Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2016, 11:17   #22261
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Also, the parents are primarily to blame in that they must educate the kids that motor vehicles are not meant for joyrides, and make sure that the car keys are out of reach of children, just like guns and knives.
I agree with you that parents are primarily to blame for the act of their kids, but please tell me which parent wants any harm to come to his kids. I read somewhere that in the last few years our society has changed i.e our threshold to suffer pain, emotional setbacks, stress etc.. etc.. has reduced. Parents also nowadays have become soft they don't want their kids to cry, put up tantrums etc so they give in to their wishes in spite of knowing the consequences an e.g. is seen by many of us in toy shops or fast food joints where parents relent.

Parenting now is more complicated than what it was 15 years ago, I for one was afraid of my father to the extent that I refrained from any unwanted activity for the fear of the rod ( I am sure a lot would disagree to this form of upbringing) or hurting his feelings. But I being a father of 10 year old now feel that my son isn't afraid of me or my feelings. He does what he wants in spite of listening to moral lectures patiently.

Coming back to this accident, I don't feel the parents are entirely to blame. I had friends who drove cars/scooters without their parents knowing about it by learning to drive from their peers. Also as someone has rightly said peer pressure is the root cause of many such adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
The easiest way to do this is by Disabling the car / Geofencing the car by using OBD based trackers.
If such a system is made available how many parents would fix this in their cars. This I feel is not the solution to the problem but a delay tactic till the kid finds some way of circumventing it.
The solution in my opinion is a drastic change to views of society, parenting etc. But then if you tell your kid not to drive till 18 but your neighbor allows his 16 year old to do so then in your kids opinion you are un cool, stuck up and strict. I for one am willing to live with this but then how many more are??

PS: There are exceptions to my arguments but they are quite few.

Last edited by RajeVenu : 18th November 2016 at 11:20.
Old 18th November 2016, 11:24   #22262
Senior - BHPian

I saw the police removing a dead body on ORR between PES & Nayandahalli turning at around 8:30 AM a couple of days back (16th).

Was it an accident or otherwise?
Old 18th November 2016, 11:27   #22263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Saw this on the ORR today. Not sure how this happened.
It seems the driver was too close to the railing and did not anticipate the approaching concrete protrusion.
Old 18th November 2016, 14:16   #22264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
As per another witness, two Infy buses too were involved in this and had happened just few meters after crossing the toll both, which means the speed could be very less and make us wonder how the car is in this state.
I left office around 5:30 yesterday, saw this huge traffic jam at the entrance of the toll, then saw a NHAI ambulance rushing , people made way, then noticed that the whole ramp of the flyover from ECITY phase 1 is blocked, and a bus had stopped at the front, dint take the flyover, took the hosur road, was wondering what really happened. Hope there were no serious injuries.

Anyone knows what exactly happened?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 19th November 2016, 10:41   #22265
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is some selctive reporting:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/55504419.cms

Though I agree that some clout may been brought to bear to have an "unknown" person at the wheel, but two points here.
No helmet, one. Two, it happened at a roundabout, so one of them was coming the wrong way, but no mention of that.
Another report mentions no alcohol involved, and that the guy took the victim to the hospital.
Old 20th November 2016, 12:49   #22266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Actually everyone in that video had a role and none played it too well.
In retrospect it was a good learning experience for all involved. Hope others can learn from this. That is why i posted it here.
Was not able to find that video scanning pages front and back..was it removed?
Old 21st November 2016, 09:57   #22267
Distinguished - BHPian

New Fortuner involved in fatal crash- Details Awaited

New Fortuner met with bad accident and the driver has passed away. I do not have any more details.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20161121wa0011.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20161121wa0010.jpg

Source : WhatsApp forward
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 10:37   #22268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
New Fortuner met with bad accident and the driver has passed away. I do not have any more details.

Attachment 1576864
Attachment 1576865

Source : WhatsApp forward
Wow, Newly Launched car involved in Accident.

Sad that driver passed away. Did the car topple ? Judging by the Roof, it might have toppled.

High Center of Gravity to be Blamed ?
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 10:39   #22269
BHPian

Do you guys think that the shock is well absorbed in the crumple zones?? also I did not see the front airbag, must perhaps have been cut or not seen??

RIP, the driver.
Old 21st November 2016, 10:59   #22270
Senior - BHPian

I still cannot understand why people tend to push the limits of a new car which they are not familiar with.

This looks like a test drive vehicle. No temporary plates either.
The usual mentality of the test driving public is drive as fast as possible and then think since it is a new vehicle , they are safe and invincible.

Last edited by tharian : 21st November 2016 at 11:02.
tharian is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 11:05   #22271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I still cannot understand why people tend to push the limits of a new car which they are not familiar with.

The usual mentality of the test driving public is drive as fast as possible and then think since it is a new vehicle , they are safe and invincible.
Not a test drive vehicle - it has had a puja done on it, which is generally done after vehicle handover to the owner has taken place.

Many people will take delivery of the car and prefer to do the registration themselves (eg: buy it in a Delhi dealership and register it in UP or Haryana, use their cousin's best friend's distant relative who is an RTO clerk, etc)
hserus is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 11:06   #22272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
This is not test drive vehicle. Car was delivered one day before the crash. Accident took place at Dewas, MP.
Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 11:06   #22273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Do you guys think that the shock is well absorbed in the crumple zones?? also I did not see the front airbag, must perhaps have been cut or not seen??

RIP, the driver.
Crumple zones dont seem to have come into play in this case. She has probably flipped and landed, or maybe gone under something. Who knows? But definitely not a head on.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 11:18   #22274
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Fortuner involved in fatal crash- Details Awaited

Looks like it veered off course and the road seems at a height. Should have rolled over too with impact on roof and curtain air bags being deployed ? Not sure why it resulted in fatality since it doesnt seem that bad. Not sure if seat belts were worn ?
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 11:49   #22275
BHPian

Re: New Fortuner involved in fatal crash- Details Awaited

Could be the case of novice driver or new driver for high GC vehicle. We can only speculate without further details on the accident.
It appears that Fortuner overturned during the crash, reminds me of following video. Why Toyota could not fix it?
While it's rivals in same UV space have much better road manners, under emergency conditions/ sharp steering inputs -

Acharya is offline   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks