   #21578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The number is clearly visible and it is KA 51 9778. The only details I could get online is as shown below.
I sent an SMS "VAHAN KA519778" to 7738299899 and got the attached reply:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20160824002750_com.android.mms.png  

Old 24th August 2016, 07:41   #21579
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Posts related to NICE road have been moved out to this new thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...d-driving.html
Old 24th August 2016, 08:55   #21580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Mod Note: Posts related to NICE road have been moved out to this new thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...d-driving.html
There is also: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...bangalore.html (Query: NICE Road - Bangalore)

Perhaps merge the two? Does NICE need two threads discussing it?
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 09:58   #21581
BHPian

Quote:
I realised the date part after I saw it on my PC. Its been reset due to a faulty battery in the dashcam.

All your questions are valid. Taking no offense to it, this is why my colleague is telling me to stay out of it and I might get entangled in unnecessary hassles.
It feels bad but our legal system is something that is not very people-friendly
Hello Friend, If you are intending to help, nothing like it.

Most likely Form 'B' extract would give you the details of address or visiting the area police station would also make a difference.

Definitely you would not get into any legal tangle. The effort would be to visit Bangalore One or the police station to get address and then to the Court, may be once or twice for cross examination.

The whole process is slow and lengthy, but worth a try. End of it, you would feel good and will have a story to share with your friends and children
LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 10:28   #21582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
------SNIP------

So good luck.
Those are a lot of assumptions when the video is contrary.
PS: When you have such an accident, you have two thoughts, help or flee. It will not strike even the best of us in India to pull over. The first instinct in an accident is to slam on the brakes. That he has even stayed there after the accident, i dont think he was drunk. Or maybe he was at the end of the rainbow to not know enough to run.
But anyway.

Last edited by mayankk : 24th August 2016 at 10:30.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 11:58   #21583
BHPian

Saw this Verna on my way to office. Wonder how he managed to get it there!

PS: Excuse our Butler English on the video
vnidta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 12:04   #21584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Saw this Verna on my way to office. Wonder how he managed to get it there!
Answer here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4041381 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

The Verna swerved to avoid a biker who was making an illegal U-turn.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 14:53   #21585
Distinguished - BHPian

Got these as WhatsApp forward, happened somewhere in Rajasthan. Anyone has more info about this? Scary to look at the roof of the D'zire and scarier to think about the occupants. Looks like the D'zire rear ended the camel at high speed.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160824wa0004.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160824wa0005.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160824wa0006.jpg

I don't know if it's been shared here earlier. Can be deleted if already posted.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 24th August 2016 at 14:54.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks