Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 13:49   #22636
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads1485 View Post
Saw this pic in one of the FB groups yesterday...apparently a Diavel crashed somewhere near the Bandra-Worli Sealink.

Any idea what the condition of the rider is and what circumstances led to the crash?
I *heard* that the rider is no more! Also, that he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20170119-11.14.17-pm.jpeg
Divya Sharan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 15:55   #22637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Also, that he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Attachment 1597245
He can afford a 16 lakh bike, but doesnt want to save his life with a 10k helmet!
RIP!

I dont know about this rider, but many superbike owners ride purely for attention, not for the pleasure of riding. Your face needs to be visible to others, that is what they think.

Wear helmet, ride safe, no matter you ride a 50cc moped or a H2R.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th January 2017 at 15:56.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 19:58   #22638
BHPian

This happened near Reclamation from what I hear. And what the poster above me said, I quite true. A majority of the superbike riders in that area of Bombay (Reclamation, Carter Road, Bandstand) seem to just be there to show off to the public that they own a big expensive superbike. Absolutely no gear, high revs in low gears and next to no road sense. All in all a fatal recipe.

PS : No offence to you Bombay boys who ride safely, I've seen loads of you guys all geared up, on similar bikes and riding like your head has been screwed on right.
AbelAFC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 21:28   #22639
Team-BHP Support

That's not limited to Bombay. Here in Bangalore some affluent areas (parts of Jayanagar, JP Nagar, Indira Nagar etc.) have plenty of folks owning expensive big bikes, and I've noticed guys riding around in short and flip-flops, showing off and scaring innocent road users by sneaking up close and revving up.

Absolutely no respect for their bike, their life and others around them.

No intent to paint all 'bikers' with the same brush, I actually sympathize with them for getting a bad name due to these idiots. I pity the poor bikes, of course.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th January 2017 at 21:43.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 10:28   #22640
BHPian

Saw this pic on Instagram yesterday evening but now it seems to be removed. It says that the bus toppled after being hit by the avventura. Don't have further info on how the accident occurred and from the pics I guess the passengers would've survived provided they were buckled up. Airbags have been activated and considering a bus v/s car accident the lil Fiat has taken the impact very well. Hoping there were no casualties.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20170120191204.png  

SUPERSPORT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 13:28   #22641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
I *heard* that the rider is no more! Also, that he wasn't wearing a helmet.
Damn, that's pretty bad. Condolences to the family of the rider.

Mid Day article about the crash - http://www.mid-day.com/articles/birt...-news/17927165

Tragic.

Last edited by ads1485 : 21st January 2017 at 13:37. Reason: Added link
ads1485 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 19:59   #22642
BHPian

Received as whatsapp forward. I don't know how this happened but looks terrible.

Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20170121wa0027.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 21st January 2017 at 23:02.
Old 22nd January 2017, 02:42   #22643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
Saw this pic on Instagram yesterday evening but now it seems to be removed. It says that the bus toppled after being hit by the avventura. Don't have further info on how the accident occurred and from the pics I guess the passengers would've survived provided they were buckled up. Airbags have been activated and considering a bus v/s car accident the lil Fiat has taken the impact very well. Hoping there were no casualties.
The passengers would have belted the belts otherwise the airbags wouldn't have got activated.
Old 22nd January 2017, 06:11   #22644
BHPian

This was posted in HVK FB page yesterday. It happened close to Mahabalipuram. The revv self drive scorpio was battered beyond recognition. There were 10 college students in the vehicle.One died on the spot apparently.

The scorpio in question was brand new, just a month old.

The person who posted this had also posted more photos and a video. But it is way too gory to post here. I'm unable to understand why these guys need to drive beyond their capabilities . May the person who lost his life RIP.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-_20170122_060540.jpg

Last edited by Shanksta : 22nd January 2017 at 06:13.
Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 09:36   #22645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

The person who posted this had also posted more photos and a video. But it is way too gory to post here. I'm unable to understand why these guys need to drive beyond their capabilities . May the person who lost his life RIP.

Attachment 1597674
They were driving the car beyond its capability - 10 people in the car?
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 10:20   #22646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
There were 10 college students in the vehicle.One died on the spot apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They were driving the car beyond its capability - 10 people in the car?
That's how the economics of sharing and leveraging by numbers works, famously begins in the college life. Take a dozen friends, rent a car and split the charges to about Rs.200 per person and then throw caution to the wind as the thrills of displaying guts and glory to the buddies takes over, many laughs and tight turns later, such an event will take place.

Not saying we know exactly what happened in this incident, but I've read many other cases of Zoom cars in this thread - Scorpios, Figos, and even Merc A-Class all totalled, the cars that survive the onslaught of bad driving may be in a drivable condition but just barely. If one doesn't own it, one doesn't take care of it is conditioned immaculately in most people's minds.. anything on rent is in grave danger.

There are many businesses I wouldn't even dream of, or consider heading even with a fat paycheck or total support from investors, top on the list would be car rentals and anything rental.
dark.knight is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 11:33   #22647
Senior - BHPian

This happened to a person I know about - a young, handsome and a very very well mannered boy all of 20 years. He passed away a few weeks back in a freak road accident. A bit of hesitation, bad judgement and bad luck did him in. Prayers for the departed soul and for strength to his family, especially parents.

Last edited by rrsteer : 22nd January 2017 at 11:36.
rrsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:49   #22648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
A bit of hesitation, bad judgement and bad luck did him in.
Lot of bad luck I would say.

Really sad video. May the family get all the strength to overcome this.

But only one thing he could've done better, and the one thing I see with most other people. They choose the longest path in a junction to cross. instead breaking it into 2 or 3 or 4 parts which will give them enough places to wait like the medians and footpaths. Of course it is longer distance but it is safer. In this case who knows, if he had gone to his right or left before crossing, things might have been different

Just to depict what I say, this guy took the path similar to the red line
Had he tried to take something similar to the green line, it would've helped may be.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 15:05   #22649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Lot of bad luck I would say.

Really sad video. May the family get all the strength to overcome this.

But only one thing he could've done better, and the one thing I see with most other people. They choose the longest path in a junction to cross. instead breaking it into 2 or 3 or 4 parts which will give them enough places to wait like the medians and footpaths. Of course it is longer distance but it is safer. In this case who knows, if he had gone to his right or left before crossing, things might have been different
Extremely sad incident. But if you look closely, he was the reason of that accident. The SUV and the truck seemed to have spotted him at the last moment and in a bid to avoid him, panicked and braked hard which led to the loss of control. I feel, he paid a huge price for utter carelessness. I feel extremely sorry for his family. May God give them the strength to bear the loss.

I wonder whether the zebra crossing marks (if present) would have prevented this accident.
n_naik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:36   #22650
Senior - BHPian

I think there is some confusion as the Fortuner driver has passed away (as mentioned in the next news clip on YouTube). I also thought that the BSF guy was being referred to until I saw the next two news videos. Both the videos mentioned only one casualty. rrsteer could clear the confusion.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed